The UFC is trying to erase the history of Tito Ortiz

Because Dana doesn't like him.. Duh.. Don't take a rocket scientist to add one plus one and and figure what the answer to that would be.
Dana is a strange promoter. holds grudges and instead hyping all these fighters he continues to shit on them, even current champions.

Tito kept it afloat in the dark ages for sure, but Chuck still kind of is the first superstar. The popularity boom came at the culmination of tuf 1. Who was main eventing the PPV after TUF 1? Randy and Chuck. Tito was one of the first larger than life personalities. But Chuck was the first truly bankable star.

Tito kept it afloat in the dark ages for sure, but Chuck still kind of is the first superstar. The popularity boom came at the culmination of tuf 1. Who was main eventing the PPV after TUF 1? Randy and Chuck. Tito was one of the first larger than life personalities. But Chuck was the first truly bankable star.

1. TUF 1 popularity had nothing to do with Randy/Chuck.
2. Ken/Tito feud brought him first real revenue

When you refer to your boss as your bitch you don’t get as much recognition. It is what it is, at the end of the day.

Royce was the first. Kimo was the next. Tank was the next. Tito and vitor were the next, but I might have missed a step. Chuck, Tito, and Randy all took the sport mainstream along with Dana. Chuck v tito was the reason they got the spike deal. You're welcome.

Kimo?

I cant stand Tito but TS is right, but I think as others pointed out Shamrock was right there too, whether people like it or not.

Royce was the first. Kimo was the next. Tank was the next. Tito and vitor were the next, but I might have missed a step. Chuck, Tito, and Randy all took the sport mainstream along with Dana. Chuck v tito was the reason they got the spike deal. You're welcome.
Shamrock?

Aside from casuals does anyone really put a lot of stock into videos like this or the UFC Hall of Fame? Don’t let them trigger you...

Dana has been petty towards Tito Ortiz for years.

He left Tito off of the UFC Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights dvd collection back in the day, not even Tito vs Shamrock 1 was included on that collection despite the significance of that fight, all because Dana and Tito were beefin.

On fightpass, they don’t even have a profile for Tito, to where you can follow him and have access to his old fights as you would for most other fighters, you have to actually search up Tito.

Whenever they mention the all time wins at light heavyweight they never include Tito Ortiz.

They no hespecht Tito Ortiz, they do everything they can to diminish his accomplishments and his legacy in the UFC.

Fact is, Tito Ortiz was the first real legit superstar in MMA, he was also one of the first fighters to really establish his own brand, and he paved the way for other trash talkers in MMA, and just fighters in general.

Tito Ortiz is one of the more underrated fighters around this forum and around mma fans in general, he never truly gets the props he deserves for being a true pioneer in the game.

Hespecht for Tito

mma_titoortiz_576.jpg

So I watched this thing and I thought it was aight. Pretty solid and interesting video. Chuck deserves massive hespek. But then I noticed the title: The Story of Chuck Liddell, the First UFC Superstar

{<huh}

They really did Tito just like that? Not only was he the real first UFC superstar but he also saved the company. Like twice. Chuck never did that. Chuck never fought straight outta neck surgery.
Don't get me wrong, Chuck is obviously a legend but the first UFC superstar? Nah, bud.

mma_titoortiz_576-1490628717-800.jpg

28_TitoOrtizUFC84Weigh.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Tito_Ortiz_knockar_Chuck_Liddell.jpg

Do you agree with the UFC here?

UFC is bushleague when it comes to this.
They are petty, they are vengeful and they would NEVER accept one of their top fighters jumping ship.
Look how they treated Randy for more on that.

It wasn't just Tito. It was Shamrock too. 2 guys that saved UFC. And Dana has just erased them into a living death.

Tito is by far the greatest LHW of the Night.
They just released a documentary on the team Shamrock created.

Dana and the UFC have engaged in, and still engage in scummy practices, and there is no doubt that Tito deserves more recognition from the UFC.

But you can't do shit like this

28_TitoOrtizUFC84Weigh.jpg

in regards to your employer and then expect them to be wholly fair and magnanimous towards you in the future.

In this respect Tito really.... dug his own grave....

Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock 2 & 3 were really the first time I observed the UFC getting any real mainstream hype and things only looked up from there. UFC 61 did like 800K...easily a UFC record at the time. That was Tito-Ken. No they didn’t get the buyrate for Big Tim and AA. Then they got 6 million viewers on cable for the third fight. UFC doesn’t even mention that rivalry as something that put them into the next level. It was Forest and Bonnar!!!

Tito was the original super star through his win over Ken

UFC 40 is the event, it was the turning point and Tito carried the promotion of that event
People became interested because of Ken, and the big sports shows covered it
they stayed because Tito's charisma and chemistry with Shamrock

UFC 40 is THE event

Chuck is largely built off of him
Chuck was big before Tito, but Tito put him and Randy over
UFC 40 was my first MMA card I watched. Also, all fights including the prelims ended in a finish. Made me instantly into a hardcore. I was at Questor Video every week after that, getting every VHS I could get my hands on. The owner also sold my stepdad pot and would hold all the new MMA vids for us to get 1st when they arrived. Awesome memories for me

Dana and Tito need to get that boxing match out of the way and bro hug it out... :) Legend vs Godfather

1. TUF 1 popularity had nothing to do with Randy/Chuck.
2. Ken/Tito feud brought him first real revenue
Sure, but it still didn't really bring any sort of main stream attention. UFC 40 albeit there biggest at the time is still amongst the lowest bought ppv's they've ever put on. It's almost in the bottom 25 ppvs. Tito was the biggest guy in notoriety in mma at the time, but it didn't make him a true global superstar cause the sport didn't have the sway at the time to do it. And no it didn't have anything to do with tuf 1's popularity. But you're super naive if you don't think that the fact that chuck headlined the card a week after the TuF finale that brought a huge amount of attention to the sport. Giving him the platform the ascend into super stardom by staching most of the guys who stood in front of him for a while after that date. UFC 52 gave them a new ppv high that they continued to build from which was about double what Tito vs Ken's ufc 40 managed.

Back