Opinion The War Room Bet Thread V7

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 53 Quipling v. SATW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 54 Fawlty v. oceanmachine

• Bet 59 MMAisGod v. oceanmachine

• Bet 57 Trotsky v. heirapparent

• Bet 58 Trotsky v. second sight

• Bet 46 Andy Capp v. Richie Madano

• Total voters
I wonder if our boy will like Yellow or Dijon Mustard with his incoming crow?

@GearSolidMetal I haven’t done a bet in awhile. I’m willing to go on this one:

@Lead v @GearSolidMetal
1. Joe Biden will be the Democrat nominee for the 2024 Presidential Election on Election Day
2. Lead - Yes GearSolidMetal - No
3. 11/5/24 (Election Day)
4. Avatar bet
5. 3 months
6. This bet is on whether Biden will drop out of the race before Election Day. GearSolidMetal can win on any condition causing him to drop out including health, losing at the convention, or a new nominee being selected by the DNC post-convention. If Biden is the nominee on Election Day, Lead wins.
7. Arbiter - @HockeyBjj

Feel free to modify any proposal above. I put Hockey as arbiter but fine with any of the WR mods being used for this. From your thread, I believe these are favorable odds as you expect him to drop out in June but I’m marking it by Election Day.

To add further context, I’ve been on record Biden isn’t the same as he was during his term as VP and you can see aging. I even though early in his term he was going to just do a single term and serve as a bridge past Trump. I haven’t seen much difference between him beginning his first campaign and now. I have no reason to think his physical health could make him drop out aside from whatever chance there is being that age but having the best medical care possible. I also think even if some in his administration or the party wanted him to step back, it wouldn’t work unless he agreed and went forward with it considering he’s a sitting incumbent. Trump being in the race to me is a big factor Biden believes he needs to be on the ballot. Further, if there is some concern, debates already seem unlikely and last campaign was limited so they could easily coast to a loss/win. All those make me assume he will be the nominee up to Election Day.

@Lead v @GearSolidMetal
1. Joe Biden will be the Democrat nominee for the 2024 Presidential Election on Election Day
4. Avatar bet
5. 3 months
6. This bet is on whether Biden will drop out of the race before Election Day. GearSolidMetal can win on any condition causing him to drop out including health, losing at the convention, or a new nominee being selected by the DNC post-convention. If Biden is the nominee on Election Day, Lead wins.
7. Arbiter - @HockeyBjj

Feel free to modify any proposal above. I put Hockey as arbiter but fine with any of the WR mods being used for this. From your thread, I believe these are favorable odds as you expect him to drop out in June but I’m marking it by Election Day.

To add further context, I’ve been on record Biden isn’t the same as he was during his term as VP and you can see aging. I even though early in his term he was going to just do a single term and serve as a bridge past Trump. I haven’t seen much difference between him beginning his first campaign and now. I have no reason to think his physical health could make him drop out aside from whatever chance there is being that age but having the best medical care possible. I also think even if some in his administration or the party wanted him to step back, it wouldn’t work unless he agreed and went forward with it considering he’s a sitting incumbent. Trump being in the race to me is a big factor Biden believes he needs to be on the ballot. Further, if there is some concern, debates already seem unlikely and last campaign was limited so they could easily coast to a loss/win. All those make me assume he will be the nominee up to Election Day.

I accept.

Though only for 1 month.

And if I win, I won't make you change your av. I just want the satisfaction of being right.

Me, when Biden drops out :

@Lead v @GearSolidMetal
4. Avatar bet
5. 3 months
7. Arbiter - @HockeyBjj

I accept.

Though only for 1 month.

And if I win, I won't make you change your av. I just want the satisfaction of being right.

I got you guys, @Lead 1 month av good for you?

I accept.

Though only for 1 month.

Sounds good. I modified length below. I’m more looking to do another bet more than dish out some type of punishment either.

@Lead v @GearSolidMetal
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 months
7. Arbiter - @HockeyBjj

If you could quote and agree on more time, I’ll make it official in the thread pending @HockeyBjj ’s blessing on the format/ language

@Lead v @GearSolidMetal
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 months
7. Arbiter - @HockeyBjj

<JackieThumbsUp>