The Viral Video Star Who Trains Conor McGregor Behind the Fitness Fad That May Replace CrossFit

Sad I read that full article with no mention of its true name of touch butt

This is for the most part snake oil bullshit propelled to the mainstream by one celebrity athletes momentary interest in it.

It’s a unique way of thinking about how athletes move but that doesn’t mean it’s practical or even effective. Even if it was it isn’t necessary to blow it up into this phenomenon.

I don’t really know much about it other than the goofy shit I see. Conor walking around like a gorilla and moving around pretentiously like he’s Neo learning how to use the matrix.

Like seriously, what the fuck is the idea behind it? Move nicer? More effectively? Well duh, that’s what litteraly everyone who does anything tries to do with their skill set. Boxers, Olympic lifters, guitar players etc all work on and perfect their form.

Observe how animals move? Cool, athletes have been doing that. Roy Jones and Kobe have both talked about it.

But that’s more like a small cue than a revolution in training philosophy. Like walking around like a gorilla is really going to help your jab.

On top of it all Ido Portal comes across as a bullshitter. He has all the familiar symptoms. Pretensious, weird wannabe philosophical and wise personality, stupid hair cut, being called a guru.

The guy gives off depock chopra and yoga instructor who fucks people’s wives vibes.
all the dude stresses is like posterior chain movements, functional movements, posture training, feet training, 3rd world squats and a bunch of other shit.

Most of what he teaches is pretty proven. A few things might be out there, but the reality Is that he knows his shit.

Have you seen him move? The guy Is a fucking gorilla

The reality Is you already had your mind made up before you even looked Into his shit, If you even did. Hard to really discern what It's about from that angle.

is Ido still relevant?? that butt touch didn't help against nate and Floyd.

Ido portal is a smoke seller.

all the dude stresses is like posterior chain movements, functional movements, posture training, feet training, 3rd world squats and a bunch of other shit.

Most of what he teaches is pretty proven. A few things might be out there, but the reality Is that he knows his shit.

Have you seen him move? The guy Is a fucking gorilla

The reality Is you already had your mind made up before you even looked Into his shit, If you even did. Hard to really discern what It's about from that angle.

If that’s all he stresses then why the fuck is it being branded like it’s such a big deal?

He’s a gorilla at what? Walking like a gorilla? What a high level and competitive skill set.

The reality is people are more interested in making money than anything else and will come up with bullshit like this to get that money.

You need to be more cynical. Bullshitters count on people giving them the benefit of the doubt.

If that’s all he stresses then why the fuck is it being branded like it’s such a big deal?

He’s a gorilla at what? Walking like a gorilla? What a high level and competitive skill set.

The reality is people are more interested in making money than anything else and will come up with bullshit like this to get that money.

You need to be more cynical. Bullshitters count on people giving them the benefit of the doubt.
You also need to actually look deeper into things before instantly labelling them as bullshit

its about balance

What you're doing Is what a fool does

On some level you need the ability to read between the lines, which many do not have It seems.

Last edited:
Conor should definitely get a cut for bringing this nobody into the spotlight

Half naked hipster approaches you in the park -

"bro what kind of muscles do you have?"
"Yo do you invert or crawl?"

Why did I even open this thread?

You also need to actually look deeper into things before instantly labelling them as bullshit

its about balance

What you're doing Is what a fool does

On some level you need the ability to read between the lines, which many do not have It seems.

I’d have to look deeper into things to completely understand this and give a good opinion. I admitted I didn’t know much in my first post. But the guy comes across as fishy. It’d be silly to ignore that.

What has his scooby doo bullshit actually accomplished? Conor was already a world class martial artist before they worked together.

Not everything deserves the respect of being looked into. There are thousands of Ido’s out there and it’s up to Ido to prove his bullshit actually does anything.

Real athletes already have specialized coaches targeting the needs of their sport.

Prob can't hurt for D/F level MMA guys though. Except they can't afford Ido on Reebok $$$.

Just look into it.

BlandFlawedGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif

The problem with this Portal stuff is that it really isn't combat specific. It looks like a lot of calisthetics plus some theatrical capoeira-style flourishes, none of which will do you any good if it starts bleeding into your combat form and footwork.

I find it especially worrisome when I see Conor and Portal making these wasteful movements during their pseudo-sparring sessions. Some of it is bound to turn into bad habits that compromise your defense, put unnecessary strain on your muscles, etc.

A guy like Conor, who seems to hit a wall 8 minutes into every fight, should focus on eliminating garbage neo-movement from his form. It can't be helping his cardio, and it sure as hell isn't effective.

See how efficient Loma looks when he spars with TJ - he will accelerate, switch stances or angle off when needed, but is mostly stepping calmly around the ring using basic footwork. TJ meanwhile is constantly neo-dancing, to absolutely zero effect.

Back