Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Well shit. You can't just post that without any details bro.
wikipedia.jpg

@Philo-Publius @Clippy

We know from what Shatner said, but also from Nimoy himself, that he was a pretty heavy alcoholic from the late 1960s until (from what I gathered) the 1980s. So I'd rather say it's surprising he got so old...

@Philo-Publius @Clippy

We know from what Shatner said, but also from Nimoy himself, that he was a pretty heavy alcoholic from the late 1960s until (from what I gathered) the 1980s. So I'd rather say it's surprising he got so old...
I have to imagine Shatner enjoyed a few substances in his day.

Well shit. You can't just post that without any details bro.
He died suddenly of a massive heart attack, while he was coaching a youth soccer game. It was surprising and came out of nowhere. He had suffered from health issues all his life and was only born with one small kidney. That's the reason he was so short. He had a Kidney transplant around 20, and that one lasted him over 20 years. 3 years ago that kidney failed, and nearly died, but a friend donated another Kidney.

I don't want to sound like an asshole here but who would have bet on William Shatner still being alive - they guy looks like a heart attack
Its all that Alien trim

If/when Picard returns for a second season, Chabon will not be showrunner:

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/12/15/star-trek-picard-season-2-showrunner-michael-chabon-exit/
Not surprising. That's a huge money deal for any author. The opportunity to not only sell your show, but to show run and executive produce. Won't shock me if he still writes an occasional episode for Star trek, and is still staying on as producer.

Series creator title =huge money

Bryan Fuller didn't last to produce any episodes of Discovery, but he retains his series creator and executive producer title. Laughing all the way to the bank.

No surprise here. Can't wait ...

In what will bring great joy to fans of the once Next Generation captain and surprise to almost no one in Hollywood, Star Trek: Picard has been given the green light for a second season before its series debut next month.

Like the first season that will premiere on CBS All Access on January 23, Season 2 of the Patrick Stewart-led Picard looks to be a 10-episode order for the streamer. As a part of that second season, the latest venture in the Alex Kurtzman marshaled Trekverse has been allocated over $20.4 million in California tax incentives.

CBS declined to comment on a Season 2 for the Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway and Evan Evagora co-starring series. However, with plans already publicly in place for current showrunner Michael Chabon to shift roles in a second season, the Next Gen alum Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner and Jeri Ryan featuring Picard was clearly going for that next final frontier with seems sure to be a big draw and a flagship show for the relatively new and bulking up subscription-based streamer.

Certainly, the huge reaction that Picard received when the resurrection of the philosopher-captain was first announced in Las Vegas last year and the tax credits made public today were a cold hard cash indication that the CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment produced series was going to engage further, to paraphrase Jean-Luc himself.

That $20.45 million Season 2 of Picard snagged is the most any small screen project has ever been awarded in the California Film Commission run program since then Governor Jerry Brown officially expanded the credits to $330 million a year overall and ditched the much-criticized lottery system in September 2014.

In comparison, the much-anticipated Michael Chabon showrun first season of Picard was awarded $15.6 million this time last year. While a not insignificant chunk of change, that $15.6 million wasn’t even the most awarded series of that November 2018 allocation period, with top dollars of $15.8 million going to the third season of Fox’s Star Trek homage of sorts, The Orville.

Similar to Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard will drop new episodes weekly for Season 1 on CBS All Access and is expected to do the same for the late 2020 or early 2021 penciled in Season 2. With Star Trek: Picard having recently wrapped up its first season, sources tell me that a Season 2 could be making the jump to production warp speed as early as next spring.

I hope they wrote a good story voor Borg drone Hugh.
Maybe he bangs Seven.

IIRC she spearheaded the Save Star Trek campaign when TOS was going to be cut from the roster.
It's how they got a third season (with a slashed budget).
Your thinking of Bjo and John Trimble. Bjo spearheaded the letter-writing campaign. They also helped start up the first star trek conventions. They are still considered trek royalty and are still invited to most premieres and large conventions

maxresdefault.jpg

Your thinking of Bjo and John Trimble. Bjo spearheaded the letter-writing campaign. They also helped start up the first star trek conventions. They are still considered trek royalty and are still invited to most premieres and large conventions

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks for the correction.

Goddamn straight, they're Star Trek royalty!

Back