The Viral Video Star Who Trains Conor McGregor Behind the Fitness Fad That May Replace CrossFit

If you wanna learn movement go train yoga or dancing. Still better than giving your money to this phuckhead

Can't wait for my office to include afterwork touch butt sessions in our employee benefits.

I’d have to look deeper into things to completely understand this and give a good opinion. I admitted I didn’t know much in my first post. But the guy comes across as fishy. It’d be silly to ignore that.

What has his scooby doo bullshit actually accomplished? Conor was already a world class martial artist before they worked together.

Not everything deserves the respect of being looked into. There are thousands of Ido’s out there and it’s up to Ido to prove his bullshit actually does anything.

sounds like you miss a lot of interesting truths In the world with an unfortunate mentality like that.

I believe In skepticism but I also believe In actually knowing what I'm talking about before having a strong opinion or writing something off entirely.

At the end of the day he's just a movement. The key to movement Is things like posterior chain strength, excellent posture, functional stretches like 3rd world squats, training your feet, hips, muscular balance. In traditional circles many of these things are 2nd priority when It should be the base.

In the grand scheme I don't think anything he's teaching Is revolutionary or groundbreaking, although he's certainly has a very Interesting take on the full spectrum of what human movement Is. These are far from new concepts though.

Often times there is a degree of marketing and things can develop a sort of cult like following, at the end of the day..like I said, having some ability to read between the lines Is quite useful In a world where there IS a lot of bullshit out there.

Portal is definitely an Interesting human and most of what he teaches Is legit. A degree of skepticism Is always necessary but at the end of the day, if you're not properly educated on a subject, you shouldn't have an opinion. Having a strong one, just makes you look silly.

The problem with this Portal stuff is that it really isn't combat specific. It looks like a lot of calisthetics plus some theatrical capoeira-style flourishes, none of which will do you any good if it starts bleeding into your combat form and footwork.

I find it especially worrisome when I see Conor and Portal making these wasteful movements during their pseudo-sparring sessions. Some of it is bound to turn into bad habits that compromise your defense, put unnecessary strain on your muscles, etc.

A guy like Conor, who seems to hit a wall 8 minutes into every fight, should focus on eliminating garbage neo-movement from his form. It can't be helping his cardio, and it sure as hell isn't effective.

See how efficient Loma looks when he spars with TJ - he will accelerate, switch stances or angle off when needed, but is mostly stepping calmly around the ring using basic footwork. TJ meanwhile is constantly neo-dancing, to absolutely zero effect.
I don't think they've shown much honestly, what they have shown In their training together..I wouldn't take too seriously.

Maybe. Just going by the clips I see.
a lot of what he teaches Is like..posture training. Posterior chain training, functional movements, 3rd world squats, certain stretches, a bit of bioenergetics type exercises thrown In there. All pretty crucial when It comes to movement. Definitely not ground breaking, this sort of stuff has been taught forever. He definitely teaches a few out there things but I'd say he's an overall interesting dude with a good take on human movement.

Wouldn't take any clips they've shown too seriously though, Ido portal is worth keeping an open mind about. A lot of what he teaches would be tremendously helpful to athletes and fighters who tend to be more traditional or basic In their approach to training

"I am not impressed"
-Edmond
edmond-tarverdyan.jpg

Worlds most punchable face. He looks like he's about 90 years old

Gayest shit ever. Any time I see a dude walking with a yoga mat (did this morning) I wanna slap him.

Wait Ido Portal is 48 years old? Damn thought he was like 30.

I doubt he is 48 tbh, and he himself said he doesn't want to say his age, and that every person who asks him his age " Will get the BS answer " ( because age is meaningless, in the head etc... )

He probably threw some random number at the interviewer to promote his brand and the guy took it for cash

That shit is lame. Movnat is where it’s at.

a lot of what he teaches Is like..posture training. Posterior chain training, functional movements, 3rd world squats, certain stretches, a bit of bioenergetics type exercises thrown In there. All pretty crucial when It comes to movement. Definitely not ground breaking, this sort of stuff has been taught forever. He definitely teaches a few out there things but I'd say he's an overall interesting dude with a good take on human movement.

Wouldn't take any clips they've shown too seriously though, Ido portal is worth keeping an open mind about. A lot of what he teaches would be tremendously helpful to athletes and fighters who tend to be more traditional or basic In their approach to training

Typical guru though, rebranding things that have been there forever like he discovered the wheel.
I agree on the fact that he has a good take on human movement, and there are certainly things to be taken away from his " teachings/precepts" for athletes.

Back