TheGuardian blasts Dana: "You don't bounce back from hitting women" is the UFC's biggest lie

So when the Guardian isn’t peddling fake news they are peddling old news such as Dana being a liar

do these idiots want the man to not have a job so he wanders the streets committing more crimes? Ostracizing criminals from society is probably a good way to keep them in the spiral of crime.
I don't think anyone is against him having a job but more so him having a job where he is celebrated for violence.

Most companies can discriminate against you if your conviction relates to your potential role.

Also, this thread is about the 473 billionth time DW has flipped on what he has previously said. Paul Daley's banishment is about the only thing Dana has ever stuck with and that is only because he loses against solid competition.

Left-wingers (The Guardian's target audience) want every criminal to have a second chance at life. Unless the victim is a woman (and the perp is a man) or the victim is a minority (and the perp is not a minority), then it's different no matter what.

Because race and gender don't matter, except they do. Or something.

I can't figure it out, but that's the way it is. Don't shoot the messenger.

Men who make a fetish out of showing how against male-on-female violence they are usually have the biggest skeletons in the closet on the topic (or something equally horrific), or do so out of pure self-interest as a sexual strategy, since they can't attract women through more traditional means.

It's very sad and pathetic.

1) I do care about what this guy did, because domestic violence is a serious issue. I’m not advocating for him to not have a job, but I do think it’s important both for him and for the UFC to address it, instead of ignoring it. There’s a reason he’s a “former NFL player”, and it’s not because he tore his ACL.

2) I do agree that UFC’s double standard in dealing with domestic violence needs to be addressed. Some guys get cut (Will Chope), some are quietly suspended (Michael Johnson), some not so quietly suspended (Travis Browne), and some get a co-main in their UFC debut.

Mabey its me personally that dont want my entertaintment to focuse on bigger issues in world society. I hear those storys all the time in my line of work and I get fed up when every mma outlet and so many fans wants to focuse on it in a way that imo isnt constructive at all. I just cant see how mma journalists, fans and the ufc can do something to help domestic abused victims and abusers by just «focusing» on it during a fight week. Mabey Im wrong, mabey all the focuse makes x ammount of victims or abusers seek help.......?

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but "the news" isn't the best example of where to associate ones moral compass. "The news" creates a lot more hate than good in this country.

My point, though, was simply to emphasize that her being a woman would indeed by highlighted in any media statement, regardless of the source being literally influenced or not.

Guardian is part of the fake news global network, who cares what they say.

I don't think anyone is against him having a job but more so him having a job where he is celebrated for violence.

Those people are stupid and are oblivious to context and nuance.

Do you as a mma fan care though? Arnt we more curiouse about what technical improvements a high level nfl athelete can make to become a force at the very shallow UFC he division? The more i read sherdog, the more I think sherbros is turning into social justice warriors caring more about personal life and morals than technique and preformance...
This may be the most impressive post yet.

Feed him to the beast

SeparateCaringCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

Those people are stupid and are oblivious to context and nuance.
While clearly not A to B the path doesn't look like a Google Maps cross country trek.

I hope someone ends his career within his first few fights.

The Guardian, ha! Cultural marxist horse shit.

do these idiots want the man to not have a job so he wanders the streets committing more crimes? Ostracizing criminals from society is probably a good way to keep them in the spiral of crime.
^

This is something I never got. If I were to consider myself a liberal/progressive person a decade back, I'd have been having all the arguments I could on our justice systems focus on punishment alone being completely broken, and how more needs to be done for rehabilitation to reduce recidivism. But today, I should be furthering through social media the crucifixion of employers who accept high profile people with criminal backgrounds?

Maybe it's just certain crimes and I just missed the weekly meeting, but it seems i never got the memo

Let him work construction or something

Don't let him become a star athlete

he won't be a star athlete, the sport he was training his entire life for kicked him out and pretty much blacklisted him, and the sport he's currently in is almost a joke and he looks like he'll be KO'd soon by some guy who can strike.

why are people so against him? the charges were dropped, i do believe he's a scumbag but punishing him for something he wasn't found guilty of just because you feel the right to it, doesn't actually make it right.

and besides, life is punishing him enough already the way i see it. he's forever labelled a woman beater, lost his multi-million dollar job, and now has to risk getting his ass beat in front of the world to make money.

isn't that justice? it's only not justice if you really believe he's going to be successful in MMA, and i do not.

Hardy never admitted that he actually touched that female. Did you know a huge percentage of these cases of domestic abuse are made up? Who is the victim here again?

Back