The reason why Conor trash talk/mental games are failing. (theory)

The UFC wouldn't put terms like that anywhere. They have a White guy with tattoos on his face dropping N-bombs fighting a guy in a Cowboy hat who supposedy does the same thing in private, and while signed to another promotion the same company owned was endorsing a weird Nazi t-shirt company.

Eddie Alvarez played it off like it didn't get to him, but in the fight the effects revealed themselves blatantly.

Conor knows Khabib wont be fazed by trash talk.

this is simple. Conor doesnt want Khabib to drop out. So he is playing nice.

1) hes now rich beyond what hed ever thought he would be, maybe he just doesnt have the energy or need to be that guy (this is where the fight gets tricky if khabib traps him) . 2) He got alpha'd by Floyd in front of the whole world and isnt the same

Didnt he make some geo-political remark and took shots at Khabib's friends and family?

All the trash talk is lame anyway. He probably doesnt want to draw any more attention to the fight than he has too, since he's getting slaughtered.

Alternate theory. Perhaps he is unsure Khabib makes it to the fight and doesn't want to invest too much energy in trash talk until close to fight time.

That's more like an alternate universe.

It is more likely that he knows he is extremely outmatched and will be badly humbled. But as the fight nears I expect Conor to run his motor mouth it's inevitable. He's like Bisping he's hard wired to be a shit talker. Even after that H-Bomb Bisping was still a shit talker. Conor just does it with 100x more charisma which makes him much richer.

But... getting humiliated will sure put a dent in his "king" of MMA status.

I love how people obsess over this meaningless shit. Almost makes you wonder if people are more enamored with the circus surrounding fighting than with the fight itself.

Only on Sherdog would someone conclude that out of all the possible reasons on earth that could be preventing Conor from attacking another mans religion. Its a contract clause.

I think either Conor's heart is not in this or he's shook.

He looks soft and emaciated. A few crappy tweets. Living that fast instagram lifestyle.

Khabib is a killing machine. Conor should proceed with caution.

You are a demented individual.

Trash talking always gets lost in translation.
Why do you think no one trash talked Fedor?

The reason why Conor's mind games aren't working is because Khabib is mentally tougher than Conor given where he has come from and who he is. It was the same situation with Diaz. Diaz couldn't give less of a fuck of Conor's mind games and he showed it.

That video of Khabib confronting Conor backstage at UFC 205 says it all. Usually it's Conor who does confronting and bullying but Khabib went up to him like he was nothing. Conor much like his style I feel cannot handle heat, he loves to dish it out but when it comes to absorbing it himself he wilts.

BUT we haven't seen these guys face off yet or be with each other in the same room at a press conference so who knows.

Last edited:
I can’t wait until all this bullshit is over. Conor’s lack of trash talk has got you guys triggered now? Go fucking figure.
<{hfved}>

I love how people obsess over this meaningless shit. Almost makes you wonder if people are more enamored with the circus surrounding fighting than with the fight itself.

Not to play devil's advocate... but do you know how many premier fights have been postponed or cancelled in the last few years? I'm pretty sure quite a few.

I want to see this fight badly because I'm not a Conor fan and I am a Khabib fan so lets see this boy get humbled I say.

khalabeeb prays 5 times a day to a guy who married a 6 year old and consumated marriage when she was 9, probably before. He deserves to get mocked for that. Should be in jail or exectued but whatever

´ve never seen a B-Side dictate anything...

I like Conor's fighting style, but am rooting for khabib. To say Conor is shook or afraid is non sense. Be honest with yourselves. I feel conor is taking this fight serious and is laying low on the trash talk. I'd like khabib to win and hope he does, if anything, he needs to stay healthy.

khalabeeb prays 5 times a day to a guy who married a 6 year old and consumated marriage when she was 9, probably before. He deserves to get mocked for that. Should be in jail or exectued but whatever

Muslims don't pray to prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Back