The War Room Bet Thread V5

Best bet(s) settled in the last bet thread (see closed bets section in post 3)

• Bet 21 oleDirtyBast4rd v. HomerThompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bet 24 Lead v. HomerThompson

• Bet 25 waiguoren v. HomerThompson

• Bet 28 IGIT v. HomerThompson

• Bet 36 Trosky v. waiguoren

• Bet 46 Jack V Savage v. Rockapotomuss

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have. It took a looooong time, but we did it.

As for future bets, I'd bet against it. Whether it's me not caring for the proposed bet, or Jackie presenting an infinite number of variables and stipulations to an agreed upon proposed bet, the odds of us ever getting anything done ever again, are very, very slim.
<mma3>

I might just have to rock a Randy Orton Av, and change my name to "The Legend Killer" when I stomp Jack's guts out in November.

I also forgot to mention bets that were settled in older thread gradually have less value as well. So staying active matters too.

My name was mentioned so I guess I will visit this.

I've been waiting for this kind of robust discussion.

Duck what? I've given my reasons why it would be a clusterfuck with anyone, let alone you. You're just desperately trying to save face, over some irrelevant bet that was never agreed to(since it's dumb), because you know what's coming in November, because you're realizing you were overconfident when you finally(I offered you the bet several times before the pandemic, but you claimed Sherdog bets were worthless) decided to put your precious sig on the line.

Explain how asking if one number has risen more than another is too complicated for you to understand? Are you claiming to be retarded?

Which of these numbers is bigger?

1. 4
2. 8

If you can solve that, how can you not solve the proposed bet?

Explain how asking if one number has risen more than another is too complicated for you to understand? Are you claiming to be retarded?

Don't play dumb, Jackie. You and I both know that there would be disputes as to which polls were trustworthy, and an aggregate would never be agreed upon. If it went either of our ways, there would be complications.

Still waiting for you to provide any posts where I refused to take our other bet. Are you just about ready to give that up, and admit you lied, or what? I mean, you're trying your best to avoid it.

Don't play dumb, Jackie. You and I both know that there would be disputes as to which polls were trustworthy, and an aggregate would never be agreed upon. If it went either of our ways, there would be complications.

Still waiting for you to provide any posts where I refused to take our other bet. Are you just about ready to give that up, and admit you lied, or what? I mean, you're trying your best to avoid it.

We could use the RCP or 538 averages. It's not complicated. You can just say that you know that Trump is going to look bad, you know. You don't have to tell such a transparent lie to avoid a bet.

You'll keep on waiting because we both know you were ducking for a long time while saying you weren't but it's not worth it to me to dig through everything (unless you want to make it interesting?).

We could use the RCP or 538 averages. It's not complicated. You can just say that you know that Trump is going to look bad, you know. You don't have to tell such a transparent lie to avoid a bet.

You'll keep on waiting because we both know you were ducking for a long time while saying you weren't but it's not worth it to me to dig through everything (unless you want to make it interesting?).

Jackie, give it up. I know you're desperate to try and get me into another bet, because you're getting extremely nervous about the other bet we made, but it's not gonna happen. There will no more bets with you, Jackie. You will not have a potential equalizer when you lose the bet we agreed to. Give it up. Your desperation is quite transparent.

And no, Jackie, I ducked nothing with our bet. The posts are easy to bring up. You accused me of it. I asked you to prove it. You've refused three times now, because you lied. It's that simple, Jackie, and no amount of your typical word salad will change that fact. You're just very flustered right now, because the bet we agreed to that you thought was such a sure thing, ain't such a sure thing anymore, and you're getting scared, so you're lashing out.

See you in November, Jackie. <{1-12}>

Jackie, give it up. I know you're desperate to try and get me into another bet, because you're getting extremely nervous about the other bet we made, but it's not gonna happen. There will no more bets with you, Jackie. You will not have a potential equalizer when you lose the bet we agreed to. Give it up. Your desperation is quite transparent.

Like I said, I'll take it from anyone, but you're still pretending to think that Trump's not a moron, right? I'd be happy if you stated for the record that you didn't have any confidence in him and that's why you don't want to bet. But it's funny to me that you're pretending not to be able to understand an incredibly simple bet.

"Will Biden's lead be higher or lower after the first debate?" or "Will polls about who won the debate show Biden or Trump winning?"
"Derr, I can't understand that. Isn't there something a simpler?"

And no, Jackie, I ducked nothing with our bet. The posts are easy to bring up.

Of course you did. That's why it was taking so long (and I notice your refusal to bet on it). Don't play dumb.

Of course you did. That's why it was taking so long (and I notice your refusal to bet on it). Don't play dumb.

Was that when I was tagging @Lead to get it done, and you were refusing to sign off, because you were concerned about what would happen if Trump became a dictator? Was that when I was "ducking"?

You're fucking pathetic.

Was that when I was tagging @Lead to get it done, and you were refusing to sign off, because you were concerned about what would happen if Trump became a dictator? Was that when I was "ducking"?

You're fucking pathetic.

Er, you were refusing to sign off, friend.

Can't really call anyone else pathetic when you're the one pretending not to be able to understand the concept of "higher than" just to avoid either taking a bet or admitting that you don't disagree with the fellow offering it.

Er, you were refusing to sign off, friend.

Oh' yeah, look at this reluctance:

So, umm, are we good @Jack V Savage, or what?

I don't want you getting cold feet, once those polls start tightening. I don't think there's much to debate here. Let's do it.

There's no reason to make this so complex. Why is this always such an ordeal with you? Let's just stick with whoever wins, okay? I'm not gonna be scrambling for excuses if Trump starts talking shit if he loses. Just agree to the bet, or I'm out. I'm not doing this runaround for ten pages.

Two month sig bet on the winner. It's as simplistic a bet as it gets. Are you in or out?

Just draw it up, already. This isn't complicated, and we can muse all day about a billion little things that might or might not go down. It's a bet on who wins the Presidency. Whoever wins it, whenever the results are official, wins the bet. There's the bet.

God, I miss the days of just betting people on the fly in threads, and we just agreed on the basics. This is ridiculous.

I'm not complicating shit. If Biden wins, you win. If Trump wins, I win. I've already said the only thing that could delay things, is an official challenge that is recognized and granted, and not Trump just talking shit. If that happens, we just fucking wait it out, and see who officially wins.

Are you in or out?

I am betting on the result. If Trump somehow pulls off some coop you're seriously afraid of, and remains President even if he lost the election, you win. Okay? Can we get the fuck on with it, already?

I've already got a bet with someone else on this, and it was not this complicated, so I'll just ask one more time. Are you in or out? If you can't give me a simple yes or no, then fuck it. I'm not doing this bullshit any longer with you.

Yes, once the official final results are in, that's it. I'm in.

@Lead, write it up.

What in the ever living fuck are you talking about?

Electoral College winner decides the bet. End of story.

LOL, wut? That's exactly what I've agreed to multiple times already. Are you losing your mind? What "out" am I giving myself, if I've already agreed to that general outline? You're the one worried about fantastical coops n' shit getting in the way. All I've done throughout, is put your mind at ease that I'm not gonna pull any bullshit if I lose. You can ask anyone who has bet me. I'm not one to pull any shenanigans, and will accept the result.

This is it, though. If you don't want to bet, then don't. I'm not doing this routine any longer over such a simple bet over who wins the election. The terms are there, and I've gone so far as to address your ridiculous "Trump becomes dictator and throws election results in the garbage" concerns. The bet should be good to go. I'm done discussing this. Sign off on what @Lead draws up, or don't.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it. It's a simple bet. If some fuckery happens, we'll deal with it and I'm not gonna be a bitch about anything. Write it up. Trump wins, I win. Biden wins, Jack wins. Enough of this shit.

What is so hard about this? Why are we still debating this? If there is some unprecedented event where they don't know who won, we'll deal with it.

I don't know how many more concessions I can make to get you to sign off on this incredibly simple bet. Are we good, or what?

Okay, @Jack V Savage. It's up. You gonna sign off, or what?

BUt yOU weRE DucKINg!!!

Lying sack of shit.

Oh' yeah, look at this reluctance:

BUt yOU weRE DucKINg!!!

Lying sack of shit.

Yeah, your game was to continually insist that you were open and then add conditions that disrupted it. I was offering a bet on the election, and you kept inserting bullshit about waiting for the "official results" in January. Note how you only quote yourself.

Also, are you ready to admit that "Biden's lead will be higher on X date than on Y date" is actually an incredibly simple bet, and that you were only pretending to think it was vague because you didn't want to either admit that you think Trump will fall on his face in the debate or bet that he won't?

Yeah, your game was to continually insist that you were open and then add conditions that disrupted it. I was offering a bet on the election, and you kept inserting bullshit about waiting for the "official results" in January. Note how you only quote yourself.

OMG, my stipulation was that...we wait for official results. LOL. You're also predictably trying to twist that into me ducking, when the only reason it even needed to be said, was because you kept on bringing up "what if's" while refusing to sign off, and that was me giving a final solution to your many concerns over such a simple bet. I was saying if worse came to worse, and the results are delayed for a ridiculous amount of time, we settle it on who is declared the winner in January. That's when you got all worried about Trump becoming dictator and remaining President, to which I had to put those ridiculous fears to rest, and say if that were to happen, I would concede.

Keep flailing. You lied. My posts are right there. Point to the ducking. You can't, because you were lying.

I'm really starting to think that you aren't just merely trolling, and that you seriously have some kind of narcissistic complex, which causes you to be a pathological liar.

OMG, my stipulation was that...we wait for official results. LOL. You're also predictably trying to twist that into me ducking, when the only reason it even needed to be said, was because you kept on bringing up "what if's" while refusing to sign off, and that was me giving a final solution to your many concerns over such a simple bet. I was saying if worse came to worse, and the results are delayed for a ridiculous amount of time, we settle it on who is declared the winner in January. That's when you got all worried about Trump becoming dictator and remaining President, to which I had to put those ridiculous fears to rest, and say if that were to happen, I would concede.

So you had excuses for your ducking. I realize that. Doesn't change the fact.

Keep flailing. You lied. My posts are right there. Point to the ducking. You can't, because you were lying.

Your posts and there, and my posts are in the original, and no, I am telling the truth. You just admitted to the ducking (but tried to defend it).

I'm really starting to think that you aren't just merely trolling, and that you seriously have some kind of narcissistic complex, which causes you to be a pathological liar.

A "pathological liar" who never actually lies, and a narcissist who is more humble and deferential to objective reality than you are. OK. BTW, are you still pretending that a "greater than/less than" bet is too vague for you to understand? I noticed you forgot to comment on that.

Your posts and there, and my posts are in the original, and no, I am telling the truth. You just admitted to the ducking (but tried to defend it).

Yeah, you're lying again. I didn't duck anything. I had already agreed to the terms(multiple times) that you finally signed off on, before any of that. I was accommodating your ridiculous fears. I agreed from the very outset on the bet. Everything after that, was me struggling to figure out what you and Lead thought was so complicated about a simple bet on who wins the Presidency, and trying to accommodate all of the nonsense you were thinking up.

Here's how the bet should've gone:

If Trump wins, I win. If Biden wins, you win. Are we good?

Me: Yep
You: Yep

Done.

It didn't go that way of course, because well, you're you, and you had to desperately complicate matters looking for an angle. You found none of course, and eventually just settled on the bet, which should've been okay'd from the very start, but again, you're you...

Yeah, you're lying again. I didn't duck anything. I had already agreed to the terms(multiple times) that you finally signed off on, before any of that.

You would say that you agreed to the terms, and then you'd throw out a lot of bullshit to avoid actually solidifying it.

Here's how the bet should've gone:

If Trump wins, I win. If Biden wins, you win. Are we good?

Me: Yep
You: Yep

Done.

I agree. And that's what I was eventually able to get you to agree to.

It didn't go that way of course, because well, you're you, and you had to desperately complicate matters looking for an angle. You found none of course, and eventually just settled on the bet, which should've been okay'd from the very start, but again, you're you...

No, it didn't go that way because you kept throwing out bullshit obstacles.

Anyway, you seem to have missed this: "BTW, are you still pretending that a "greater than/less than" bet is too vague for you to understand? I noticed you forgot to comment on that."

You would say that you agreed to the terms, and then you'd throw out a lot of bullshit to avoid actually solidifying it.

Again, is that why I was tagging Lead to get it done from the very start, and you never once signed off until the very end, when you were all out of bullshit? I asked you how many times if you were good to go? LOL.

Nice logic there, Jackie. You can't help yourself though. You've got a complex, and are addicted to lying. I'm not mad at you, though. I just feel sorry for you, and hope that one day you get the help you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.