1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Crime The violence recently directed at Asian Americans

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lord Coke, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Bia Blue Belt

he said No?

2. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

That's what the media thinks.. races are reported over and over if it's a white person

3. bobgeese Steel Belt

That might be a good attempt at a post if it wasn't for the fact that this is a decades-old problem that the left keeps blaming on "stuff". Check out the dates on these articles. Overflowing with excuses, they just hadn't figured out how to blame white people yet.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Black-attacks-on-Asians-racism-or-opportunity-3265893.php
    https://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/us/02sfcrime.html

4. BreakinTheLaw Yellow Belt

People seeing the stats play out in video form is uplifting

Facts don’t care about feelings or wokeness.

Those 6 women don’t even register compared to the “other” side’s statistics regarding this issue

5. Paradigm Gold Belt

According to the FBI, hate crime offenders in general are disproportionately black in relation to their population size. It's not hard to see why people are drawing a conclusion that a lot of black people are attacking Asians, especially in light of all the video footage (anecdotal evidence or not).

Whites are not carrying their weight when it comes to hate crimes...especially when you factor in that Hispanics are lumped into the white category.

"Race

In 2019, race was reported for 6,406 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

• 52.5 percent were White.
    • 23.9 percent were Black or African American.
    • 6.6 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
    • 1.1 percent were American Indian or Alaska Native.
    • 0.9 percent (58 offenders) were Asian.
    • 0.3 percent (22 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
    • 14.6 percent were unknown."
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2019/topic-pages/offenders

<Deported1>

Kandyland and Scerpi like this.
  6. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

do you have sources for this? Everything I see is that Trump increased his Asian American vote in 2020, some even suggest he doubled it. Despite Trump being anti-China.

"At a glance, Biden won the vote of the Asian American community in a landslide, capturing 63% of their vote. But this obscures a troubling fact; where 17% of Asian Americans voted for Trump in 2016, a staggering 31% voted for Trump in 2020. This is a scary and seismic shift — and it has gone largely unnoticed."

https://christinemiao.medium.com/why-too-many-chinese-americans-voted-for-trump-c38151b6062a

And further, which seems to indicate this was an overall trend started by establishment republicans, rather than Trumpism. If anything, these numbers indicate the democrats are losing their Asian American vote in 2020, after a few decades of gaining the vote. Seems like he is doing something right.

2004: Asian Americans favored Senator John Kerry over President George W. Bush, 74% to 24%

https://www.aaldef.org/press-release/new-report-reveals-asian-american-voting-trends-in/

2008: Over three-quarters (76%) of Asian Americans polled voted for Barack Obama for President, with 23% supporting John McCain.

https://www.aaldef.org/press-releas...ons-shows-widespread-support-for-obama-and-g/

2012: In the Presidential Election, three-quarters (77%) of Asian Americans polled voted for Barack Obama for President and 21% voted for Mitt Romney.

https://www.aaldef.org/press-releas...dely-by-ethnic-group-and-geographic-location/

2016: Four out of five (79%) of Asian Americans polled voted for Hillary Clinton, 18% voted for Donald Trump

https://www.aaldef.org/press-release/new-aaldef-report-the-asian-american-vote-in-2016/

2020: The NBC News Exit Poll of early and Election Day voters indicated that 63 percent of Asian American voters across the country voted for Biden. A minority of the group voted for Trump, at 31 percent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-...ted-biden-63-31-reality-more-complex-n1247171

Asian Americans strongly favored Joe Biden over Donald Trump by a margin of 67% to 30%

https://www.aaldef.org/press-releas...merican-exit-poll-results-for-2020-elections/

Paradigm likes this.
  7. TeTe yeah, she squats Staff Member Senior Moderator

Figures the converted guy with the muslim name is a wanna be five percenter who spouts off as if hes the enlightened one. Too bad he doesn't realize how stupid he sounds.

8. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

I always assumed that was a parody account when ever I saw a tweet posted... it isnt?

Corona likes this.
  9. TeTe yeah, she squats Staff Member Senior Moderator

Fuck if I know. I will say if it is, nice work.

Corona and cottagecheesefan like this.
  10. Scerpi Red Belt

Yup... And that guy is the ONLY reason it's even being discussed right now.

Asians have been blatantly discriminated against in black neighborhoods for decades now.

And lefties NOW want to defend them? lol...

11. Terry Noonan Black Belt

How isn’t he deplatformed? He spouts similar shit as Alex Jones... crisis actors.... deep state..

Proud American likes this.
  12. SanchoMF Equally Useless

This rapper-wannabe-leader is just a race hustler, spewing his half-brained BS to his half-brained audience who gobble it up.
    He is as much troubled as he is mentally challenged.

13. uppercutbus Gold Belt

That's a good way to put it, the stats and history just don't fit their narrative that it was white supremacy all along when it wasn't lol.
    The "platform" protects their own, will just ignore it.

14. Milton_Gracie Platinum Card Banned

It’s not about lefties or righties.

What’s happening is hate crimes against Asians are being committed by Blacks, Whites and Latinos.

But the conversation in here always boils down to whites vs blacks Or in your case, lefties vs righties when it’s really about one particular group being targeted.

15. Scerpi Red Belt

Soo... why do you all of sudden care now?

16. Milton_Gracie Platinum Card Banned

What are you talking about? I’ve been trying to have this discussion about Hate crimes committed by Blacks Whites and Latinos against Asians for over a year.

Why do all of a sudden I care now? What makes you think this is “all of a sudden”?

17. Scerpi Red Belt

Let me rephrase it then... Why does the Media and the Left all of sudden care? I know the answer.

But you're crazy if you think this shit right here doesn't happen regularly... And I've heard theories about why it happens... and note the lack of race of the offender being left out...

NYPD Hate Crimes unit on manhunt after brutal attack on 65yo Asian woman in Manhattan caught on video
    https://www.rt.com/usa/519562-new-york-attack-elderly-woman/amp/

The attack was captured in graphic surveillance footage, which shows several witnesses, allegedly including at least one security guard, watching the beating but doing nothing to intervene. The suspect was allowed to walk away from the scene.

“This is a heinous attack on a 65 year old Asian lady that occurred this morning in front of 360 west 43rd street,” the NYPD’s Asian Hate Crimes Task Force said in a now-deleted tweet. “The cold hearted building security guard not only failed to render aid, he closed the door on the victim.”

Let's see this news article actually get some mainstream coverage. ?? Will it? Now maybe... but it wouldn't have seen the light of day until recently.

I saw this defense about why blacks resent Asians.... This research paper is from the fucking 80's... And it states that black neighborhoods have always been hostile to asians... Mainly due to them opening stores and being successful in their neighborhoods. Not much has changed since then... And NOW Asian "hate" is in the spotlight... lol. You trying to throw whites and hispanics into the mix is garbage... This is been an ongoing issue for decades which was routinely ignored. Forget what's happening at the Universities...

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1389136?seq=1
    "Korean merchants in Los Angeles County have not encountered the same hostility from Hispanic communities as they have from black neighborhoods. We reviewed the racial, social-psychological, and materialist explanations for intergroup antagonism. While these theories do help to predict Korean-black tension, they do not explain why such hostility has not occurred in similarly deprived but Hispanic-dominated communities. To explain this anomaly, we propose the "immigrant hypothesis" which calls attention to the high percentage of foreign-born among Korean and Hispanic populations. We argue that racial antagonism is strongest between Korean merchants and black merchants and customers, and mildest between Korean merchants and Hispanic groups."

Mr.Maelstrom and Bald1 like this.
  18. Mcountry Banned Banned

Don Lemon won't touch this with a ten foot pole. And queenB cunt won't go near your post.

And did the fucking security guard really just shut the front door? Like wtf is wrong with people?

#Biden'sAmerica

And this was a response by some stupid black chick trying to suggest this was staged.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Po and Chesten_Hesten like this.
  19. nac386 Steel Belt

Those numbers are from a different source. I was using the Exit polls collected by Roper Center going back to the 1970s, and you're referring to the Asian American Legal Defense and Education fund polls. I've never heard the of the latter, so I can't speak to it's reputation or accuracy. I also don't know what "Christinemau.medium" is. But you'd want to use the same polling for each year for consistency.

Forbes used Roper Center polling in this article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...f-any-republican-in-60-years/?sh=28bde1b34a09
    [​IMG]

The Asian vote went to Bush Sr in 1992, and it has dropped ever since other than tiny bumps here and there (going for 41-44%, 26-31%, etc).

I think there is a very misguided attempt by some to paint Trump as having done well with groups that he clearly did poorly with. He did poorly with Asians. Only himself and Romney ever did worse. Noting that he went from "very, very horrible" to just "very horrible" should not inspire anybody into a false sense of accomplishment.

It seems that the best you one can realistically say about Trump's 2020 election is, "Well, at least he outperformed Romney in 2012 by a tiny bit," but then you'd still have to remember that Romney was running again Barack Obama not lowly Hilary or Joe Biden.

If you put Obama in this election against Trump, I have a feeling you'd see even more abysmal numbers, probably by a lot.

But honestly, I think the modern Republican party is an absolute mess, so if Republicans want to believe that the still-terrible numbers that Trump put up in 2020 while losing to Joe Biden are actually a sign that they are heading in the right direction, I suppose I would encourage them to believe that because it all but guarantees future disappointment. But I would actually prefer to see a viable, quality Republican party that recognizes they are going the wrong direction and seeks to improve, because two viable parties is good for everyone.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  20. Zazen Black Belt

Your problem is you aren't sincere about helping Asian Americans. You pop up in every thread that gives you the opportunity to dunk on black people. We know there are issues in the black community that need to be addressed but you are nowhere to be seen when white people attack Asians as well.