• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Law The View co-host Joy Behar: Gun laws will change 'once Black people get guns in this country'

Where did you come up with "not fond of blacks". A black and white boomer have more in common then they do with the younger Z and minlentals and whatever. I was brought up in the south in the 60s and we were expected to mam and sir our elders black or white. I'm "fond" of most anyone that shares my general views black or white.
Idk, stuff like the NC GOP trying to make it harder for blacks to vote I guess.

Idk, stuff like the NC GOP trying to make it harder for blacks to vote I guess.

I'm talking about every day people. I want everyone that legally has the right to vote to do so. I don't want people that cannot legally vote. I want ways to prevent that.

Also gerrymandering is a cross party sport.

That needs context. Hoover considered them the biggest internal threat because he considered them a threat to the social hierarchy. He heavily opposed Civil Rights and designated any such groups championing those causes a large threat. So, it's not that they were considered the biggest internal threat because Americans, Congress, etc. felt them to be so. They were considered so by the FBI because Hoover didn't like the idea of black people and white people being treated equally.

In fact Hoover's biggest gripe with the Black Panthers wasn't guns or even cops who were murdered. His biggest gripe was with the Free Children's Breakfast program. :(

Why? Because he saw it as some sort of way for extremist groups, ie Civil Rights groups, to infiltrate communities with their propaganda.

So, Hoover's assessment of why they were a threat isn't the same as what you're applying it to.
And all while wearing a dress.

<{katwhu}><TheWire1><{outtahere}>

I know it's The View, but they are a daytime show with tons of viewers. Many suburban mom's get their news from here. Seriously, WTF does this even mean?

I am pretty sure most of this shows Viewership is people giving Joy Behar's opinions any time of day. Nobody could actually watch this as a serious show at this point.

lol substance and facts?
Bro multiple people immediately cited the exact historical reference the host was making, and plenty more understand it too even if they don't agree. Meanwhile you're such a dumb little imp that you made a karate thread on the forum based on the premise of complete bewilderment and had no idea what the reference was about.
You're an abysmal moron who simply doesn't know much about US history despite your sad little flag avatar.

Nobody here is saying black people don't own guns and it's comical that your mashed potato skull is making that a debate.

Always found people like you bizarre when you throw the lame “karate forum” jab like you aren’t doing the same thing. You painfully have no self awareness and are most likely insufferable in actual person because of it.

Always found people like you bizarre when you throw the lame “karate forum” jab like you aren’t doing the same thing. You painfully have no self awareness and are most likely insufferable in actual person because of it.
It works just fine as a jab: I'm one of many mma fans with a functional brain who can easily understand the reference even when made by some lame View host. It doesn't matter if you agree with her views on gun reform or not: it's still a reference.
Whereas the OP doesn't have the wattage to do so, but the anger to make a thread of bewildered triggeredness while admitting they suck so bad at political history that they act like Reagan's response to the black panthers isn't common lore.

It works just fine as a jab: I'm one of many mma fans with a functional brain who can easily understand the reference even when made by some lame View host. It doesn't matter if you agree with her views on gun reform or not: it's still a reference.
Whereas the OP doesn't have the wattage to do so, but the anger to make a thread of bewildered triggeredness while admitting they suck so bad at political history that they act like Reagan's response to the black panthers isn't common lore.

It happened 55 years ago. Is it still relevant today? Reagan’s response to the Black Panthers was also supported by both Republicans and Democrats and the NRA. Common lore.

It happened 55 years ago. Is it still relevant today? Reagan’s response to the Black Panthers was also supported by both Republicans and Democrats and the NRA. Common lore.
lol no shit it happened 55 years ago. And plenty of people still remember and reference it because of the people involved and context.
How many times does this need to be repeated: events in the past are known as history, and people who don't get references to history are especially moronic when they make retarded threads on the mma forum about not getting said reference.

I know it's The View, but they are a daytime show with tons of viewers. Many suburban mom's get their news from here. Seriously, WTF does this even mean?
She could be alluding to past history of republicans and gun laws -

The NRA Supported Gun Control When the Black Panthers Had the Weapons

"
Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California’s gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions."

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Everyone remembers when the NRA and conservatives were suddenly pro gun-control?

panthers_on_the_steps_of_capitol-a.jpg

Somebody is going to have to stoop way lower then these people to reach the lowest common denominator (aka the majority of Americans) shows like The View and Conspiracy YouTube videos have a hold of a lot of them

She could be alluding to past history of republicans and gun laws -

The NRA Supported Gun Control When the Black Panthers Had the Weapons

"
Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California’s gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions."

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act
Haha shit you best me to it. Wanted to post this but something got in between. I already had the wikipedia page opened

Haha shit you best me to it. Wanted to post this but something got in between. I already had the wikipedia page opened

That's fine but the NRA now has a lot of POC as its members. And...she delivered it in a clumsy, incoherent, and arguably racist way. And there's gonna be a large % of her audience who are WAY to uninformed to have any clue if that's what she was trying to convey.

That's fine but the NRA now has a lot of POC as its members. And...she delivered it in a clumsy, incoherent, and arguably racist way. And there's gonna be a large % of her audience who are WAY to uninformed to have any clue if that's what she was trying to convey.
It’s the view. What did you expect lol

You and others are being disingenuous with this reference. Black people open carrying weapons was not the catalyst for the 67' gun control law, armed men entering the capital was.

Furthermore you guys keep bringing this up like she even knows this happened. She didn't mention this incident at all, she just said "once blacks get guns stuff will change!"

As if they don't have guns already, anyone that isn't a retard knows this.
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that prohibited public carrying of loaded firearms without a permit.[2] Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by governor of California Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.[3][4] They garnered national attention after Black Panthers members, bearing arms, marched upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.
It seems that you’re the one being disingenuous. What a surprise.

Governor Ronald Reagan, who was coincidentally present on the capitol lawn when the protesters arrived, later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.
Back when republicans actually made sense (albeit for the wrong reasons lol)

Back