1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The UFC Needs to get Rid of Live Odds Immediately

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by EndlessCritic, Jul 25, 2021.

1. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

I can't believe the UFC found something dumber than random Twitter posts, but they succeeded.

Repeatedly last night, the live odds posted were objectively wrong. Cormier was right to call out the Soriano/Allen "live odds" as batshit crazy, because they were wrong.

Similarly, when they posted the Yanez/Costa live odds, they were wrong at the time they were posted.

It honestly feels like they're getting "live odds" data from several minutes prior, and then posting them. Cormier was right to call them stupid, and I had some respect for Cruz for just staying out of the discussion and saying, "I just want to watch the fights, who cares."

2. cade187 I'm not a part of your system.

Bring back the Eddie Bravo score card. lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  3. svmr_db Brown Belt

Yeah they were bunk I'm pretty sure they showed Soriano as a -400 fav at one point over Allen

4. MartiniSIDe Purple Belt

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.

Buckland, Uncle J, frandogg and 48 others like this.
  5. EndlessCritic Steel Belt

Also, further credit to Cormier for his hilarious commentary during Phillips/Paiva. "Look, I'm a wrestler, but even I'm upset when these guys are going for takedowns. Come on guys, don't go to the ground!"

6. FreddieRoachsVoice Purple Belt

I feel legitimately embarrassed at how desperate the current product feels. The pointless stats, the uniforms, the tweets, the live odds... it's like they are ashamed to actually focus on the fights which is how mma got popular in the first place.

7. TheMessiah Black Belt

I miss the old UFC man

8. Donnybat White Belt

In the same vain as WWE trying to hide the fact they are pro wrestling just to secure larger corporate sponsors at the benefit of their stake holders and they both know that the fans will still tune in to watch regardless of how watered down it has become.

9. wwkirk Black Belt

I may be off base, but somehow live odds seems like an invitation for corruption, if someone wanted to influence judges.

Nigelbro and RogerD like this.
  10. Carrotman23 Of Rivia

Especially now that he's not on drugs just an utter disgrace .
    Lol seriously though it's one of the worst things ever and on top it the commentary will read them out .
    <{you!}>
    Random MMA "journalist" weasle scoring it I don't give a shit . At least us sherdogers have the decency to do that in relative private in the PbP's ;)

MartiniSIDe likes this.
  11. Alpinestar Brown Belt

I really wish the UFC gets rid of the stupid random tweets as well, especially during PPVs. People don't pay their hard-earned money to see someone's moronic tweets. No one cares what some random people had to say. They just want to watch the fights.

12. Eric Silva 2.0 Brown Belt

great post. The further they get away from the fights, the worse it gets. They might get a temporary bump in popularity by drawing in a few more idiots from time to time but what makes this sport great are great fighters, great fights and they people who appreciate both.

FreddieRoachsVoice likes this.
  13. MikeChandler Banned Banned

they have to do shit like this to reach 1 Billion Dollar Company

everyone wants bigger paydays, more insurance, better testing , etc ...

the only way to obtain all those things is new deals, and more attention

omawho402 likes this.
  14. omawho402 Brown Belt

I love the tweets, especially if they are relevant ones from fighters in the division of the fight we're watching.

15. eric n Blue Belt

By all reports they have surpassed being a 1 billion dollar company quite some time ago. But, yes perks cost and the company is trying to find the right formula. Mistakes will/have been made, but once in a while you have to try something new. Not all of these things will work. Fights are to my eyes better than ever. Athletes are better, training is better, skillsets are better....

16. Quarterback619 Green Belt

UFC has probably partnership with these online sports book. You see fighter promoting their 'codes' often for sign up bonuses. Lots of money are being wagered before/live between rounds. As annoying as it may seem to some, many gamblers are placing large amount of bets.

Shotcy, FrappeDuRocma and avenue94 like this.
  17. MikeChandler Banned Banned

we arent talking a billion dollar company

we are talking 1 Billion Dollars in revenue for the year !!

18. Huligani Number One Bullshit

Ultimate Fighting Circus

19. Guy LeDouche Brown Belt

I get that the UFC/Vegas are all about catering to the sports betting crowd,
    but holy shit is it ridiculous to talk about during 3/4 of a fight, between the bad commentary and the tweets, it takes away from the fight

PurpleStorm likes this.
  20. GrantB13 Red Belt

The worst I ever saw was some random guy calling I THINK it might've been Lewis/Blaydes a walk-off KO..... If it wasn't that fight it was another one that 100% was not a walk off. And then for the UFC to put that on TV. Terrible.