TheGuardian blasts Dana: "You don't bounce back from hitting women" is the UFC's biggest lie

do these idiots want the man to not have a job so he wanders the streets committing more crimes? Ostracizing criminals from society is probably a good way to keep them in the spiral of crime.
There are more jobs than fighting come on. Dumb argument.

The UFC has been salivating about getting NFL athletes ever since the Fertitta days. The very thought of sucking one of their cocks tightens Dana's butthole. But since they won't pay them NFL salaries, the only ones who are willing to hop over are perpetual screw-ups like Hardy. And that frustrated the UFC to no end.

I routinely hit my wife until I saw that Gillette commercial, which made me realize it's not okay to hit women (or anyone, or do anything physical or remotely aggressive).

Then I saw the upcoming Fight Night card, saw Hardy on the same card as Ostovich, and I realized that indeed my initial instincts had been correct, and that hitting women is acceptable and even encouraged.

I thank the UFC for setting me back on the right path.

What greg did is a scumbag move and real bottom of the barrel stuff but people deserve a second chance- to an extent.

Here's the thing to consider though. Who gets to debut on the co-main-event with a 3-0 record at one of the organizations most important cards in history? He has the full backing of the UFC machine at a level that almost no other sportsman has. Hardy isn't having a Second Chance, Hardy is getting Privileged. His status is already far above 95% of the people in the UFC and he hasn't even fought yet.

Derrick Lewis is someone who had his second chance. Hardy isn't.

Last edited:
The Guardian is nothing but a cesspool of shills. It's like Weekly World News with the font from the NYTimes.

If you read the post you'd know.

They don't think UFC should let him skip all the press conferences, they want to grill him for his past actions.

They didn't say he doesn't deserve employment.

you don't think grilling him about his checkered past is their way of trying to affect his employment? why don't they just leave his past in the past? everyone who even cares already knows what he did.

the media does the same shit to Mike Tyson and his alleged crime happened decades ago.

they just want to fuck with him is all. i don't even care for the guy, i rather he wasn't in MMA but that doesn't change the fact that this is stupid.

MMA fighters are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for domestic violence than NFL players. But UFC does not want to talk about the issue.

his Saturday former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy — a man once convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend — will make his official UFC debut. To add to the controversy, Hardy is scheduled to compete on the same fight card as Rachel Ostovich, who suffered a broken orbital bone during an alleged attack by her husband.

The UFC’s willingness to promote Hardy on a variety of their platforms, including their highly anticipated debut on ESPN+, highlights the gaping inconsistencies in their domestic violence policies.

In the wake of NFL running back Ray Rice assaulting his fiancée in 2014, UFC president Dana White took a strong stance against domestic violence: “There’s one thing that you never bounce back from and that’s putting your hands on a woman. Been that way in the UFC since we started here. You don’t bounce back from putting your hands on a woman.”

By December 2018, White’s stance on domestic violence had dramatically changed from his zero-tolerance approach.

In an attempt to stifle journalists from asking further questions about Hardy, the promotion shielded the fighter from fight-week media obligations. The UFC took this decision despite Hardy’s place in the co-main event. When it comes to domestic violence, it appears that UFC thinks silence is golden.

UFC did not respond to a request for comment on this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/17/greg-hardy-ufc-domestic-violence-rachel-ostovich

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

white%20funny.jpg

Which study was the "mma fighters are 4 times more likely" statistic from?

HBO Real Sports? That's an academic study if ever I heard one.

Last edited:
Speaking for "these idiots"
Pretty sure there are two major issues that people have with Hardy. Perhaps 3
The first is that he never paid for his crime.
The second is that hes never really shown contrition
And the third is that people tend to consider entertainment jobs as more of a privilege as compared to "normal" jobs. And it is true that certain transgressions can, and should, get you blackballed from certain fields. In this case it seems, to me at least, is that domestic abuse should be one such transgression for athletes in contact sports.

1. He did pay for his crime, the VICTIM decided to settle out of court. The victim literally chose his punishment.
2. So because you personally haven't seen "contrition" that means he isn't remorseful about his actions? Are you serious? Lol.
3. Completely wrong. Entertainers get passes for bad shit all the time. There are plenty of people in hollywood sexually abusing and sexually assaulting people which involves rape and the grooming of children but Greg Hardy assaulting his ex and then turning his life around is enough for you to think he should be blackballed? Smh.

You're a grown man, talking absolute non-sense. Hardy turned his life around from assaulting a women and using drugs, to being a family man but you want him to suffer because you have an opinion on his life? Damn, you're stupid.

They are talking about fighters, not ambassadors. Let the legal system deal with those incidents.

1. He did pay for his crime, the VICTIM decided to settle out of court. The victim literally chose his punishment.
2. So because you personally haven't seen "contrition" that means he isn't remorseful about his actions? Are you serious? Lol.
3. Completely wrong. Entertainers get passes for bad shit all the time. There are plenty of people in hollywood sexually abusing and sexually assaulting people which involves rape and the grooming of children but Greg Hardy assaulting his ex and then turning his life around is enough for you to think he should be blackballed? Smh.

You're a grown man, talking absolute non-sense. Hardy turned his life around from assaulting a women and using drugs, to being a family man but you want him to suffer because you have an opinion on his life? Damn, you're stupid.

You seem to have misinterpreted the tone of my post, so there’s literally nothing here I can reply to.

That guy is definitely an Ariel Helwani alias.

What greg did is a scumbag move and real bottom of the barrel stuff but people deserve a second chance- to an extent.
Oh sure, 240lbs dude with anger issues fucking crushing a tiny woman bouncing her head around a room deserves a second chance.

What the fuck is wrong with you

The UFC has been salivating about getting NFL athletes ever since the Fertitta days. The very thought of sucking one of their cocks tightens Dana's butthole. But since they won't pay them NFL salaries, the only ones who are willing to hop over are perpetual screw-ups like Hardy. And that frustrated the UFC to no end.

"Perpetual" What does he keep screwing up? What has he even done that's screwed up since he's been doing MMA?

Hope Solo was allowed to "bounce back" after committing domestic violence against men...but I realize there are double standards here.

"Perpetual" What does he keep screwing up? What has he even done that's screwed up since he's been doing MMA?

Don't follow American football. But from the articles I've read, Hardy was a repeated headache for the NFL, which was behind their decision to just remove him from their sport. ie: the domestic abuse wasn't some isolated outlining incident.

At the expense of poo pooing something I hold is one of the worst things a person can do, what are people who fuck up supposed to do? I would think a guy like Hardy, if he were to do it again, has a better chance of it coming to light as a pro-fighter or NFL player than Greg Hardy that sells cars now at some dealership in El Paso.

I remember Will Chope getting cut before his last fight in his contract.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/...ue-joint-statement-in-response-to-ufc-release

Chope, who was paid his show money for the bout despite not competing, created the video above with his ex-wife, who is identified here as Ashleigh.

The two answer a number of common questions stemming both from Chope's dismissal from the UFC and Air Force as well as the state of their current relationship. Chope ex-wife's says she and Chope are friends, that some details in the military's documentation of the domestic violence incidents are exaggerated, the two are friends now and she's forgiven Chope because she maintains he's a changed person.

"At the end of the day," Chope continues, "I did get cut by the UFC. I am grateful. The UFC was grateful enough to actually pay me my show money because I did weigh in for my last fight against Diego Brandao, but I got cut. I hold no ill grudge against the UFC. I understand what they're doing. They're protecting their brand. They don't want a guy who has domestic violence on the record fighting in the UFC, and I get that.

<Dana05>

Hardy can go get a job at McDonalds, or shoveling shit as far as I care, but if the UFC employs him he should be at the pressers and get burned down by the press if they choose to, not kept safe by the UFC.
But it is obvious the UFC only pretends to care about domestic violence, but it reality they don't give a shit as long as it brings in the cash.

Back