The War Room Bet Thread V5

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 21 oleDirtyBast4rd v. HomerThompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 24 Lead v. HomerThompson

• Bet 25 waiguoren v. HomerThompson

• Bet 28 IGIT v. HomerThompson

• Bet 36 Trosky v. waiguoren

• Bet 46 Jack V Savage v. Rockapotomuss

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's close to 50/50. I might be able to be talked into taking either side of that one.

"Knowing" is going to be a little tricky to define. I can see Heretic taking the deal without defining it, and then when @Lead asks for a specific definition, him throwing out some bullshit like, "when the inauguration happens, we'll know."

"Knowing" is going to be a little tricky to define. I can see Heretic taking the deal without defining it, and then when @Lead asks for a specific definition, him throwing out some bullshit like, "when the inauguration happens, we'll know."
It might hinge on whether Biden makes a concession speech or Biden claims victory. How silly would that be? But may be the best way to define the terms.

It might hinge on whether Biden makes a concession speech or Biden claims victory. How silly would that be? But may be the best way to define the terms.

I wouldn't bet you on it now, because it's still a bit up in the air on how this will all go down, and how much of a factor mail in ballots would be. I might be more up for it in late October, when it's a little more clear.

The bet would be very simple though, as I doubt you would go on for pages thinking of 5789 possibilities/stipulations, like @Jack V Savage would, before settling.

I wouldn't bet you on it now, because it's still a bit up in the air on how this will all go down, and how much of a factor mail in ballots would be. I might be more up for it in late October, when it's a little more clear.

The bet would be very simple though, as I doubt you would go on for pages thinking of 5789 possibilities/stipulations, like @Jack V Savage would, before settling.
I'm more interested in doing it early when the confidence is low tbh.

Also agreed with MMAisGod about the debates, though it'll probably be moot.

With Diogenes about Biden serving more than two years if he wins.

Damn, is that near the end of the other thread? I vaguely remember it.

i remember the debates one and I’m worried about how to lock that down for who backed out.

@Lead I’m shit at these so edit this to clean it up or ask for clarity

1) The senate will officially confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee either before the election, or before Innaguration it Biden wins the election
2) @kpt018 for, @HockeyBjj against
3) January 20th, or sooner if Trump wins the election. Or if the nomiee is confirmed before Jan 20th
4) 1 month av bet, cannot overlap with punishment as bet from Fantasy football if one of us loses
5) 1month
6) for clarity, Hockey Bjj loses if the nominee is ever confirmed before the election. Hockey Bjj can win though if they are confirmed after the election so long as Trump wins. Kpt wins if confirmed during lame duck

1) The senate will officially confirm Trump’s Supreme Court nominee either before the election, or before Innaguration it Biden wins the election
3) January 20th, or sooner if Trump wins the election. Or if the nomiee is confirmed before Jan 20th
4) 1 month av bet, cannot overlap with punishment as bet from Fantasy football if one of us loses
5) 1month
6) for clarity, Hockey Bjj loses if the nominee is ever confirmed before the election. Hockey Bjj can win though if they are confirmed after the election so long as Trump wins. Kpt wins if confirmed during lame duck

Yea, this is really confusing. Is this mostly centered around if Trump gets a third SCOTUS justice before the end of his first term? Do we need to add the element of if Biden or Trump wins into that or can it be as simple as if his nominee confirmed before Inauguration Day?

5) 1month
This isn’t exactly right. If Trump wins it’s possible the seat is filled after Jan 20. If Trump wins there’s no winner. My view is even if he loses the seat will be filled by Republicans.

Yea, this is really confusing. Is this mostly centered around if Trump gets a third SCOTUS justice before the end of his first term? Do we need to add the element of if Biden or Trump wins into that or can it be as simple as if his nominee confirmed before Inauguration Day?
I just responded right after this. Hockey fucked it up.

If Trump wins no winner (obviously he will fill it). If Trump loses it gets filled by the time Joe is sworn in. I also win if it’s filled before the election.

I just responded right after this. Hockey fucked it up.

If Trump wins no winner (obviously he will fill it). If Trump loses it gets filled by the time Joe is sworn in. I also win if it’s filled before the election.

Yea, so it’s mostly if Trumps nominee is confirmed before Inauguration Day, you win. Right? Does the election result matter?

Yea, so it’s mostly if Trumps nominee is confirmed before Inauguration Day, you win. Right? Does the election result matter?
It matters to me because if he wins they could take more time to fill the seat (unlikely of gop loses seats and especially if they lose the majority). The main thing is it will be filled before the election or during a lame duck session.

It matters to me because if he wins they could take more time to fill the seat (unlikely of gop loses seats and especially if they lose the majority). The main thing is it will be filled before the election or during a lame duck session.

and @Lead sorry if I typed it wrong

Basically boils down to if the nominee gets confirmed before the election or Trump gets his nominee in a lame duck session when Biden *should* get the pick after his innaguration January 20th since he won the election @kpt018 wins because that’s dirty as fuck

If it just ends up the person who wins the election ends up getting their pick confirmed after the election, wether Biden or Trump, I win and that’s how it *should* go

Okay, so I could do that premise and just make #6 say the bet is null if Trump wins the election without his nominee being confirm. Does that cover all bases?

Status
Not open for further replies.