Media The reasons why GSP is le GOAT

All of the GOAT candidates have losses, or popped positive for PED's. And, believe it or not since you're new to this, people didn't go undefeated in GSP's era. GSP basically did a merry go round and beat everyone in the WW division of significance at least once, sometimes twice.

Such a bullshit argument that you could make about every GOAT candidate ever.

- Fedor ran away from the UFC
- Jones ran away from Francis
- Silva ran away from xyz LHW's
- GSP ran away from Silva
- etc. etc.

1. That's MMAth. Doesn't equate.
2. Silva popped positive for PED's, GSP didn't
3. GSP was the smaller fighter, he SHOULD be the one to dictate weight and circumstance. Silva had all the advantages.
1. All the examples you gave were hypothetical. GSP actually cherry picked Bisping than ran away like pool boy who got caught with the trophy wife literally.

2. That's such BS. Make the heavier champ come down in weight is the dumbest shit. They weren't talking about Silva fighting for the WW title. They were talking about GSP fighting for the MW title. GSP just shouldn't have admitted, like Silva with Jones, that he just didn't want to fight him. GSP teased and teased then picked on the weakest male champ in UFC history.

1. All the examples you gave were hypothetical. GSP actually cherry picked Bisping than ran away like pool boy who got caught with the trophy wife literally.

Cherry picked Bisping? What'd he do? KO Rockhold for him?

On top of that there's nothing wrong with GSP choosing to fight a match up that works for him stylistically. It's ridiculous to insinuate that it tarnishes his legacy or something. He literally rode his bike around the welterweight division and fought absolutely all comers, some of them twice. He lost something like 10 rounds total in his UFC career. He always implemented his will and shut down any challenger from any style and background. So explain to me why GSP shouldn't have fought Bisping? Should he said "no" he didn't want to fight Bisping because the certainty of a win was too much? Like wtf are you even trying to say?

2. That's such BS. Make the heavier champ come down in weight is the dumbest shit. They weren't talking about Silva fighting for the WW title. They were talking about GSP fighting for the MW title. GSP just shouldn't have admitted, like Silva with Jones, that he just didn't want to fight him. GSP teased and teased then picked on the weakest male champ in UFC history.

Not that AS should come down to WW, but GSP was the smaller fighter so he should be pushing AS to make concessions, not the other way around. GSP wanted to fight Silva and beat him for legacy purposes, but he wanted to do it intelligently. GSP was cerebral if nothing else and not foolish. For whatever reason Silva and GSP couldn't come to terms, it isn't all GSP's fault. I bet he was very intrigued when Sonnen held him down for 24.5 minutes.

I just don't trash fighters for taking fights they think they can win when it is for the title of the division and he cleaned out the welterweight division for like six years. So he didn't fight the MW you think was more likely to beat him, so fucking what? He beat the champ, he finished him and he took the belt. Not only did he walk the walk but he did it intelligently. All the power to him.

edit: @User4908 avoiding this topic like the plague now that I H-bombed his bullshit casual takes

Last edited:
Cherry picked Bisping? What'd he do? KO Rockhold for him?

On top of that there's nothing wrong with GSP choosing to fight a match up that works for him stylistically. It's ridiculous to insinuate that it tarnishes his legacy or something. He literally rode his bike around the welterweight division and fought absolutely all comers, some of them twice. He lost something like 10 rounds total in his UFC career. He always implemented his will and shut down any challenger from any style and background. So explain to me why GSP shouldn't have fought Bisping? Should he said "no" he didn't want to fight Bisping because the certainty of a win was too much? Like wtf are you even trying to say?

Not that AS should come down to WW, but GSP was the smaller fighter so he should be pushing AS to make concessions, not the other way around. GSP wanted to fight Silva and beat him for legacy purposes, but he wanted to do it intelligently. GSP was cerebral if nothing else and not foolish. For whatever reason Silva and GSP couldn't come to terms, it isn't all GSP's fault. I bet he was very intrigued when Sonnen held him down for 24.5 minutes.

I just don't trash fighters for taking fights they think they can win when it is for the title of the division and he cleaned out the welterweight division for like six years. So he didn't fight the MW you think was more likely to beat him, so fucking what? He beat the champ, he finished him and he took the belt. Not only did he walk the walk but he did it intelligently. All the power to him.

edit: @User4908 avoiding this topic like the plague now that I H-bombed his bullshit casual takes
Imagine if BJ Penn had told GSP to fight at 155....

Back