Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

I had this opportunity to go work for a computer company, so I did, and then I sort of missed acting and came back after a couple of years. I'm like, "ok, I'm ready, let's go," and the entertainment industry is like, "I'm sorry, who are you?" - Wil Wheaton

I had this opportunity to go work for a computer company, so I did, and then I sort of missed acting and came back after a couple of years. I'm like, "ok, I'm ready, let's go," and the entertainment industry is like, "I'm sorry, who are you?" - Wil Wheaton
I'm pretty sure it was Wheaton who said he kept getting rejected in auditions for not being "edgy" enough, like he needed a crack habit or something.

I'm pretty sure it was Wheaton who said he kept getting rejected in auditions for not being "edgy" enough, like he needed a crack habit or something.

That may be true, but a lack of edge likely helped Wil to land the Crusher role. Having an edge was too taboo for Roddenberry's vision for the future. Did you know that the Wesley Crusher character was based on Roddenberry's perception of himself as an adolescent in the future? Roddenberry's own middle name was, you guessed it, Wesley.

That may be true, but a lack of edge likely helped Wil to land the Crusher role. Having an edge was too taboo for Roddenberry's vision for the future. Did you know that the Wesley Crusher character was based on Roddenberry's perception of himself as an adolescent in the future? Roddenberry's own middle name was, you guessed it, Wesley.
This was after TNG, when he couldn't hired for anything. He ended up doing one of those half hour infomercials, albeit for a product he actually used. He might even have worked for the company when he was out of Hollywood.

This was after TNG, when he couldn't hired for anything. He ended up doing one of those half hour infomercials, albeit for a product he actually used. He might even have worked for the company when he was out of Hollywood.

He was typecast. No doubt about that. It happens to far too many fine actors and actresses.

"Hide and Q" was a rather revealing episode in regards to the inner psychology of Roddenberry. Not only was Wesley (Roddenberry) the ship's boy genius extraordinaire, while retaining his intellectual capacities, he was going to develop into this champion chad, who I am certain the ladies found irresistible. Roddenberry's id in a nutshell.

hideandq_hd_402.jpg

Last edited:
He'd have been the complete Mary Sue after that. Wouldn't have even needed a crew. Wesley could have done everything.

I just remembered I printed out the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition,
on my desk job 10 years ago, and hung the 5 page list on the wall.

Also hung this on the presentation meeting board on October 21 2015

gpEDY4w.jpg
Brilliant. I would love a copy of the rules.

Strange New Worlds is the one series I have hopes for. That, and Disco S4 to a lesser extent.

The kids series might be good, I will have to check it out. But I actually want my kid to want to be a member of Starfleet, be interested in science and technology, be curious and open-minded - not sure this alien consortium will do the trick.
I have no hope for Disco, or Picard, but I want to see what they can do with Strange New Worlds. They act like they know what the og fans want, and claim this will honour its original vision. They have a solid trio to start with, so here's hoping!

Mount is money as Pike, and she's still banging! Spock actor did a good job when he wasn't written to worship Burnham
EvumZDjiFZ2Kvn2wRXhgrg.jpg

I have no desire to watch Discovery anymore the liberal woke bullshit just is too damn much for me.

Take this with a grain of salt, but they do have some specific details, so maybe....

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Remaster Details

While details about the project are still being kept under wraps, The Vulcan Reporter can reveal that this remaster will be developed by FX3X, a VFX company located in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. A 4K scan of the original filmed footage will be used for the remaster. Furthermore, the remaster t 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is n
Has Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Been Remastered Before?

While this might be the first time you’re hearing about an official Star Trek: Deep Space Nine remaster, this is not the first time we have seen officially remastered Star Trek: Deep Space Nine footage.

What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space is a documentary that takes a retrospective look at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, its influence, meaning, and legacy. The documentary was produced by 455 Films and directed by Ira Steven Behr and David Zappone and includes over 20 minutes of remastered footage from the series, including some special effects shots, spanning all seven seasons, which involved scanning 400 reels of 35mm film.

Before the Deep Space Nine documentary was released, fans didn’t even think a Deep Space Nine remaster was possible. Back in 2017, TrekNews.net held an interview with the writer, director, producer, and editor of the bonus features found on The NextGeneration and Enterprise Blu-ray sets, Robert Meyer Burnett. This is what Burnett had to say about the topic of remastering Deep Space Nine (and Voyager) and why it most likely will not happen:

A complicated question with a simple answer; It takes way too much time and money to remaster DS9 and Voyager into HD.

We are now happy to report that a Deep Space Nine remaster is actually in development. Let’s hope that a Voyager remaster is next.

What Other Star Trek Remasters Can We Expect?
unnamed-file.jpg

Robert Picardo and Jeri Ryan in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 6 Episode 4
Deep Space Nine won’t be the first Star Trek series that gets a remaster, as other Star Trek series (and even films) have gotten remastered releases before.

A remastered version of Star Trek: The Original Series was announced for broadcast syndication on 1 August 2006 by CBS Paramount Television. Beginning with the fourteenth episode of the series, the episodes were digitally remastered to 1080p HD video, and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 Surround audio standards. The opening theme was re-recorded in digital stereo with new vocals by Elin Carlson, and William Shatner’s opening monologue was remastered from the original elements. Many of the visual effects were also recreated using CGI by CBS Digital.

It was announced on the 24th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s premiere, 28 September 2011, that the series was set to be remastered. The specifications of the remaster were similar to the remaster of The Original Series (1080p HD video, DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 Surround audio). The remaster was released on Blu-ray and eventually, broadcast syndication in 2012.

blu-ray-review-star-trek-the-next-generation-seizo_4rg1.png

Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray
Even Star Trek: The Animated Series was remastered, for Blu-Ray. The remastered Star Trek: The Animated Series Blu-ray set was released in 2016 as part of the Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection. The remastered versions of the first ten Star Trek films were released from 2009 to 2010, on both DVD and Blu-Ray.
While details about the project are still being kept under wraps, The Vulcan Reporter can reveal that this remaster will be developed by FX3X, a VFX company located in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. A 4K scan of the original filmed footage will be used for the remaster. Furthermore, the remaster will include new VFX that will be created using AI.

Founded in 1997 with a team of just 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film

While details about the project are still being kept under wraps, The Vulcan Reporter can reveal that this remaster will be developed by FX3X, a VFX company located in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. A 4K scan of the original filmed footage will be used for the remaster. Furthermore, the remaster will include new VFX that will be created using AI.

FX3X
FX3X VFX House
Founded in 1997 with a team of just 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film and Television with facilities in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. FX3X now has a dedicated staff of 300 employees worldwide covering the entire gamut from pre-production tasks, on-set work to post-production services. FX3X has worked on previous Star Trek series such as Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard. FX3X will also be working on the upcoming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which follows Captain Christopher Pike, Number One, Spock, and the crew of the USS Enterprise.

Ira Steven Behr
Ira Steven Behr on the cover of the “What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space” poster.
While this might be the first time you’re hearing about an official Star Trek: Deep Space Nine remaster, this is not the first time we have seen officially remastered Star Trek: Deep Space Nine footage.

What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space is a documentary that takes a retrospective look at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, its influence, meaning, and legacy. The documentary was produced by 455 Films and directed by Ira Steven Behr and David Zappone and includes over 20 minutes of remastered footage from the series, including some special effects shots, spanning all seven seasons, which involved scanning 400 reels of 35mm film.

Before the Deep Space Nine documentary was released, fans didn’t even think a Deep Space Nine remaster was possible. Back in 2017, TrekNews.net held an interview with the writer, director, producer, and editor of the bonus features found on The NextGeneration and Enterprise Blu-ray sets, Robert Meyer Burnett. This is what Burnett had to say about the topic of remastering Deep Space Nine (and Voyager) and why it most likely will not happen:

A complicated question with a simple answer; It takes way too much time and money to remaster DS9 and Voyager into HD.

We are now happy to report that a Deep Space Nine remaster is actually in development. Let’s hope that a Voyager remaster is next.

Deep Space Nine won’t be the first Star Trek series that gets a remaster, as other Star Trek series (and even films) have gotten remastered releases before.

A remastered version of Star Trek: The Original Series was announced for broadcast syndication on 1 August 2006 by CBS Paramount Television. Beginning with the fourteenth episode of the series, the episodes were digitally remastered to 1080p HD video, and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 Surround audio standards. The opening theme was re-recorded in digital stereo with new vocals by Elin Carlson, and William Shatner’s opening monologue was remastered from the original elements. Many of the visual effects were also recreated using CGI by CBS Digital.

It was announced on the 24th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s premiere, 28 September 2011, that the series was set to be remastered. The specifications of the remaster were similar to the remaster of The Original Series (1080p HD video, DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 Surround audio). The remaster was released on Blu-ray and eventually, broadcast syndication in 2012.

Even Star Trek: The Animated Series was remastered, for Blu-Ray. The remastered Star Trek: The Animated Series Blu-ray set was released in 2016 as part of the Star Trek 50th Anniversary TV and Movie Collection. The remastered versions of the first ten Star Trek films were released from 2009 to 2010, on both DVD and Blu-Ray.

Besides Deep Space Nine, Star Trek series that have yet to be remastered include Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise. We have some good news though: the production team behind the What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space documentary, 455 Films, is currently crowdfunding for a Voyager documentary. This documentary might include remastered Voyager footage, which would pave the way for a full remaster of the series. Star Trek: Enterprise most likely will not be getting a remaster anytime soon, seeing as how it is the most recent non-Kurtzman Star Trek series released.

Take this with a grain of salt, but they do have some specific details, so maybe....

While details about the project are still being kept under wraps, The Vulcan Reporter can reveal that this remaster will be developed by FX3X, a VFX company located in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. A 4K scan of the original filmed footage will be used for the remaster. Furthermore, the remaster t 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is n

unnamed-file.jpg

Robert Picardo and Jeri Ryan in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 6 Episode 4

blu-ray-review-star-trek-the-next-generation-seizo_4rg1.png

Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray

Founded in 1997 with a team of just 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film

FX3X
FX3X VFX House
Founded in 1997 with a team of just 12, FX3X has grown to become one of the industry’s success stories. FX3X is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film and Television with facilities in Skopje, Macedonia, and Los Angeles, California. FX3X now has a dedicated staff of 300 employees worldwide covering the entire gamut from pre-production tasks, on-set work to post-production services. FX3X has worked on previous Star Trek series such as Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard. FX3X will also be working on the upcoming Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which follows Captain Christopher Pike, Number One, Spock, and the crew of the USS Enterprise.

Ira Steven Behr
Ira Steven Behr on the cover of the “What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space” poster.

Besides Deep Space Nine, Star Trek series that have yet to be remastered include Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise. We have some good news though: the production team behind the What We Left Behind – Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space documentary, 455 Films, is currently crowdfunding for a Voyager documentary. This documentary might include remastered Voyager footage, which would pave the way for a full remaster of the series. Star Trek: Enterprise most likely will not be getting a remaster anytime soon, seeing as how it is the most recent non-Kurtzman Star Trek series released.
Please yes

@JDragon
Here's what the Goat of Star Trek authors had to say today about the jew show Prodigy

Want to know why I'm so excited for STAR TREK: PRODIGY?

It's not just because I worked on it as a consultant. It's because brothers Dan and Kevin Hageman assembled an amazing team of writers and artists to tell stories with wit, humor, brains, and excitement — that are THIS gorgeous.

The writing team at STAR TREK: PRODIGY impressed me consistently with how fresh and new they made the Star Trek universe feel. Then I saw some of the concept art, and I knew that Prodigy would also be one of the most visually stunning incarnations of Star Trek, EVER. These early images from the show confirm that.

Ignore the doubters. The early details about the cast or story that seem confusing now will all make perfect sense later. Put aside your preconceptions of what STAR TREK "must" be. The characters and stories of PRODIGY represent Star Trek's ideals at their best. Get set for an awesome ride.

Back