Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

The Odo dieded thread made me remember that DS9 folks did a kickstarter to bring the cast together to discuss the last season that was never made.

Anyone ever get this or know what that last season was supposed to be?
Its all in the great documentary "What We left behind". It's for sale to the general public on Amazon and all the streaming sites for sale. The writer's room portion, they go through the entire process of breaking episode 1 of season 8. You see the whole process and it is an animated comic style. That is only a small portion of the film, which I highly recommend to any Trek fan. They rescanned the original film and reproduced all the DS9 scenes in Glorious HD.

You're talking about what was discussed in that documentary? It circulated more around another character that also will never be on screen again...Nog.
He's part of it. Kurtzman actually said, they might put in a memorial at Star Fleet academy in Picard, for Captain Nog.

maxresdefault.jpg

Its all in the great documentary "What We left behind". It's for sale to the general public on Amazon and all the streaming sites for sale. The writer's room portion, they go through the entire process of breaking episode 1 of season 8. You see the whole process and it is an animated comic style. That is only a small portion of the film, which I highly recommend to any Trek fan. They rescanned the original film and reproduced all the DS9 scenes in Glorious HD.
Thanks. What do you mean by breaking episode 1?

I will check it out on Prime. Is that what you mean by Amazon?

You're talking about what was discussed in that documentary? It circulated more around another character that also will never be on screen again...Nog.

Do you mean the actor who played Nog is dead?

Only 3 star Trek flicks I ever liked was Wrath of Khan, First Contact, and The 2009 flick. The others to me pretty boring n meh.

All the series other than Deep Space Nine IMO boring. But for some reason always liked DS9

Only 3 star Trek flicks I ever liked was Wrath of Khan, First Contact, and The 2009 flick. The others to me pretty boring n meh.

All the series other than Deep Space Nine IMO boring. But for some reason always liked DS9
I liked Wrath of Khan a lot. My favorite though was Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Have you seen that one?

I never cared for First Contact. It's grossly overrated. There too many plot holes and actors out of character.

I liked 2009 when it first came out, but it hasn't aged well.

‘Breaking’ is a tv writer term for when they gather as a group to begin writing a particular episode within a season.

I liked Wrath of Khan a lot. My favorite though was Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Have you seen that one?

I never cared for First Contact. It's grossly overrated. There too many plot holes and actors out of character.

I liked 2009 when it first came out, but it hasn't aged well.
Honestly no ...... after the abysmal 5 I gave up on ST till the First Contact flick. Might watch.

I will check it out on Prime. Is that what you mean by Amazon?

Do you mean the actor who played Nog is dead?
Breaking is them going through the process of establishing the characters and stories for a season. Once they break the story, then they start to break the episodes, so they show how they build out the season, then go through the story for episode 1.

Its not currently streaming for free on any sites, but it is avalible for digital download for like $3. The Blu ray is definetly worth $20 in my opinion, if you want a physical copy

Honestly no ...... after the abysmal 5 I gave up on ST till the First Contact flick. Might watch.
Star Trek VI is greatly entertaining. It is definitely worth a watch. It's also good to keep in mind for context that it was filmed around the time of the Chernobyl disaster, and the politics between the United States and Russia at the time was an influence for the plot of the film.

Last edited:
88 year old William Shatner, has filed for divorce from his 61 year old wife, Elizabeth Shatner. This is Bill's 4th marriage.

Guessing she got too old for good old captain Kirk...

I dont get people who get married after 1-2 failed marriages
whats the point in trying anymore? where do you even get the strength to go thru all that from start

if you find someone you like after failed marriage(s), just date them instead of wanting to marry again

88 year old William Shatner, has filed for divorce from his 61 year old wife, Elizabeth Shatner. This is Bill's 4th marriage.

Guessing she got too old for good old captain Kirk...

Divorce? ... weird. Maybe the pool was empty?

I don't want to sound like an asshole here but who would have bet on William Shatner still being alive - they guy looks like a heart attack

jesus fucking christ... you sick cunt...

Who's a sicker cunt:

1. guy who 'finds' his 3rd wife at the bottom of their pool... and so he calls 911... without getting her out of the pool first

2. guy who makes a gallows humor joke on an interwebz subforum about it

I dont get people who get married after 1-2 failed marriages
whats the point in trying anymore? where do you even get the strength to go thru all that from start

if you find someone you like after failed marriage(s), just date them instead of wanting to marry again
I have a relative who is on his 5th marriage. He has 7 children by 4 of his 5 wives.

Back