Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

ENT ep "Fight or Flight".

Good overall.

T'pol is still a rude bitch, but softening.
Hot hot Hoshi freaks the fuck out when realizing she's in a room full of corpses.
The b story is hot hot Hoshi considering leaving the Enterprise. Her discussion with Phlox about the subject is layered in metaphor.

The central conflict of the story is Captain Archer struggling with his moral versus pragmatic instincts.
TUCKER: (pours iced tea) "I heard they were humanoid. Is that right?
ARCHER: Humanoid.
TUCKER: Did they look anything like us?
ARCHER: They were in uniform.
TUCKER: But you didn't recognise the species.
ARCHER: They were crewmen, murdered on their own ship. Fifteen dead crewmen...
...Must be great not to let things bother you. No remorse, no guilt. What if they were Vulcans? Think you would have reacted the same way?
T'POL: They weren't Vulcans.
ARCHER: I said, what if they were Vulcans. Would you have just left them there, hanging like slaughtered animals? Don't you think maybe you would have taken them down, tried to figure out who they were, made some effort to contact their families?
T'POL: We don't know where they came from. It would be very difficult to locate their families.
ARCHER: We didn't even try. (to Tucker) What about you, what if they were humans? Would you just stick your tail between your legs and run, leave them there to rot? Am I the only one who's having a problem with this?
TUCKER: You said it yourself, sir. Whoever killed those people are probably coming back.
ARCHER: So we should avoid confrontation at any cost, is that what you're saying? Is that what you Vulcans do? Bury your heads in the sand and then just fly on by?
T'POL: We Vulcans would have never gone on board that ship in the first place.
ARCHER: You got an answer for everything, don't you.
T'POL: We have a code of behavior, and we try to obey it.
ARCHER: You may not believe this, but humans have a code of behavior too. It took a few thousand years, but I think we're starting to get it right. I can't believe I almost ignored it."

Last edited:
This synth storyline is the poor man's versions of Voyagers EMH fighting for the rights of holograms

Chakotay? None of these writers know who that is
The writers on the show actually dug pretty deep into the Trek lore.

Chakotay is one of the most wasted characters in Star Trek. He had an awesome back story, and the guy was a great actor, but they just neutered him. They made him so boring

Chakotay is one of the most wasted characters in Star Trek. He had an awesome back story, and the guy was a great actor, but they just neutered him. They made him so boring
Honestly Chakotay even dating seven randomly in the last episode was pretty out of left field

The whole thing was honestly uncomfortable

Yeah he was cool but was quickly turned into Janeways whipping boy

A lot of the Voyager characters started off well enough but you know shit happens

I like Tuvok and EMH probably the best

I think EMH probably has the best episodes but Tuvok also has very good episodes like Flashback and Meld

Yeah he was cool but was quickly turned into Janeways whipping boy

A lot of the Voyager characters started off well enough but you know shit happens
That is why Voyager is my least favorite series. They had great characters, but completely wasted them. They had great story arcs, and set up meaningful consequences from there actions, then a week later they would be totally abandoned. And Voyagers worse sin, sin they HD by far the worst filler episodes of any trek series. Such a shame, because Voyager probably hs the strongest premiere episodes of any trek show

I like Tuvok and EMH probably the best

I think EMH probably has the best episodes but Tuvok also has very good episodes like Flashback and Meld
The doctor and Seven were really the only interesting characters by the end.

More AI learning upgrading star trek. Here is some Voyager in 4k, made by a fan

That is why Voyager is my least favorite series. They had great characters, but completely wasted them. They had great story arcs, and set up meaningful consequences from there actions, then a week later they would be totally abandoned. And Voyagers worse sin, sin they HD by far the worst filler episodes of any trek series. Such a shame, because Voyager probably hs the strongest premiere episodes of any trek show

I was always told that Enterprise was the worst

Funny enough, I watched the first episode yesterday and thought it was pretty good and I like a lot of stuff about it

I like that it doesn't look like a typical Star Trek show. Its much more rough and gritty compared to typical Star Trek.

I like the look of the starship and how it almost resembles a submarine. It's very industrial looking and I dig that a lot.

I like warp 4.5 instead of warp 9.98

I like seeing humans interact with Klingons for the first time

With that said why do people say Enterprise is bad?

Funny enough, I watched the first episode yesterday and thought it was pretty good and I like a lot of stuff about it

I like that it doesn't look like a typical Star Trek show. Its much more rough and gritty compared to typical Star Trek.

I like the look of the starship and how it almost resembles a submarine. It's very industrial looking and I dig that a lot.

Broken Bow was awesome. First season starts a little slow, but ENT is a fantastic show.

Enterprise was I'd say the start of Trek pandering to a mainstream US audience, more in the way of action and jingoism to the fore.

There are some really good episodes early on (particularly the ones relating to the Andorians), but the real slow down comes in season two. It becomes even more monotonous, and they sneak in some lame character development episodes. They try to ramp things up and make season 3 more interesting, but much of the theatrics they add to season 3 is really just disjointed and ridiculous (although there are some decent episodes in that season). In my opinion, they really gave us what we wanted in season 4 of Enterprise.

Last edited:
There are some really good episodes early on (particularly the ones relating to the Andorians), but the real slow down comes in season two. It becomes even more monotonous, and they sneak in some lame character development episodes. They try to ramp things up and make season 3 more interesting, but much of the theatrics they add to season 3 is really just disjointed and ridiculous (although there are some decent episodes in season. In my opinion, they really gave us what we wanted in season 4 of Enterprise.

Season 3 was retarded. Didn't really feel like Star Trek. Captain Archer apparently saves the world and is never heard from again. Get Janeway talks about Kirk in Voyager

That 26 part storyline was trash

And much more enjoy season for when things got back to regular episodes

I'd say the big problem they had was setting themselves up as a "theme" show yet backing away from that, the characters were setup for one kind of show yet ended up being plugged in to more of a revisit of TNG. Without the main federation/maquis plot focused on much the characters didn't have much to play off of.

To be fair I do think it improved, by the time Seven turned up in season 4 a lot of the other characters had devolped a bit more depth and whilst it was never as consistant as TNG there are some very good episodes,

Season 3 was retarded. Didn't really feel like Star Trek. Captain Archer apparently saves the world and is never heard from again. Get Janeway talks about Kirk in Voyager

That 26 part storyline was trash

And much more enjoy season for when things got back to regular episodes
Manny Coto was the main writer in season 4 of Enterprise, and he gave the fans what they were looking for all along. He has also written for some other popular shows like "24." He should have been in charge of these new Star Trek shows. He would not have fucked them up.

Manny Coto was the main writer in season 4 of Enterprise, and he gave the fans what they were looking for all along. He has also written for some other popular shows like "24." He should have been in charge of these new Star Trek shows. He would not have fucked them up.

I'd agree that season is the best "prequel" work we've seen from Trek, finds the correct position between respecting the canon and actually having events of substance plus the series of mini arcs I think suited the show well.

Back