The Viral Video Star Who Trains Conor McGregor Behind the Fitness Fad That May Replace CrossFit

This is for the most part snake oil bullshit propelled to the mainstream by one celebrity athletes momentary interest in it.

It’s a unique way of thinking about how athletes move but that doesn’t mean it’s practical or even effective. Even if it was it isn’t necessary to blow it up into this phenomenon.

I don’t really know much about it other than the goofy shit I see. Conor walking around like a gorilla and moving around pretentiously like he’s Neo learning how to use the matrix.

Like seriously, what the fuck is the idea behind it? Move nicer? More effectively? Well duh, that’s what litteraly everyone who does anything tries to do with their skill set. Boxers, Olympic lifters, guitar players etc all work on and perfect their form.

Observe how animals move? Cool, athletes have been doing that. Roy Jones and Kobe have both talked about it.

But that’s more like a small cue than a revolution in training philosophy. Like walking around like a gorilla is really going to help your jab.

On top of it all Ido Portal comes across as a bullshitter. He has all the familiar symptoms. Pretensious, weird wannabe philosophical and wise personality, stupid hair cut, being called a guru.

The guy gives off depock chopra and yoga instructor who fucks people’s wives vibes.

Reminds of when overeem was training with "the real iceman"

"A new fad that replaces Crossfit" = another scam

Whatever it is, I hope that it flushes the crossfit assholes out of my gym sooner rather than later.

Nothing worse than trying to work out when some idiot is occupying five different pieces of equipment at the same time for some kind of spastic full-body superset.

God I hate snakeoil demagogues. Ido is mediocre in everything but master of none. He incorporates bboy freezes, some kong fu ground flow, elementary gymnastics and jump tricks. That is all he is, teaching those at their basic level hiding behind fancy words.

It is a jew fooling silly goyim. Literally.

Back