The Wand fiasco the worst defangment of a fighter since Leonard-Duran II

Go argue with a dictionary. You knew what it meant so blather in some other direction.

No, I didn't know what it meant, that's why I asked stupid. I'm sorry that you don't have the mental capacity to properly use the english language so you must make words up. Now don't forget your helmet and drool cup and go chase a butterfly.

No, I didn't know what it meant, that's why I asked stupid. I'm sorry that you don't have the mental capacity to properly use the english language so you must make words up. Now don't forget your helmet and drool cup and go chase a butterfly.

Pfft. Check yourself. I didn't invent it, didn't use it here first.
Regardless of whether it's an actual word, it was obvious what it meant. If it wasn't obvious to you that says plenty enough about your intellect so quit crying.

Pfft. Check yourself. I didn't invent it, didn't use it here first.
Regardless of whether it's an actual word, it was obvious what it meant. If it wasn't obvious to you that says plenty enough about your intellect so quit crying.

oooooo! I better "check" myself!!!I sure don't want you after me, do I tough guy? Hey, I'll make up a word! It's gueirmunat. Wanna guess what it means? I'll give you a hint it involves you and it rhymes with duckfard.....Hey! Look at that! Another made up word! You're right, this is fun!

You have a link for him never applying for a license? I haven't read that yet.

Go to mmafighting.com. The commissioner says wand had "ample time" to apply for a license and never did. I'm on my phone.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Defangment is a perfectly cromulent word.

I think it's hilarious because of how cringeworthy Wandy was trying to "promote" (if you can even call it that) this fight.

No. That is the definition of defang. The state of being defanged is merely defanged, not defangment. The verb is defanging. Defangment isn't a word.

i used to say stuff like this to people all the time when i first came across dictionary.com many years ago.

anyway, wandy had better beat whoever he fights next, or people will call him out even more.

This is a big 'meh' in my opinion. So Wanderlei isn't gonna fight? Darn. There was a solid chance this would turn into a three round Sonnen grindfest.

Now we get a fight that is a bit more relevant. At least with a win, Vitor will keep his spot in line for a middleweight title shot.

Probably still going to be a Sonnen grindfest. Two guys who are now running low on testosterone. One relies on explosiveness, the other on maintaining good consistent pressure. I'm putting my money on the latter.

No. That is the definition of defang. The state of being defanged is merely defanged, not defangment. The verb is defanging. Defangment isn't a word.

Defangment of threadstarter's verbiage right here.
Oops.

This does not look good on Silva's part. Especially after all of the histrionics that fueled the idea of the matchup and even after it was promised to both fighters. Only the hardest cases of Wand fans can search for ways to deflect blame.

Last edited:

1114893-tommy_lee_jones.jpg

The word is and will always be "defanging". "The Wand fiasco the worst defanging of a fighter since Leonard-Duran II".

Also, Ray Leonard described his first fight with Duran as "brutal beyond reality".
ducked harder than overeem did to jds =)
It's not ducking when you're injured and pose a horrible style match-up for the other guy.

Why do so many need to stray off topic??

Threads about Wanderlei being taken off the fight and the repercussions for his actions.

-not about how you thought Chael would have blanketed him
-not about Vitor vs Chael
-not about Chael testosterone ban

Why do you feel Wandy felt the need to cheat? Hmm.

Brazillians tend to equate good takedown defense with physical strength because they know they won't learn enough techniques to deal with fighters who have been wrestling since childhood?

Brazillians tend to equate good takedown defense with physical strength because they know they won't learn enough techniques to deal with fighters who have been wrestling since childhood?
How do you know this?

Furthermore, simply pushing an opponent's head outside of your body is a very effective method of defending any takedown. The challenge with that lies in timing their shot such that your frame (forearm bone) is already digging into their face/temple before they even get in on your hips. If you block their head then they aren't getting shit and you can pull your hips away pretty easily, cause where the head goes, the body follows.

In that regard, I would venture to say that head control, sprawling, and strong lateral movement would serve as a wholly sufficient means of takedown defense for any fighter that could be developed into elite-level takedown defense within about 6 months; takedown defense is developed much easier than takedown offense. It's like how everyone learns to slip or parry early on but doesn't necessarily translate that into deceitful, scientific Offensive Boxing.

Back