Crime The violence recently directed at Asian Americans

Going to be honest here. You don't see shit about asian gangsters committing crimes. (not implying it's not happening obviously). It's definitely not comparable.

there are some prominent Vietnamese ones here in Seattle.

the "Young Boys" being one of the more notorious ones.

How am I drawing from several different pots? I am consistently using the AALDEF, which even the sacred NPR commented on, that they are more accurate than Edison Research.
You referenced the AALDEF, and used their numbers. Then you referenced NBC exit polls, and used their numbers.

Check your first post.

Not to mention you are using HISPANIC AND ASIAN to represent ASIAN.

I'm not sure why you're saying this, I'm absolutely not referencing any combined numbers from Asians and Hispanics.

Again, you posted an article from Forbes, which cited Roper, which had cited CNN, which had cited Edison Research... lol, talk about drawing from several pots. Hell, in 2012, roper uses data from only FOUR states, again based on Edison Research, and you complain about the number of states used??

That is not several pots, that is Edison Research. Having other people reference Edison Research does not change the source.

Here is Roper in 2020 https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2020

They cite CBS, and CBS does not even cite their source lol.

2012 https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2012

-Final exit poll results from interviews of randomly selected voters as they exited voting places across the country on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin polls included telephone interviews with early voters. The poll was conducted by Edison Media Research for the National Election Pool, the Washington Post and other media organizations. Typical characteristics have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus four percentage points. “Don’t know” and “other” responses not included.

Hell this one is only 4 states, LOL. And you talk about being consistent? Yikes.... <_<

2008 - https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2008

Notes: Survey by Edison Media Research/Mitofsky International for the National Election Pool (ABC News, Associated Press, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, NBC News). Sample of 18,018 voters consisted of 15,640 voters as they left the voting booths on Election Day November 4, 2008 and a telephone absentee/early voters survey of 2,378 respondents conducted October 24-November 2, 2008. “Don’t know” and “other” responses not included.

Again, Edison Research, which only uses English and Spanish, and NPR already commented on being less accurate.

edit: this is the problem with these "fact checkers" like on Forbes. They draw from so many pots and are not consistent.

The difference in polling from year to the next is the only thing you've highlighted here, which is noted. Polling should be somewhat similar from year to year, in order to compare. Going from 15,000 down to 5,000, or changing states in which the polling occurs does not inspire confidence. That goes for any polling organization.

But in the end, what is highlighted here again is that Trump did poorly. How poorly depends on the polling, but every poll shows that he did bad. We're discussing various degrees of bad. Was it super terrible? Just very terrible? Take your pick.

But like I said, this attitude can continue and I'm fine with it. If the Republican party wants to hang their hat on getting beaten very, very badly among Asians and Hispanics just because it could have been even worse, that does not seem like a winning strategy.

How do you know they are into crime and drugs at the same rates? As a person whose been around many types of people, Asians were way less likely to be into that kind of stuff. And statistics show that, both in their respective countries and in the West.

another explanation for lower crime rates by Asians is a focus and valuing of family values...respect for elders, especially our parents and grandparents...there's a great deal of shame (losing face) when you're the fuck up or black sheep of the family.

The attacks are perpetrated by people in Liberal Dem areas by those who predominantly vote Dem.

"I blame leadership on the Right!"

Wow. What a well-researched and wholly logical conclusion! How about we take politics out of it, blame the criminal, and try to correct the actual problem instead of "blamestorming"?

Asians are DEEEP into organized crime, drugs, gangs
Just go to any major city that has a big Asian population
In western Canada they are 2nd to the Bikers
You don’t hear about them much because they are very organized and run like a business. Very low key underground.
My two main Asian friends as a youth both ended up dead before 30 from gang shit. Gang shit effects all races and people. Right now in western Canada it’s all South aisian Indian guys killing each other and selling Fent out there. If I tell that to some guys in Cali they would think I’m crazy!

The attacks are perpetrated by people in Liberal Dem areas by those who predominantly vote Dem.

"I blame leadership on the Right!"

Wow. What a well-researched and wholly logical conclusion! How about we take politics out of it, blame the criminal, and try to correct the actual problem instead of "blamestorming"?
It was much preferable when the Right Wing leadership limited the attacks to racial rhetoric.

Do you ever tell your wife's family that they need to fix their culture so we no longer get pandemics like the Kung Flu the same way you tell black people here to fix their culture to prevent them from becoming criminals?

Why would he do that when the lab origin of the virus is still in play?

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1389136?seq=1
"Korean merchants in Los Angeles County have not encountered the same hostility from Hispanic communities as they have from black neighborhoods. We reviewed the racial, social-psychological, and materialist explanations for intergroup antagonism. While these theories do help to predict Korean-black tension, they do not explain why such hostility has not occurred in similarly deprived but Hispanic-dominated communities. To explain this anomaly, we propose the "immigrant hypothesis" which calls attention to the high percentage of foreign-born among Korean and Hispanic populations. We argue that racial antagonism is strongest between Korean merchants and black merchants and customers, and mildest between Korean merchants and Hispanic groups."
Reminds me of this, only this just happened in Houston

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...tack/285-2b7f9185-ca64-48d2-a1ef-b6f78721266a

Jung Kim owns Uptown Beauty Supply on Kuykendahl. She said on March 17, five women came into the store and knocked over some wigs. Kim asked them to stop playing around, and on their way out of the store, her son said he heard one of the women say, "Asian people shouldn't be in the Black market."

Less than a minute later, the women returned and that's when punches started flying and Kim was knocked to the ground. The beating is difficult to watch. Kim said she was punched in the nose why the women were calling her "Asian" and "Chinese."

And yet investigators are not calling the incident racially motivated at the time. Lmao

I don't know the rates specifically. But there are more Asian criminals and gangsters and druggies than most people realize. Asians just have the good fortune of the model minority stereotype so people end up thinking there are no seedy elements to Asians in America.

Now as for the violence against Asians, it is annoying that the victims are always old Asian ladies. Just once I would like to see the attackers make the mistake of attacking one of the hundreds of thousands of Asian criminals or gangsters.

I can’t even with this post? Asian Gangsters? Where? In fucking SoCal? You mean the rich kids who whip around GTRs, talk Black and carry a pistol? Those aren’t gangsters, those are rich kids masquerading. There are no Asian American gangsters, just pretenders pretending.

I can’t even with this post? Asian Gangsters? Where? In fucking SoCal? You mean the rich kids who whip around GTRs, talk Black and carry a pistol? Those aren’t gangsters, those are rich kids masquerading. There are no Asian American gangsters, just pretenders pretending.

You obviously live in a bubble and think all asians must be crazy rich.

We just had a White Man murder 6 Asian women in cold blood.

2 Latinos were just arrested for assaulting elderly Asians and the alt-Right posters on here still think the violence is a fuckin contest between blacks and whites

Yeah It’s a mystery who commits the most homocides. A total mystery and no patterns of these killings for decades.

it’s just everyone equally killing each other disproportionately. It’s not a certain race and age group.

it’s man woman and child of all races. Equally shooting each other.

Asians are DEEEP into organized crime, drugs, gangs
Just go to any major city that has a big Asian population
In western Canada they are 2nd to the Bikers
You don’t hear about them much because they are very organized and run like a business. Very low key underground.
My two main Asian friends as a youth both ended up dead before 30 from gang shit. Gang shit effects all races and people. Right now in western Canada it’s all South aisian Indian guys killing each other and selling Fent out there. If I tell that to some guys in Cali they would think I’m crazy!

Well then. Not the US but I hear you

Why are ppl so adamant in their ignorance? There is no shortage of Asian criminal syndicates in the West. From Chinese tongs whom are more low profile and mafia-like in their activities to SE Asian (Cambodian, Laotian etc) street gangs who tend be just as brazen and decentralized as your typical black or Hispanic street gang.

You obviously live in a bubble and think all asians must be crazy rich.

NYC area. Only the Asian kids in school had new cars at 17. We have a MASSIVE Asian population in this area. Korean and Filipino particularly.

Immigrants might be poor but their kids sure as shit aren’t.

Why are ppl so adamant in their ignorance? There is no shortage of Asian criminal syndicates in the West. From Chinese tongs whom are more low profile and mafia-like in their activities to SE Asian (Cambodian, Laotian etc) street gangs who tend be just as brazen and decentralized as your typical black or Hispanic street gang.

Where tho? I’m in a gang-friendly place and have never heard of Asian gangs that weren’t just cliques of rich kids and their questionably hot girlfriends

NYC area. Only the Asian kids in school had new cars at 17. We have a MASSIVE Asian population in this area. Korean and Filipino particularly.

Immigrants might be poor but their kids sure as shit aren’t.
Where tho? I’m in a gang-friendly place and have never heard of Asian gangs that weren’t just cliques of rich kids and their questionably hot girlfriends

Asian gangs in the Northeast, particularly in NYC are relegated to Chinatown districts, where their activities are hidden from most residents. Tongs also operate in Cali Chinatowns however Cali boasts a noticeable SE Asian street gang presence, notably in areas like Long Beach. Even in the Midwest (Minnesota), Asian gangs are known to have a presence; ethnic Hmongs etc.

Back