The Thing About Matt Brown's Streak

I like the Lombard matchup, I think it gives him the most legitimate claim to a title shot. I'd rather see him fight Condit though

Every one is saying he hasn't beaten a top 10 guy. Which is fair to say! But it's not his fault he's been getting these match ups. He's been wanting the top guys. He was on his way to fighting Condit then the injury bug had to ruin it all. I can see the UFC matching him with either of these three next for sure:

1. Lombard
2. Saffiedine
3. Kim

Why no title shot? Well it seems like even the UFC thinks he needs a top 10 win. Lombard is the scariest fight for him. If Tarec can get healthy...i'd favor Matt by a decent margin. The leg kicks wouldn't be a huge factor due to Matt's pressure. The Kim rematch would be fun. Would favor Matt as well.

Thoughts about the streak?

Well Julio Cesar is 19 and on a 29 fight winning streak.I guess you should just hand him the title in the UFC since opponents don't matter.

You can't just fight Michael Chiesa,Rodrigo Damm,Tony Ferguson and other 20 guys out of the top 10 being on a 20+ winning streak and ask for a title.

Many guys are undefeated against unranked guys,but lose to top fighters.Bisping would be on a 20 fight winning streak if you take out the top guys he fought.

Brown should beat at least 2 top fighters before having his shot.I don't care if he's on a 30 fight winning streak.

Back