Media The reasons why GSP is le GOAT

Gsp fans have napoleon complex. When it comes to gso. Always making threads proclaiming gsp the goat. What is already known. Doesn't need to be explained. Which is why you dont see fedor. Asilva or jj fans posting a shit ton of threads saying they are the goat.

The Alvarez fight has a question mark though.
And he has been going downhill since then.

for sure im not even trying to say he’s a goat

I respect when a fighter goes out on their shield that’s about it and Mcgregor is finally starting to do that

Gsp fans have napoleon complex. When it comes to gso. Always making threads proclaiming gsp the goat. What is already known. Doesn't need to be explained. Which is why you dont see fedor. Asilva or jj fans posting a shit ton of threads saying they are the goat.
i ve keep saying it GSP s fangirls/nuthuggers are the most insecure

for sure im not even trying to say he’s a goat

I respect when a fighter goes out on their shield that’s about it and Mcgregor is finally starting to do that

Ok. One thing to be said about Conor is that he keeps on coming back after getting the shit kicked out of him pretty consistently...

Ronda was never on that level though. If Usman leaves now would you call him a GOAT?
The level of female goat? Yes she was. She was the first women’s bantamweight champion, had multiple title defenses, had two dominant victories over the same woman who beat Holly Holm and had a win over a woman who beat Nunes. Plus she was undefeated right up until she lost the belt and went out on her shield in the next one.

As for Usman, I don’t think you understand what I’m saying if you’re asking that question. I don’t think going out on top makes you the goat any more than going out on your shield does. Basically I don’t think it’s a metric worth considering at all because it’s not one we can apply consistently. So no, I don’t think Usman would be the goat if he retired today because he hasn’t surpassed other people on the list in the metrics that I do use.

Got whooped into coast mode for 10 years by a hillbilly and a midget.

I think he’s the goat. 2 weight champion, avenged his only 2 defeats, no decline unlike jones, silva and fedor. Cleaned out three generations of tough ww challengers

I think he’s the goat. 2 weight champion, avenged his only 2 defeats, no decline unlike jones, silva and fedor. Cleaned out three generations of tough ww challengers

Retired after getting battered by Hendricks, no deceny to offer a rematch.

Came back to fight a disabled 1 eyed Bisping who was fortunate to be Champ, the definition of an over achiever.

Came back to fight a disabled 1 eyed Bisping who was fortunate to be Champ, the definition of an over achiever.

Khabib fan here lmao. Retired after three title defences after winning the VACANT title against Al Iquinta to protect his 29-0 record, mostly made of bums. GSP domimated a tough WW division for many years. Oh yeah and Bisping just out-struck Silva and Ko’d Rockhold

Has any fighter ever have learned from their losses the way GSP did? Hughes and Serra made him into an unbelievable champion.

His only two losses were avenged in brutal fashion.

Matt Serra changed GSP's life that night.

Khabib fan here lmao. Retired after three title defences after winning the VACANT title against Al Iquinta to protect his 29-0 record, mostly made of bums. GSP domimated a tough WW division for many years. Oh yeah and Bisping just out-struck Silva and Ko’d Rockhold

Nice, however what I said still stands.

GSP got battered in to retirement, he mentally checked out of the sport after Hendricks molested him for 5 rounds, only this time it wasn't a physical tap like against Serra.

Bisping had the belt but no one considered him the best and that's exactly why GSP went for the belt. When Anderson Silva had the belt GSP didn't want any piece of the 185 strap, coward.

The level of female goat? Yes she was. She was the first women’s bantamweight champion, had multiple title defenses, had two dominant victories over the same woman who beat Holly Holm and had a win over a woman who beat Nunes. Plus she was undefeated right up until she lost the belt and went out on her shield in the next one.

As for Usman, I don’t think you understand what I’m saying if you’re asking that question. I don’t think going out on top makes you the goat any more than going out on your shield does. Basically I don’t think it’s a metric worth considering at all because it’s not one we can apply consistently. So no, I don’t think Usman would be the goat if he retired today because he hasn’t surpassed other people on the list in the metrics that I do use.

Your example makes zero sense. Terrible counterexample. Nunes has proven herself over and over... Ronda has no claim on that no matter what happens. Even if Nunes retires tomorrow she’s the GOAT. There’s no debate.

and

I don’t think going out on your shield takes away from your goat debate but leaving on top certainly does.

perhaps you should think a bit before posting, your counter example made zero sense in this scenario. Ronda has no where near the claim that someone like Aldo, Silva, Jones or Fedor do.

We GSP supporters and Khabib supporters are usually on the same side. WTF you think you are doing?

I disapprove of your stance.

We GSP supporters and Khabib supporters are usually on the same side. WTF you think you are doing?

I disapprove of your stance.

That's cool but what I've said is as true as Khabib having only 3 title defences.

Also it's GSP fans who shit on Khabib to prop up GSP all the time.

I've always maintained it's GSP's permanent 'nice guy' persona which is the reason his greasing and HGH gut get's over looked too.

Serra made him into an unbelievable champion.

He tapped to strikes as the defending champion on his first title defense:

gif8.gif

Your example makes zero sense. Terrible counterexample. Nunes has proven herself over and over... Ronda has no claim on that no matter what happens. Even if Nunes retires tomorrow she’s the GOAT. There’s no debate.

and

I don’t think going out on your shield takes away from your goat debate but leaving on top certainly does.

perhaps you should think a bit before posting, your counter example made zero sense in this scenario. Ronda has no where near the claim that someone like Aldo, Silva, Jones or Fedor do.
Every metric you used to show that Ronda shouldn’t be the goat is different from your previously stated going out on your shield metric. That’s my entire point.

We are in agreement about the general use of litmus testing to establish goat status so I used one where we can agree upon the outcome. It’s just too case by case to be reliable.

Every metric you used to show that Ronda shouldn’t be the goat is different from your previously stated going out on your shield metric. That’s my entire point.

We are in agreement about the general use of litmus testing to establish goat status so I used one where we can agree upon the outcome. It’s just too case by case to be reliable.

you tried to use the nunes v ronda counter example and those two cases are no where near the same cases that the top male fighters have against each other.

I never said anywhere in this thread that because a fighter goes out on their shield that that’s the only criteria that should be used in GOAT cases. But you insinuated that that’s what I was saying with your counter example. Not a fair counter example at all.

I was strictly stating that going out on your shield should be an additional metric added to distinguish between the different goats that are in close consideration. This metric pushes certain top male MMA fighters higher in my GOAT books.

If an avenging every loss, divisional GOAT, who holds the lineal belt in not one, but two divisions, who has 13 title wins, while cleaning out 3 generations of fighters who were higher ranked & had a higher winning percentage compared to every other GOAT's, isn't the GOAT. Quite literally no one is, or will be.

<36>

Some of ya'lls dumb arbitrary reasoning for why he isn't, you could use for pretty much everyone else. Sera? AS has a loss to a negative ratio can. Hendricks?(Weird that he "beat" or "molested" {LOL} GSP into retirement when Hendricks lost, that's how you know you're a GOAT, when a close fight is used against you) Jones vs, Gus 1, Santos, Reyes.

HGH gut/Gyno? Yup the guy who advocated for stronger testing is the guy whose using. Probably just wanted himself to get caught, 5D chess GSP is playing. With absolute zero evidence, besides ya'lls favorite popping, so therefore everyone must be on it. Besides it's weird his HGH gut magically disappears when you're not taking pictures at specific angels, or he's never shown it ever except in a photo he's breathing out in. Hell even I have more "gyno" than him, and I've never touched a PED in my life.

Vasaline? Wasn't him that did it, he never told him to do it, and it literally got wiped off, nor would it have changed the outcome.

Tapping to strikes? Just because he isn't retarded like you doesn't mean he doesn't value his brain. Frank Mir who openly made fun of people tapping to strikes, tapped to strikes, because that shit hurts. GSP then went on to avenge by brutal finish, and become a divisional GoAT, and higher weight champion to cement overall GOAT.

A 15-25 minute destruction & systematic breakdown of their opponent is just as worthy of praise than a finish, if not more so, as some of you will claim certain finishes are "flukes".

And to the ones claiming GSP fans always make threads, are either new fans, or looking through rose tinted glasses to not remember the HUNDREDS of threads claiming Jones & especially Silva were GOAT. Why'd they stop? Well they either continued to pop, or lose, or turn out fights that "they should have lost"(y'all word, not mine) & all while GSP came back 4 years later at a higher weight, to beat the guy who KO'd like, & out struck Anderson Silva. Nobody knew Bisping had 1 eye until relatively recently, & it wasn't enough to deter him from becoming a champ so moot point.

Any other "rebuttals" are dumb as shit merits.

{<jordan}

<36>

<Fedor23>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back