Media The violence of Mauricio Shogun Rua in the UFC

FlawlessAcrobaticArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

But sherdog told me he must be a pussy because he tapped to strikes.......

sadly he looked slow in his last one kicks looked on point though

Underated because Sherdog loves to discredit jones. Disgusting. He’s the greatest from pride.
greatest is very debatable
most exciting from pride. easily the standout from the excitement viewpoint not even debatable imo

His UFC finishes are good, but you gotta post his Pride highlights when he was much more brutal and in the prime of his career. This is the epitome of violence:

Awesome compilation. I watched the whole vid. Some footage I haven't seen before. Thanks for sharing!

Shogun was a lot like Velasquez as he was a killer when healthy but both had blown out knees (perhaps from their brutal training). Velasquez didn't fight nearly as much or as many varied opponent's at least Shogun had that amazing GP tournament win where he ran through the best guys at the time. An alternate reality where Shogun didn't injure his arm against Coleman and follow that up with something like 3 or 4 ACL injuries would have been amazing. Not having to fight TRT infused Henderson twice would have helped as well as Henderson immediately looked way worse after TRT was banned.

Back