Media The violence of Mauricio Shogun Rua in the UFC

CoarseIndolentBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
Cmon man give him a break he’s 40. Even shogun grows old. Imagine a make believe mma land where fighters never age and remain in their primes.

Just bleed shogun.. just scrap penn... in shape rampage.. Ice man chuck.

One can dream

The golden age of the lhw is over.

back when, chuck, rampage, rashad, forest, machida, shogun.

The division will never be as stacked.

All legends who will be inducted into the just bleed hall of fame.

Hes still 1-1 with forrest

Someone book a rematch for trilogy

Watching him smash Arona, avenge Wand (and Saku), and win the MWGP in Pride is one of my favorite MMA moments of all time. WAR SHOGUN

Rua was awesome, but he was far better in Pride. When both of his knees were intact.

Hes still 1-1 with forrest

Someone book a rematch for trilogy

And also with Lyoto, a matchup that once I was convinced to be a trilogy. Then a young kid named Jon Jones burst through the scene and changed the whole landscape of the division

Shogun or Wand? Who was the best LHW in Pride? I feel like Pride pushed Wand a bit more b/c he held the belt.

Also, was Shogun a smallish LHW? I know he was thick but he always seem a bit small compared to some of the other dudes.
Yes he was a small but athlete middleweight facing monsters.
He has a large frame but held more fat than a lot of the monsters in the division. He was just an athletic freak.

Realistically his ideal weight class should've been an easy 185 and would still be considered average.

His UFC finishes are good, but you gotta post his Pride highlights when he was much more brutal and in the prime of his career. This is the epitome of violence:

Shogun with legal stomps in his prime was completely unstoppable.

Underated because Sherdog loves to discredit jones. Disgusting. He’s the greatest from pride.
We discredit the Shogun that fought Jones, dude was a monstar in Pride. I mean Forrest Griffin has a win over this version, Forrest fucking Griffin
<{MingNope}>

Coleman was a tough old bird for the punishment he took throughout the years

Back