TheGuardian blasts Dana: "You don't bounce back from hitting women" is the UFC's biggest lie

he won't be a star athlete, the sport he was training his entire life for kicked him out and pretty much blacklisted him, and the sport he's currently in is almost a joke and he looks like he'll be KO'd soon by some guy who can strike.

why are people so against him? the charges were dropped, i do believe he's a scumbag but punishing him for something he wasn't found guilty of just because you feel the right to it, doesn't actually make it right.

and besides, life is punishing him enough already the way i see it. he's forever labelled a woman beater, lost his multi-million dollar job, and now has to risk getting his ass beat in front of the world to make money.

isn't that justice? it's only not justice if you really believe he's going to be successful in MMA, and i do not.
He was found guilty by a judge, actually.

NFL didn't blacklist him, he played after a 4 game suspension after his legal troubles.

If you read the post you'd know.

They don't think UFC should let him skip all the press conferences, they want to grill him for his past actions.

They didn't say he doesn't deserve employment.
The UFC controls the narrative not the media. UFC 232 is proof enough.

At the end of the day, the UFC's audience pays to watch people punch each other in the face. They don't care about bad P.R.

He was found guilty by a judge, actually.

NFL didn't blacklist him, he played after a 4 game suspension after his legal troubles.

ok, so then he was punished? because all i remember was he had a court date and the victim didn't show and then they threw it out because of that.

and the NFL didn't blacklist him but Carolina pretty much did. haven't you noticed how the NFL is now a days? you hit a woman, you're pretty much done. you might jump around a bit and play a few games, but essentially you're never gonna reach superstar status.

so what do you want to do? have him hanged?

because what you're suggesting, not allowing him to be a star athlete, is kind of ridiculous. why can't he be a star athlete but he can be a construction worker? simply because athletes make more money? what if he becomes an extremely successful construction worker and owns his own company? should we take that away from him to and keep jumping him around in jobs until we find one he sucks at?

so again i think it's even worse you don't want him to be a star athlete now, now that you even admit he was already found guilty and punished. so what, we keep punishing people until we feel like it's good?

do these idiots want the man to not have a job so he wanders the streets committing more crimes? Ostracizing criminals from society is probably a good way to keep them in the spiral of crime.

Simple: violent criminals should be executed. Then they won't be shitting up our streets and we won't need to give them "second chances."

Men who make a fetish out of showing how against male-on-female violence they are usually have the biggest skeletons in the closet on the topic (or something equally horrific), or do so out of pure self-interest as a sexual strategy, since they can't attract women through more traditional means.

It's very sad and pathetic.
These are also the same dudes who will sit on a couch playing video games, not seem capable of doing anything useful, productive, or handy, and then mope when women leave them. "They always go for the assholes."

They think neglect is nowhere near as bad as abuse and think their criticisms of other men insulate them from valid criticisms.

MMA fighters are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for domestic violence than NFL players. But UFC does not want to talk about the issue.

his Saturday former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy — a man once convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend — will make his official UFC debut. To add to the controversy, Hardy is scheduled to compete on the same fight card as Rachel Ostovich, who suffered a broken orbital bone during an alleged attack by her husband.

The UFC’s willingness to promote Hardy on a variety of their platforms, including their highly anticipated debut on ESPN+, highlights the gaping inconsistencies in their domestic violence policies.

In the wake of NFL running back Ray Rice assaulting his fiancée in 2014, UFC president Dana White took a strong stance against domestic violence: “There’s one thing that you never bounce back from and that’s putting your hands on a woman. Been that way in the UFC since we started here. You don’t bounce back from putting your hands on a woman.”

By December 2018, White’s stance on domestic violence had dramatically changed from his zero-tolerance approach.

In an attempt to stifle journalists from asking further questions about Hardy, the promotion shielded the fighter from fight-week media obligations. The UFC took this decision despite Hardy’s place in the co-main event. When it comes to domestic violence, it appears that UFC thinks silence is golden.

UFC did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/17/greg-hardy-ufc-domestic-violence-rachel-ostovich

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

white%20funny.jpg
danawtf.png
a fresh dana photo from TODAY when Greg Hardy just gone done being like this:

upload_2019-1-18_9-52-31.png

Is this the guardian that literally made up a story about Paul Manafort then retracted it because it was 100% false.. yeah who gives a fuck about what they think

look who wrote that article, it's the same fuckboy that does the other opinion pieces we've been talking about over the last months. It couldn't be more guardian if it tried. Leftist garbage.

I bet pro cage-fighters are more likely to be arrested for domestic violence than chess players too
If we are going by arrest statistics. I have seen some of these accusations involve a light bruise on the arm all the way to Christy Mack.

I think if a pro fighter loses his temper you tend to look more like Mack.

There are false allegations that lead to arrests, and if I had to guess, I bet it occurs more often where the male is involved in combat sports.

I’m alright with giving people a second chance, under most circumstances. Dana kind of shot himself in the foot though on this one

People in all jobs do bad shit all the time but it only matters if you are famous.

I disagree on the ratios. There are a ton of pro footballers that have covered up all kinds of domestic abuse.

They can afford to pay hush money ( and are often protected by the nfl) while mma fighters simply don't have the resources. Only the ones that have significant others that insist on going public get punished.

Dosent matter. It’s a fight. Not Harvard. I want convicts fighting too. I want the roughest guys possible

I'm willing to accept a dip in sporting excitement in exchange for a dip in violent crime.

sure, but most people don't give a shit unless they're directly involved. that's just how the world is now.

America loves a winner, no matter what. look at Ray Lewis, dude is an NFL LEGEND and also involved in a double homicide, which he pretty much has said he beat by having divine protection from God himself.

but that doesn't matter that he says things that sound like a lunatic or was involved in murders, the thing that matters is: YOU SEE HOW MANY SACKS HE GOT?!

sure, but most people don't give a shit unless they're directly involved. that's just how the world is now.

America loves a winner, no matter what. look at Ray Lewis, dude is an NFL LEGEND and also involved in a double homicide, which he pretty much has said he beat by having divine protection from God himself.

but that doesn't matter that he says things that sound like a lunatic or was involved in murders, the thing that matters is: YOU SEE HOW MANY SACKS HE GOT?!

Yes, too much decadence and too soft on crime. I agree that's the way it is; though it's not the way it should be.

Turds like Hardy and Lewis should have been flushed long ago.

Don't follow American football. But from the articles I've read, Hardy was a repeated headache for the NFL, which was behind their decision to just remove him from their sport. ie: the domestic abuse wasn't some isolated outlining incident.

Perpetual doesn't mean what you think then. Being a headache years ago doesn't make you a perpetual screw up. He's been doing well since he's started MMA.

Back