The UFC Needs to get Rid of Live Odds Immediately

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.

Tweets are fine if they're from top fighters making a headline, not Joe Celebrity posting hurr durr.

Seeing Yan, not Sterling, comment last night during or after the fight would have been welcome.

The tweets I barely see anymore (tuned out) and even the commentary I only half-listen too. Gotta say tho that whole segment was embarrassingly stupid.

Props to DC for questioning wtf was up.

Also, get rid of the random twitter post in the left corner during the fight.

I dont give a fuck what Steve O thinks about the last round.

But in a few of the fights, the judges didn't seem to give a fuck what they thought about the last round, either.

:-/

I feel legitimately embarrassed at how desperate the current product feels. The pointless stats, the uniforms, the tweets, the live odds... it's like they are ashamed to actually focus on the fights which is how mma got popular in the first place.

It's a sign of the fucked-up times. Everything is about social media and "likes" nowadays. It was a sad day when Sherdog buckled to that type of bullshit.

It's a sign of the fucked-up times. Everything is about social media and "likes" nowadays. It was a sad day when Sherdog buckled to that type of bullshit.
What do you mean? When Sherdog started restricting likes?

They need to can Wittman or Edwards from their during the fight analysis and bring in AI Jimmy “the Greek” to discuss live odds, betting, and eugenics...lol

I can't believe the UFC found something dumber than random Twitter posts, but they succeeded.

Repeatedly last night, the live odds posted were objectively wrong. Cormier was right to call out the Soriano/Allen "live odds" as batshit crazy, because they were wrong.

Similarly, when they posted the Yanez/Costa live odds, they were wrong at the time they were posted.

It honestly feels like they're getting "live odds" data from several minutes prior, and then posting them. Cormier was right to call them stupid, and I had some respect for Cruz for just staying out of the discussion and saying, "I just want to watch the fights, who cares."
Well, they aren’t. DraftKings is paying a few hundred million. Dana isn’t in the business of turning down that kind of money.

There are probably kinks in the system. It’ll get worked out.

And get rid of live commercial reads during the fight.

they have to do shit like this to reach 1 Billion Dollar Company

everyone wants bigger paydays, more insurance, better testing , etc ...

the only way to obtain all those things is new deals, and more attention
They are already valued over 1 billion as a company and has been for awhile.

What do you mean? When Sherdog started restricting likes?

No, when they added them in the first place. It made people act like attention whores even more than before.

The worst I ever saw was some random guy calling I THINK it might've been Lewis/Blaydes a walk-off KO..... If it wasn't that fight it was another one that 100% was not a walk off. And then for the UFC to put that on TV. Terrible.
John Anik calls almost every KO a walk off KO. It is infuriating.

I can't believe the UFC found something dumber than random Twitter posts, but they succeeded.

Repeatedly last night, the live odds posted were objectively wrong. Cormier was right to call out the Soriano/Allen "live odds" as batshit crazy, because they were wrong.

Similarly, when they posted the Yanez/Costa live odds, they were wrong at the time they were posted.

It honestly feels like they're getting "live odds" data from several minutes prior, and then posting them. Cormier was right to call them stupid, and I had some respect for Cruz for just staying out of the discussion and saying, "I just want to watch the fights, who cares."

The tweets are still way more annoying that big ass tweet box that pops up on screen is distracting

No, when they added them in the first place. It made people act like attention whores even more than before.
Interesting. Can you recall what year they were added?

The tweets are still way more annoying that big ass tweet box that pops up on screen is distracting
At least the Tweets speak for themselves.

The problem with live odds isn't simply that they exist, it's that they're objectively wrong.

Yes, its trash; but they don't care what you think, they getting an extra couple bucks by attracting the gamblers. Is like when I watch Bellator and they have their individual shorts, reminds me of the old days. Now they got everyone looking generic af, for an extra couple bucks:(

Yes, its trash; but they don't care what you think, they getting an extra couple bucks by attracting the gamblers. Is like when I watch Bellator and they have their individual shorts, reminds me of the old days. Now they got everyone looking generic af, for an extra couple bucks:(
You're wrong though. I'm a gambler, which is why it's especially infuriating that the odds posted are just wrong.

Interesting. Can you recall what year they were added?

I don't remember. It's been some years. They also added the "tags" so invariably people will post using the "NEWS" tag just to get attention. Whether it's actual news or not.

Back