Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

LOL Shatner is pissed about the fact that he wasn't invited to participate in this and the fact that he was given the smallest profile on the promo poster.

Although, given his recent dust up with the pro-trans crowd, I can't say that I'm surprised.

Sadly Shatner isn't the one running his twitter. He has a marketing team that runs it and acts combatively at all things. Like Shatner would spend hours a day, sending hundreds of tweets at nearly 90 years old. He's newly single and on the search for space poon.

Sadly Shatner isn't the one running his twitter. He has a marketing team that runs it and acts combatively at all things. Like Shatner would spend hours a day, sending hundreds of tweets at nearly 90 years old. He's newly single and on the search for space poon.

Wonder where he found them. I remember years ago George Takei had a very popular social media presence (probably still does) that was like a master at sharing memes, but I stopped following once I realized it wasn’t really Sulu posting any of the shit.

Shatner probably found someone and asked if they could do for him what Takei’s team does for Takei without doing any vetting and ended up hiring some troll.

That recent spat with RLM clearly had little input from Shatner himself. All his team did was make him look foolish too.

Shatner should be allowed to host one of these webinar events if there is an interest. In return, give Bill a spot or two in a few of these new shows. Same with Takei and Nichols, if they aren't retired, which they may be.

Again I think the issue really is that the entertainment industry has picked up on the way tokenism has been used so heavily in politics in recent years, a way of selling someone/thing otherwise without a great deal of substance.

Perhaps because Trek actually birthed the Mary Sue concept it was IMHO quite resistant to it during the TNG era, Westley early on I spose could be argued but I spose but that wasnt really tied into any kind of tokenism.

The difference is when Trek delt with politics it actively delt with them, it didnt just resort to tokenism so you have an episode like Beyond the Stars with Brooks that does actually have something to say about race politics.
That is one of the best fucking episodes ever. I love that one. DS9 is the best series IMO.

giphy.gif

Wonder where he found them. I remember years ago George Takei had a very popular social media presence (probably still does) that was like a master at sharing memes, but I stopped following once I realized it wasn’t really Sulu posting any of the shit.

Shatner probably found someone and asked if they could do for him what Takei’s team does for Takei without doing any vetting and ended up hiring some troll.
George talked about it on the Stern show. He used to do most the tweeting, and if its something involving something serious or a person, he probably dictated the tweet. Otherwise, it's usually interns who work for them, to promote his various businesses and causes. They took over around the time his documentary came out.

Shatner should be allowed to host one of these webinar events if there is an interest. In return, give Bill a spot or two in a few of these new shows. Same with Takei and Nichols, if they aren't retired, which they may be.
Shatner doesn't really give a shit about Star Trek unless it makes him money. Anytime anything officially comes from CBS, he demands way too much money.

Takei is the youngest and most coherent of the remaining TOS members sadly. Nichols has been suffering from dementia, and her family are currently in a lawsuit with her "business Manager" for elder abuse.

Nichols is a special actress. She deserves much better than that.

Koenig likes Star Trek. Onboard him with Takei. They seem to be friends.

You have a bunch of these wildly popular new Star Trek shows. There has to be some sort of compromising agreement to make with Shatner. Time is of the essence.

Here's a video to all the Star Trek day panels. Pretty fun to see all the old casts together.

Final Trailer for season 3 of Discovery

Premieres October 15th in the USA on All-access, Oct 16th Internationally on Netflix.

I wonder if RLM will even bother dissecting STD 3. Might not even be worth it for them to watch that shitshow anymore. Maybe they will just rip on the trailer & move on.

I wonder if RLM will even bother dissecting STD 3. Might not even be worth it for them to watch that shitshow anymore. Maybe they will just rip on the trailer & move on.

Rich Evans can't take the pain

Every time they do a video he objects to being a part of it more and more

Yes to do another one he's just going to scream NOOOOOOO the whole time

Of course they will. How do you think they make their money.

Do we really need to keep seeing videos from this fraud? Maybe we can also share links from his white power, neo-nazi channel? Not a good source, or human being.
The event was live-streamed over multiple platforms. Those are cut up edits from the live stream posted hours later. The event cause #startrekday, to become the #2 top trending topic on earth that day. I'd say that's some pretty good publicity from a free live stream that was announced only a week prior.

Do we really need to keep seeing videos from this fraud? Maybe we can also share links from his white power, neo-nazi channel? Not a good source, or human being.
The event was live-streamed over multiple platforms. Those are cut up edits from the live stream posted hours later. The event cause #startrekday, to become the #2 top trending topic on earth that day. I'd say that's some pretty good publicity from a free live stream that was announced only a week prior.
I just looked on You Tube. Those numbers are only a little higher (e.g. 3.4 K instead of 2.4 K). Those numbers aren't very good because franchises that draw cult followings often draw tens or hundreds of thousands of views. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars

Maybe it is too soon to judge, and maybe he has a point. I have no idea if this poster is a "white supremacist" (as that term gets used like toilet paper these days), but it is irrelevant to whether or not he has a point on this matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back