The UFC is trying to erase the history of Tito Ortiz

Sure, but it still didn't really bring any sort of main stream attention. UFC 40 albeit there biggest at the time is still amongst the lowest bought ppv's they've ever put on. It's almost in the bottom 25 ppvs. Tito was the biggest guy in notoriety in mma at the time, but it didn't make him a true global superstar cause the sport didn't have the sway at the time to do it. And no it didn't have anything to do with tuf 1's popularity. But you're super naive if you don't think that the fact that chuck headlined the card a week after the TuF finale that brought a huge amount of attention to the sport. Giving him the platform the ascend into super stardom by staching most of the guys who stood in front of him for a while after that date. UFC 52 gave them a new ppv high that they continued to build from which was about double what Tito vs Ken's ufc 40 managed.

TUF did not gain popularity because of Chuck.
TUF gained popularity because of reality show, idiots like Leben/Kos/Sanchez, and a great fight in the finals.
Chuck did not bring attention TO the sport. Only IN the sport.

And of course MMA did not become MAIN STREAM due to Tito.
Ronda and Conor did that

They already erased Frank, now Tito.

Randy next.

tito benefitted from being hw size with willingness to cut to 199... then 205 which ufc invented for him to be the ideal weight to cut to.
he was the man for a bit though
but most of the guys he fought were 185ers at 205. frank sham weighs 188 every day, really he was a 170 pound size guy.
tito also hated getting hit so gave us a ton of lay and pray for 5 rounds fights
chuck came along and was knockin people out regularly. even tito twice. and he wasnt whining about fighter pay. he did it for the love.

tito benefitted from being hw size with willingness to cut to 199... then 205 which ufc invented for him to be the ideal weight to cut to.
he was the man for a bit though
but most of the guys he fought were 185ers at 205. frank sham weighs 188 every day, really he was a 170 pound size guy.
tito also hated getting hit so gave us a ton of lay and pray for 5 rounds fights
chuck came along and was knockin people out regularly. even tito twice. and he wasnt whining about fighter pay. he did it for the love.

no 5 rounds back then

Sure, but it still didn't really bring any sort of main stream attention. UFC 40 albeit there biggest at the time is still amongst the lowest bought ppv's they've ever put on. It's almost in the bottom 25 ppvs. Tito was the biggest guy in notoriety in mma at the time, but it didn't make him a true global superstar cause the sport didn't have the sway at the time to do it. And no it didn't have anything to do with tuf 1's popularity. But you're super naive if you don't think that the fact that chuck headlined the card a week after the TuF finale that brought a huge amount of attention to the sport. Giving him the platform the ascend into super stardom by staching most of the guys who stood in front of him for a while after that date. UFC 52 gave them a new ppv high that they continued to build from which was about double what Tito vs Ken's ufc 40 managed.

I also agree with this.

To me Chuck was really the first star to transcend into mainstream appeal instead of just MMA appeal. Not to say Tito wasn't big, I honestly think Chuck was more well known, making him a bigger star around the globe in the normal eyes of the public. not just MMA.

Yes there was Royce, Shamrock, Tank & Tito, but Chuck was the 1st Superstar of MMA. His character was even on the Simpsons...

Tito is without an doubt the first star the UFC had. 100 percent agreed ts. The UFC are full of shit

i mean you cant discuss chucks legacy and story without mentioning tito

so if tito isnt even mentioned its pretty clear its being done on purpose.

Yes there was Royce, Shamrock, Tank & Tito, but Chuck was the 1st Superstar of MMA. His character was even on the Simpsons...

No Tito was the first star and he made appearances in stuff too. Also he had Punishment athletic and his own gym.

He was a very marketable guy.

Chuck didnt get big until after the UFC hype machine expanded.

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

Dana = Petty-ass, non-business-acumen-havin', adulterous mofo.

(It's not libel if it's true)

Royce ken Tito chuck Randy BJ GSP Silva Forrest Bonnar Brock Rousey were all monumental to the UFC growing to what it did . Tito earned to be among them

Tito had an army of rabid fans. In the early days, I used to watch events at Champs, a Montreal bar, and Tito was the first guy to have such a following.

Still medieval ages. When Tito was a star the sport was niche af. Chuck was very easily the face of the UFC for about 6 years. And he Fucking Destroyed Tito, twice, in their prime, for the belt. Dana has a glass case with Chuck's trunks and bloody gloves from that fight he said it was by his front door he hated Tito that much and loved the daily reminder of those fights. Why be surprised by this?

Tito had an army of rabid fans. In the early days, I used to watch events at Champs, a Montreal bar, and Tito was the first guy to have such a following.
He still does. At Bellator in San Jose vs Mcgeary, thousands were chanting Tito. I was surprised.

Back