The War Room Bet Thread V5

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 21 oleDirtyBast4rd v. HomerThompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 24 Lead v. HomerThompson

• Bet 25 waiguoren v. HomerThompson

• Bet 28 IGIT v. HomerThompson

• Bet 36 Trosky v. waiguoren

• Bet 46 Jack V Savage v. Rockapotomuss

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
and @Lead sorry if I typed it wrong

Basically boils down to if the nominee gets confirmed before the election or Trump gets his nominee in a lame duck session when Biden *should* get the pick after his innaguration January 20th since he won the election @kpt018 wins because that’s dirty as fuck

If it just ends up the person who wins the election ends up getting their pick confirmed after the election, wether Biden or Trump, I win and that’s how it *should* go
No, there’s an important provision I don’t agree with. If Trump wins of course he’ll fill the seat and I don’t want to lose based on that (obviously he can).

If the seat is filled before the election (slimy) I win.

If Trump loses and fills the seat in a lame duck session (slimy) I win.

If Trump wins and fills the seat after the election there’s no winner.

If Biden wins and the seat is filled by him you win.

Agree?

No, there’s an important provision I don’t agree with. If Trump wins of course he’ll fill the seat and I don’t want to lose based on that (obviously he can).

I would say no, because this would mean Trump *didn’t* fill the seat before the election. And that’s what you sincerely believe will happen that I don’t think will.

The initial bet was really with GOP senate confirm a nominee before the election (scummy) or not, and then we added in that a lame duck fill is also scummy so you get it

If they don’t confirm before the election, or fill after Trump has lost, then filling the seat would have gone fine other than the fact it’s a liberal justice being replaced by a conservative one.

I would say no, because this would mean Trump *didn’t* fill the seat before the election. And that’s what you sincerely believe will happen that I don’t think will.

The initial bet was really with GOP senate confirm a nominee before the election (scummy) or not, and then we added in that a lame duck fill is also scummy so you get it

If they don’t confirm before the election, or fill after Trump has lost, then filling the seat would have gone fine other than the fact it’s a liberal justice being replaced by a conservative one.
Huh? I said Republicans will fill this seat 100%, so you called out a bet. Obviously if Trump wins that doesn’t contradict my position, so I don’t want that on the line.

I think it’s possible, but hard to fill it before the election, but I think Trump as a lame duck would fill it.

I have no interest in introducing the possibility he wins and fills it later.

Do you think if Biden wins he will get to fill the seat? If yes, that’s what I want to bet against. That and the possibility it’s filled before the election.

Huh? I said Republicans will fill this seat 100%, so you called out a bet. Obviously if Trump wins that doesn’t contradict my position, so I don’t want that on the line.

I think it’s possible, but hard to fill it before the election, but I think Trump as a lame duck would fill it.

I have no interest in introducing the possibility he wins and fills it later.

Do you think if Biden wins he will get to fill the seat? If yes, that’s what I want to bet against. That and the possibility it’s filled before the election.

Ok, if that’s a breaking point to you we can call anything with a Trump election win a push

so @Lead @kpt018 wins if Trump’s candidate gets officially approved by the Senate before the election or during a lame duck session (after Biden wins election but before Biden innagurated)

I only win if Biden gets to make his selection I win I guess. Still cool with the bet as I don’t think I lose.

No one wins if Trump wins the election and gets his nominee to the court after the election

Ok, if that’s a breaking point to you we can call anything with a Trump election win a push

so @Lead @kpt018 wins if Trump’s candidate gets officially approved by the Senate before the election or during a lame duck session (after Biden wins election but before Biden innagurated)

I only win if Biden gets to make his selection I win I guess. Still cool with the bet as I don’t think I lose.

No one wins if Trump wins the election and gets his nominee to the court after the election
Agreed

@Lead I’m shit at these so edit this to clean it up or ask for clarity

1) The senate will officially confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee either before the election, or before Innaguration it Biden wins the election
2) @kpt018 for, @HockeyBjj against
3) January 20th, or sooner if Trump wins the election. Or if the nomiee is confirmed before Jan 20th
4) 1 month av bet, cannot overlap with punishment as bet from Fantasy football if one of us loses
5) 1month
6) for clarity, Hockey Bjj loses if the nominee is ever confirmed before the election. Hockey Bjj can win though if they are confirmed after the election so long as Trump wins. Kpt wins if confirmed during lame duck

Why would the nominee have to be confirmed before the election btw? It is completely sufficient to do it before the newly elected Congress convenes for the first time. Or do I have it wrong?

@HockeyBjj v. @kpt018
1. Donald Trump will have a 3rd SCOTUS nominee confirmed by the Senate
2. @kpt018- for, @HockeyBjj- against
3. Tentatively on or before 01/20/2020
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6a. If Trump wins the 2020 general election and a nominee hasn't been confirmed, the bet is null.
6b. The punishment will not overlap with the punishment for the WR fantasy football league and will be served after that one is satisfied, if necessary.

I think this captures all the scenarios:
1. Trump's nominee is confirmed before the election > @kpt018 wins (when the nominee is confirmed)
2. Trump's nominee is confirmed after the election which Trump won > Bet is null (once Trump won the election)
3. Trump's nominee is confirmed after the election which Biden won > @kpt018 wins (when the nominee is confirmed)
4. Trump's nominee isn't confirmed before or after the election which Biden won> @HockeyBjj wins (on inauguration day)
5. Trump doesn't select a nominee for Senate confirmation and loses the election> @HockeyBjj wins (on inauguration day)
6. Trump doesn't select a nominee for Senate confirmation and wins the election> Bet is null (once Trump won the election)

I think we covered all bases here. If there's any more scenarios than those six you think are practical enough that we should explore, let me know. There is the idea that the election could be undecided for a period of time but we will assume it's delay will only possibly delay when the bet is decided rather than any results (Example: SCOTUS nominee confirmed after election before it becomes clear Trump won would still count as a null bet cause we would wait for the results) If you are good with the above, please quote and give an okay.

@HockeyBjj v. @kpt018
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month
6a. If Trump wins the 2020 general election and a nominee hasn't been confirmed, the bet is null.
6b. The punishment will not overlap with the punishment for the WR fantasy football league and will be served after that one is satisfied, if necessary.

1. Trump's nominee is confirmed before the election > @kpt018 wins (when the nominee is confirmed)
2. Trump's nominee is confirmed after the election which Trump won > Bet is null (once Trump won the election)
3. Trump's nominee is confirmed after the election which Biden won > @kpt018 wins (when the nominee is confirmed)
4. Trump's nominee isn't confirmed before or after the election which Biden won> @HockeyBjj wins (on inauguration day)
5. Trump doesn't select a nominee for Senate confirmation and loses the election> @HockeyBjj wins (on inauguration day)
6. Trump doesn't select a nominee for Senate confirmation and wins the election> Bet is null (once Trump won the election)

I think we covered all bases here. If there's any more scenarios than those six you think are practical enough that we should explore, let me know. There is the idea that the election could be undecided for a period of time but we will assume it's delay will only possibly delay when the bet is decided rather than any results (Example: SCOTUS nominee confirmed after election before it becomes clear Trump won would still count as a null bet cause we would wait for the results) If you are good with the above, please quote and give an okay.
Agreed.

@HockeyBjj v. @kpt018
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Yep I agree it covers the conditions.

@HockeyBjj v. @kpt018
4. Avatar bet
5. 1 month

Yep I agree it covers the conditions.

It's official

With Diogenes about Biden serving more than two years if he wins.

I remember this one now. For officiating purposes, this wasn't put together as it's past inauguration day. At the point in time, I'm not processing any bets past this date. You should still be able to process anything that can be settled by inauguration.

@bobgeese

I want my sig back, and I want yours. I also want your avatar. I want my dignity back.

Two choices, fight me irl at a McDonald's of your choosing for it (I've been doing pilates, tread lightly)...or engage me in a test wit and cunning. I prefer the latter being a man of peace but I will leave it to you on that front.

I will go over 5 million on the pop vote for Biden to make it spicy. For the avatar. I will go straight up on the electoral college if you are actually confident Trump will win, or we can do a spread given statistically Biden seems to have the opportunity for a blow out at the same chances of Trump pulling another 2016. Show me your figurative cajones.

@bobgeese

I want my sig back, and I want yours. I also want your avatar. I want my dignity back.

Two choices, fight me irl at a McDonald's of your choosing for it (I've been doing pilates, tread lightly)...or engage me in a test wit and cunning. I prefer the latter being a man of peace but I will leave it to you on that front.

I will go over 5 million on the pop vote for Biden to make it spicy. For the avatar. I will go straight up on the electoral college if you are actually confident Trump will win, or we can do a spread given statistically Biden seems to have the opportunity for a blow out at the same chances of Trump pulling another 2016. Show me your figurative cajones.

Tis an interesting wager. I’ll ponder it.

Status
Not open for further replies.