The UFC Needs to get Rid of Live Odds Immediately

UFC has probably partnership with these online sports book. You see fighter promoting their 'codes' often for sign up bonuses. Lots of money are being wagered before/live between rounds. As annoying as it may seem to some, many gamblers are placing large amount of bets.
They have a sponsorship with fanduel

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.
Yeah it just serves as a needless distraction to the fight. People want to watch these people fight, not some random post on twitter

THey're small enough on the screen that it dosen't bother me. It is kind of neat to watch the line move. But yeah sometimes they're way the fuck off. In which case I just tune it out. I realize I'm not going to like every single aspect of every mma broadcast. And it's minor enough that I don't need to be bothered by it. It's way less obnoxious than something like clear bias commentating.

I feel legitimately embarrassed at how desperate the current product feels. The pointless stats, the uniforms, the tweets, the live odds... it's like they are ashamed to actually focus on the fights which is how mma got popular in the first place.
Yeah, the homogenized product that ESPN brings to the table is just boring as fuck. All flash and no sizzle.

It makes me legitimately miss hearing the "face the pain" intro

I feel legitimately embarrassed at how desperate the current product feels. The pointless stats, the uniforms, the tweets, the live odds... it's like they are ashamed to actually focus on the fights which is how mma got popular in the first place.
Fuckin ESPN tries to make everything basketball. American sports boradcasting is fuckin horrendous. And my God we Americans have the shittiest sports commentary across ALL sports. I said it. Also RIDICULOUS for Kyler Phillips who has less than half his opponents experience and hasn't fought anyone of note to come on as such a big favorite against an experienced fighter with a strong record. Fighting out of one of the best camps especially for small guys. Like wtf lol

The live odds are for actually betting, right? Like you can place a bet mid fight and lock them in?

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.
yeah i agree, but i dont mind the pro fighters chiming in- but random ass hats giving their opinion on who they think won the round is lame

They are catering to a very niche portion of the audience. Which may or may not be largely composed of compulsive gamblers. It's pathetic and a tad disturbing.

B4 I get flamed I'm not talking about guys who are betting to make the fights more interesting and who can walk away win or lose with no issues. I'm referring specifically to addicts.

Those bookies that get their product shown during the fights make billions each year.

Those companies constantly hire massive celebs for their marketing. One of the main books I use has Mark Wahlberg dressed up like a dickhead and doing promos for them at the moment. Another one that I have shares in has Shaq lol.

If they can afford to make rich celebs do that sort of nonsense, then don't expect the UFC to do away with them anytime soon. The money these bookies would be offering isn't something the UFC is going to pass up.

UFC/ WME era has been trash in their presentation of mma. It doesn't look like the sport they keep touting it is.

I love the tweets, especially if they are relevant ones from fighters in the division of the fight we're watching.
Yea. I’m a fan when it’s other fighters or people involved in the fight game. Could do without the random celebrities though

Well then my response to TS is, if you think the odds are ridiculous you should place a bet.
Did you actually read the thread? The odds they posted on the screen were literally wrong.

As in, during the fight, they posted odds saying Soriano was a -300 favorite, but if you attempted to bet on the fight at the moment they claimed that, Allen was actually a -160 live favorite in Vegas.

It was as if they were posting odds that were several minutes behind, yet claiming they were "live".

What else do you expect from a company that uses active fighters as commentators/analysts.

John Anik calls almost every KO a walk off KO. It is infuriating.
Walk off is kind of a dumb idea anyway. If you strike out the last batter, is that a walk off strikeout? If you sack the quarterback on the last play of the game, is that a walk off sack? Who wins the game and then doesn't walk off the field?

Back