• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The View co-host Joy Behar: Gun laws will change 'once Black people get guns in this country'

Everyone remembers when the NRA and conservatives were suddenly pro gun-control?

panthers_on_the_steps_of_capitol-a.jpg
This images goes so hard

Source?

Mulford himself said that the act was not about disarming blacks, and makes reference to a previous statement he made in which he had concerns over several different armed groups, 1 being black and 5 being white.

Furthermore the catalyst for this act was armed men entering the capital, not "blacks being armed." Additionally the law made it illegal for all citizens to open carry, not just blacks.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

The timeline is different though. They wanted to ban open carry/ change open carry due to black panthers arming themself and open carrying. Then came the protest. And they didn’t enter the building as far as I know, they just stood on the steps out of protest.

No, no, no. The catalyst for the act was the Panthers entering the capital, not solely for being armed. Your source (lmao) even mentions this in the first paragraph.

And again, mulford himself mentions groups of armed whites he is concerned with as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...alifornia-1967_n_568accfce4b014efe0db2f40/amp and yes, they entered the capital building.

Not that i agree with any of this bullshit, citizens of this nation are supposed to have the right to bear arms and it's not up to the state to decide how they use those arms so long as they are not hampering the rights of other citizens.
Assembly Bill 1591 was introduced by Don Mulford(R) from Oakland on April 5, 1967, and subsequently co-sponsored by John T. Knox (D)
A.B 1591 was made an “urgency statute” under Article IV, §8(d) of the Constitution of California after “an organized band of men armed with loaded firearms [...] entered the Capitol” on May 2, 1967

So the armed men entering the capital was on may 2nd and the introduction of the bill was on april 5th. But somehow the armed men entering was the reason
<JagsKiddingMe>

So basically if Black ppl started shooting up schools instead of each other then finally we'll start to see changes at the legislative level?

I stand corrected. This article states that the entry into the capital was the catalyst that got the bill issued as "an issue of emergency." Enabling it to take affect immediately.

https://www.explorationsinteractive...-black-panther-party-and-the-mulford-act.html

Regardless, this was in 67' and this was not referenced by the individual, whose racist comments are you are trying to defend in this thread. I'd be shocked to learn that individual even knows about this incident.
Respect for admitting your wrong. Doesn’t happen a lot here hehe. But I’m not trying to defend anybody. I don’t know who she is and I only know The View from when Johnny Drama broke down on it in Entourage.

It just wasn’t that weird of a suggestion as it happened before.

I've never watched this show, just seen clips. From what I gather it's basically CNN level politics, with Jerry Springer IQ level fans. What does that statement even mean? She really thinks black people don't have guns, makes no sense.

You and others are being disingenuous with this reference. Black people open carrying weapons was not the catalyst for the 67' gun control law, armed men entering the capital was.

Furthermore you guys keep bringing this up like she even knows this happened. She didn't mention this incident at all, she just said "once blacks get guns stuff will change!"

As if they don't have guns already, anyone that isn't a retard knows this.

@skold actually is a retard, so....

So the armed men entering the capital was on may 2nd and the introduction of the bill was on april 5th. But somehow the armed men entering was the reason
<JagsKiddingMe>
He's panic wrestling at this point. Obviously that law was passed to help disarm the Black Panthers for reasons very clearly relating to racial politics and fear of black militant groups regardless of the fact that many of their activities were perfectly lawful.

race is meaningless to the global elite who only care about one's financial worth. Racism is a tool created by those elite in order to keep the rest of us distracted and divided while they do things like disarm us.

So you believe in gun control, but don't believe blacks should be subjected to it?
No, that’s a weird conclusion to draw from this statement. I believe in gun control but it shouldn’t come from racial motives.

He's panic wrestling at this point. Obviously that law was passed to help disarm the Black Panthers for reasons very clearly relating to racial politics and fear of black militant groups regardless of the fact that many of their activities were perfectly lawful.

I think this is true, but it's only part of the truth. The Black Panthers were tops on the radar of the feds at the time, but they weren't the only ones. There could have been a racial aspect to it, but you had a lot of other groups popping up all over with the anti war movement and a lot of them were becoming (or already were) unafraid of carrying out real violence. The feds were honestly panic wrestling, worried that things would devolve into chaos with a bunch of militant groups with axes to grind against the government (who's reasons sometimes aligned, sometimes maybe overlapped, but sometimes weren't really similar at all) arming themselves.

It means she's got a terminal case of dumbassis and is spreading it quicker than wildfire. Bitch is a super spreader. Where's the ministry of truth when you need it? Or she should be forced into self isolation and be asked to take information injections if she ever wanted to see the light of day again.

I've said it many times,but even our dumbass WR members are better informed than the general public.
The War Room is the finest collection of political minds in the world.

You said "back when republicans actually made sense." Meaning you agree with their commie style gun control measures from 67'.

You also said "Albeit for the wrong reasons lol,"
And according to you and others in the thread the sole (wrong) reason for the measure was to disarm blacks.

What other conclusion am i supposed to come to other than you believe blacks should not have been disarmed?
Now you’re using different terms. I never said I said anyone should be disarmed. What I am saying is that IF there is stricter gun control it shouldn’t be because blacks have guns, it should be because guns are dangerous and should be strictly regulated.

Mulford himself stated that the Black panthers were one of 6 armed groups the measure was aimed at. The other 5 being armed white groups. A fact everyone in this thread keeps leaving out.

Yeah I mean I'm old but wasn't alive back then but I know there was a ton of hand wringing about these militant anti war, anti government groups (the Black Panthers motivations and goals obviously were more about racial inequality than the war). I do think the Black Panthers were tops on the government's radar (which could have been due to race, but likely was as much about sheer numbers and influence) but they were far from the only ones that had Uncle Sam worried.

Well according to mulford himself that was not the reason, his reason was the concern over 6 different armed groups, only one of which was black.

Whether that was total BS or not I have no idea, but those were the words that came out of his mouth. A
the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.
It was the reason though.

It was the reason though.

I'm not saying wiki is useless, but was that your source on this? It's not that the statement is "false" per se, it's just a ridiculous oversimplification. Disarming the Black Panthers wasn't "the" reason. It was one of the reasonS. Plural. There were a shit ton of moving parts, and no doubt the Black Panthers growing influence was one of them. But to boil it down to just that is to ignore a hell of a lot of other stuff that was influencing government policy at the time.

I think this is true, but it's only part of the truth. The Black Panthers were tops on the radar of the feds at the time, but they weren't the only ones. There could have been a racial aspect to it, but you had a lot of other groups popping up all over with the anti war movement and a lot of them were becoming (or already were) unafraid of carrying out real violence. The feds were honestly panic wrestling, worried that things would devolve into chaos with a bunch of militant groups with axes to grind against the government (who's reasons sometimes aligned, sometimes maybe overlapped, but sometimes weren't really similar at all) arming themselves.
Well yeah of course it wasn't just blacks, it was also leftists and anti-war protestors. I think someone from the Nixon admin admitted that the Drug War was to disrupt black radicals and anti-war activists. But restricting Americans' rights because you dislike their views and their activism is still a bad reason to restrict their rights.

I guess though one could amend the statement in the OP to say that gun laws will change if leftist activists start buying them and carrying them at protests. Imagine Antifa dorks start buying guns in droves, you'd see some gun laws then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back