Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Unless they do another announcement to piss people off (which is admittedly likely), Picard is still airing on Amazon Prime over here. Same with Lower Decks. I already have Prime, Disney+ and Now TV, and my sister has Netflix. Another one is going into piss-taking territory.
Ya there are to many services now. Juat saying paramount Plus is actually a decent service now, compared to when it first came out. I have a buddy who works for prime video, and he said the Star Trek shows do some of the biggest numbers fr them internationally, and they are a huge driver of subscriptions to the other services because you can add a subscription through your Amazon account, so Paramount wants to keep that relationship going, whereas Netflix was just straight ownership of international rights, which they don't want.

Oof. Definitely must have been bad. Never even heard of Pluto TV, but it's on my TV's app store, so at least my sister can watch it, as she behaves herself and doesn't pirate.
Pluto has been around for a few years in the USA. They play tons of Star trek on it.

FtnUQOG.gif

Is it targeted for kids like Avatar was or a younger crowd?

Younger, but only because Avatar had a lot more material suitable for adults. A lot of material in Avatar was for an even younger crowd, but the material and writing were so good any age could enjoy it. I don't thing this show will have that appeal, and it wasn't Trek, I wouldn't continue watching.

Finally got around to watching this excellent documentary on DS9.

Not that it really means anything, but I am quite happy that Aron Eisenberg and René Auberjonois were able to be a part of this and that it wasn't made after their deaths.

Deep Space Nine is such an incredible show.. kinda scary how the episodes that really deal with Earth, our species, and our humanity are still relevant to this day.

Bunch of Star Trek news today

Season 2 of Picard premieres March 3rd. Season 3 has nearly finished filming aswell

Discovery season 4 continues on February 10th, and has offically been renewed for season 5.

Strange New Worlds(captain Pike series) premieres May 5th, and has already been given a season 2 renewal.

Lower decks season 3 coming Summer 2022, and has been given an early season renewal.

Season 2 of Prodigy will be coming late 2022.

Finally got around to watching this excellent documentary on DS9.

Not that it really means anything, but I am quite happy that Aron Eisenberg and René Auberjonois were able to be a part of this and that it wasn't made after their deaths.

Deep Space Nine is such an incredible show.. kinda scary how the episodes that really deal with Earth, our species, and our humanity are still relevant to this day.

Great documentary. The same team in making a Voyager documentary now. It should be released this summer.

If you could cast the next series, who would your lead actor/ captain be? Think of someone realistic who not a A lister, that would actually commit to a multi year show.

My pick is Jimmy Smits. I was rewatching sons of anarchy recently and I just forgot what an amazing actor he is. He had that experienced battle hardened look, but could carry a group of lesser known actors
24-legacy-jimmy-smits.jpg

Last edited:
Without a thorough research of who is available, I would consider:

Salma Hayek
1030902.jpg

William Wallace
DoIQQx2VAAEtoGO

Nic Cage
SKUBENicAsData.jpg

Supporting roles: Whoopi Goldberg, Sam Elliott, Christian Slater, Michael Dorn, Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Forbes, Rosalind Chao, Christopher Macdonald, Kristen Wiig, Jennifer Connelly, Peter Weller, LeVar Burton, Brie Larson, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Dwight Schultz, Kurt Russell, Gates McFadden, Dennis Haysbert, William Dafoe

Last edited:

Trek on every week for the foreseeable future.

Back