TheGuardian blasts Dana: "You don't bounce back from hitting women" is the UFC's biggest lie

I thought women and men were equal. It should just say he hit a person. Women are equal to men, gender is fluid, ask a liberal they’ll tell you.

One side I get its bad, but I really want to see Greg Hardy KOed senseless.

I thought women and men were equal. It should just say he hit a person. Women are equal to men, gender is fluid, ask a liberal they’ll tell you.

That's actually complete bullshit. Ever read the news? I would assume not, given your hangups on "liberals," which you seem to equate with anyone not in support of men who beat women.

Why don't you go polish your AR15 collection and pleasure yourself to some Trump photos?

That's actually complete bullshit. Ever read the news? I would assume not, given your hangups on "liberals," which you seem to equate with anyone not in support of men who beat women.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but "the news" isn't the best example of where to associate ones moral compass. "The news" creates a lot more hate than good in this country.

so what do they want? Greg Hardy to become a homeless person or a criminal? let the man make a living, sure, he's a scumbag, but so is Chris Brown and nobody is bitching to Interscope Records about him choking Rihanna.
True, but other employees of Interscope that are against or who have suffered domestic abuse themselves, are not forced to collaborate with Brown. I can sympathize with both sides of the argument. It might be better than to have him out there robbing people because he’s broke.

lots of guys are convicted of hitting their girlfriends. a lot of time it has to do with the deal and not the actual action. a guy might take a plea deal and get convicted for less time money and stress. If you're actually interested read into it, conviction rates are high for a reason, and not because of serial woman beaters.

Why don't you go polish your AR15 collection and pleasure yourself to some Trump photos?[/QUOTE
It’s not okay to hit women, I’m actually one that believes women are weaker, more fragile than men. I don’t like how people are trying to say women and men are equal and gender is a mental identity/choice. Gay liberals like you are the ones putting women in danger.

Hardy played the system and came out without doing being sentenced. He likely did all that he was alleged to have done but he went through the process and walked. Not the first or the last that this will happen for. He needs to earn a living. If he can't do it in a cage where can he? Personally I wish he was still playing football but he isn't so let him fight in the cage.

Here's the thing to consider though. Who gets to debut on the co-main-event with a 3-0 record at one of the organizations most important cards in history? He has the full backing of the UFC machine at a level that almost no other sportsman has. Hardy isn't having a Second Chance, Hardy is getting Privileged. His status is already far above 95% of the people in the UFC and he hasn't even fought yet.

Derrick Lewis is someone who had his second chance. Hardy isn't.
Pretty much. He is the only guy the UFC signed while being a complete project. They didn't just give him a second chance, they rolled the red carpet out for him.

I don’t think Rachel whatever her name is even suffered a broken orbital

This.. no way she was cleared to trained so fast, forget about getting licensed to fight in this time frame.

Always roll my eyes when I read the broken bone part more like bruise or something.

I do like that all these media outlets are offended on Rachel Ostovich's behalf.

"I have nothing to do with Greg Hardy. I'm just grateful to be fighting again." - Rachel Ostovich

I think that people who commit domestic abuse are pieces of shit but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to work...

MMA fighters are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for domestic violence than NFL players. But UFC does not want to talk about the issue.

his Saturday former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy — a man once convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend — will make his official UFC debut. To add to the controversy, Hardy is scheduled to compete on the same fight card as Rachel Ostovich, who suffered a broken orbital bone during an alleged attack by her husband.

The UFC’s willingness to promote Hardy on a variety of their platforms, including their highly anticipated debut on ESPN+, highlights the gaping inconsistencies in their domestic violence policies.

In the wake of NFL running back Ray Rice assaulting his fiancée in 2014, UFC president Dana White took a strong stance against domestic violence: “There’s one thing that you never bounce back from and that’s putting your hands on a woman. Been that way in the UFC since we started here. You don’t bounce back from putting your hands on a woman.”

By December 2018, White’s stance on domestic violence had dramatically changed from his zero-tolerance approach.

In an attempt to stifle journalists from asking further questions about Hardy, the promotion shielded the fighter from fight-week media obligations. The UFC took this decision despite Hardy’s place in the co-main event. When it comes to domestic violence, it appears that UFC thinks silence is golden.

UFC did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/17/greg-hardy-ufc-domestic-violence-rachel-ostovich

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

white%20funny.jpg
You can murder someone or be a pedophile, but hitting a woman is the one thing you never bounce back from?

Do you as a mma fan care though? Arnt we more curiouse about what technical improvements a high level nfl athelete can make to become a force at the very shallow UFC he division? The more i read sherdog, the more I think sherbros is turning into social justice warriors caring more about personal life and morals than technique and preformance...

Yes but I think the inconsistencies in the UFC's BS morality is what irks people. They act like they care about domestic violence to appease idiots and then they promote this guy on the main event. Thats the part people react to. If the UFC didn't blatantly say stupid sht like that to create a perception, then no one would care.

You're right that no one really cares about his actions from an MMA fan perspective. But the UFC is getting heat for promoting him after making hypocritical comments. The UFC being a mean organization who doesnt care bout fighters and does shady things is one of the most interesting stories about the UFC, and this attention will only lead to big ratings for them overall ha. The UFC is very calculated and intelligent, even if it seems like chaos.

1) I do care about what this guy did, because domestic violence is a serious issue. I’m not advocating for him to not have a job, but I do think it’s important both for him and for the UFC to address it, instead of ignoring it. There’s a reason he’s a “former NFL player”, and it’s not because he tore his ACL.

2) I do agree that UFC’s double standard in dealing with domestic violence needs to be addressed. Some guys get cut (Will Chope), some are quietly suspended (Michael Johnson), some not so quietly suspended (Travis Browne), and some get a co-main in their UFC debut.

He was never convicted for it though. So how do we even know what happened.

do these idiots want the man to not have a job so he wanders the streets committing more crimes? Ostracizing criminals from society is probably a good way to keep them in the spiral of crime.

so what do they want? Greg Hardy to become a homeless person or a criminal? let the man make a living, sure, he's a scumbag, but so is Chris Brown and nobody is bitching to Interscope Records about him choking Rihanna.

Let him work construction or something

Don't let him become a star athlete

Back