The UFC Needs to get Rid of Live Odds Immediately

I feel legitimately embarrassed at how desperate the current product feels. The pointless stats, the uniforms, the tweets, the live odds... it's like they are ashamed to actually focus on the fights which is how mma got popular in the first place.

MMA got popular because of drama that happened on the ultimate fighter. It got popular because of WWE level shit.

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.

You can imagine that while each ufc event is taking place, ufc fighters around the world are sitting at home on their sofas with their phones in their hands logged into Twit. Near the end of each round they start Twitting, all hoping to see their special Twit on the bottom left of their tv screen. If they get theirs on tv i expect everyone else in the room hi-fives them, "Well done, you are such a warrior, and so informative with your Twits."
"You impart so much knowledge to the viewers, we simply couldn't enjoy these fights without your Twits, you ARE number ONE!"

Well, not that I care for it either, but the UFC has a major partnership with Draftkings, who provide all those odds. They're contractually obligated to mention all this shit

The posting of tweets is worse though, especially the tweets from the nobody mma writers

Well, not that I care for it either, but the UFC has a major partnership with Draftkings, who provide all those odds. They're contractually obligated to mention all this shit

The posting of tweets is worse though, especially the tweets from the nobody mma writers
Every time I see Aaron Bronstetter's name and goofy picture on my screen, I get fucking enraged.

I have been re-watching a lot of PPV’s from the era of the UFC that I fell in love with (2011). There were mystical aspects of MMA that we will unfortunately never get again. Truly legendary shit

They toned down on the tweets and just show a couple at the start of each round so it doesn't bother me. And honestly the odds don't bother me neither because it's so small and well hey, there's a fight going on that I'm looking at. What did bother me is when the commentary team talks about them, like I need to hear about them, if they are wrong or right, don't care.

But going through this thread, man some of you really like to make a big deal about everything.

Fuckin ESPN tries to make everything basketball. American sports boradcasting is fuckin horrendous. And my God we Americans have the shittiest sports commentary across ALL sports. I said it. Also RIDICULOUS for Kyler Phillips who has less than half his opponents experience and hasn't fought anyone of note to come on as such a big favorite against an experienced fighter with a strong record. Fighting out of one of the best camps especially for small guys. Like wtf lol
We saw in the first round why Philips was the favourite. If he fought this dude like he did vs Song, he would've dominated.

I can't believe the UFC found something dumber than random Twitter posts, but they succeeded.

Repeatedly last night, the live odds posted were objectively wrong. Cormier was right to call out the Soriano/Allen "live odds" as batshit crazy, because they were wrong.

Similarly, when they posted the Yanez/Costa live odds, they were wrong at the time they were posted.

It honestly feels like they're getting "live odds" data from several minutes prior, and then posting them. Cormier was right to call them stupid, and I had some respect for Cruz for just staying out of the discussion and saying, "I just want to watch the fights, who cares."

I am pretty sure they get the live odds as the previous round ends. They are more intended to drive people to the betting site.

I am pretty sure they get the live odds as the previous round ends. They are more intended to drive people to the betting site.
It doesn't matter what the intention is. The threshold question is whether they're accurate at the time they're posted. And based on last weekend, they aren't. And that's a big problem.

The live odds weren't bullshit, in terms of being the actual live odds.

However, they do have NOTHING to do with the fight, itself. Okay, maybe at the start of the fight it tells us who, technically, is the favorite and underdog. Reporting them as the fight goes on is 100% trying to drive actual betting, not telling us anything about the fight.

It's sleazy as fuck-all. It's bad enough they partnered with a betting book. Fundamentally altering their fight coverage, pre-fight, between fight, and during fights to get people to gamble is awful, ethically.

It makes sense why they would try something like this. Who actually knows how to score a fight these days? They allow their commentators to talk shit about the scores and judges all the time and laugh off how they themselves, the experts getting paid to watch MMA, have literally no idea who's winning the fight as it goes on. The live-odds is an attempt to show laypeople how a fight is going.

You can imagine that while each ufc event is taking place, ufc fighters around the world are sitting at home on their sofas with their phones in their hands logged into Twit. Near the end of each round they start Twitting, all hoping to see their special Twit on the bottom left of their tv screen. If they get theirs on tv i expect everyone else in the room hi-fives them, "Well done, you are such a warrior, and so informative with your Twits."
"You impart so much knowledge to the viewers, we simply couldn't enjoy these fights without your Twits, you ARE number ONE!"
Yeah but most of the time they will show the tweet of an actor who dont know shit about mma because he's famous

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.
People tweeting about a round being 10-9 when blind Freddie could see it.

Like honestly... Fuck off lol

It doesn't matter what the intention is. The threshold question is whether they're accurate at the time they're posted. And based on last weekend, they aren't. And that's a big problem.

No they aren't, but also also aren't when they show them in other sports.

Back