The reason why Conor trash talk/mental games are failing. (theory)

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And this coming from a Khabib fan (as a fighter not his persona), I'm completely irreligious and liberal so I don't care about this persona but I love his fighting style. Anyways.. I truly believe that during the negotiations they probably agreed (as part of the contract) to not trash talk on several things (mostly religious topics) and probably other stuff, I'm really can see that might be the case... If there's is one way to get into Khabib's skin that would be anything related to his life/religious views.

Probably a huge fine would be the consequence if Conor insult him with anything regarding religion (directly or indirectly). His trash talk is limited for the first time ever so not at his full potential.

Last edited:
I think either Conor's heart is not in this or he's shook.

He looks soft and emaciated. A few crappy tweets. Living that fast instagram lifestyle.

Khabib is a killing machine. Conor should proceed with caution.

The level Conor needs to take it to rattle Khabib would get him fired in today's PC world. Which is unfortunate because there's a real opportunity for hilarious trash-talk here that won't happen.

I think either Conor's heart is not in this or he's shook.

He looks soft and emaciated. A few crappy tweets. No one hears anything from his camp leading that fast rockstar lifestyle.

Khabib is a killing machine. Conor should proceed with caution.

You really take every social media post to heart. He looks the same as he always does, but since you hate him, he's now "emaciated and soft". Oh, and haters can actually read his mind. Apparently he's "shook" as well. It's not like he's a pro fighter or anything.

Lol there are no clause for that shit.

Conor is just shook and knows an inevitable loss is coming.

Lol there are no clause for that shit.

Conor is just shook and knows he's doomed to lose this one.

You can put any clause in a contract. Why you think is not possible?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Khabib was ready for Conor's trash-talk and mind-games and BAM out of nowhere Conor is all quiet and low-key. And now all of Khabib's mind-game-pre-gaming has left him floundering and unsure, is Conor training hard? Is he soft and unmotivated?! Who knows?! :eek:

It's working on all the haters, perhaps it's working on the man himself!?!

:eek:

Conor is not that smart. It's just that most of you are idiots, so he looks brilliant by comparison. Stop trying to make everything more than it it. Damn, it's embarrassing.

You really take every social media post to heart. He looks the same as he always does, but since you hate him, he's now "emaciated and soft". Oh, and haters can actually read his mind. Apparently he's "shook" as well. It's not like he's a pro fighter or anything.

yup. some guy made a thread yesterday saying conor looked skinnyfat.

He looked like he was at like 13% bodyfat a month before his fight.. how is that skinnyfat lmao

You can put any clause in a contract. Why you think is not possible?
Because that's just dumb. They don't tell fighters what to say and what not to say.

If Conor were to upset people by talking about religion, he would be the one having to deal with the backlash and critisism. The UFC doesn't care. It would be even better for them because the fight gets more attention.

Y'all need to calm down with your theories.

Conor is shook... Khabib lives in his mind...
giphy.gif

The level Conor needs to take it to rattle Khabib would get him fired in today's PC world. Which is unfortunate because there's a real opportunity for hilarious trash-talk here that won't happen.
People who need that shit to get excited for a fight are mental fucking midgets. It has nothing to do with your lame ass, ,PC, bullshit you morons keep whining about. Say whatever the fuck you want. Just don't go bitching when you get sanctioned or fired.

People who need that shit to get excited for a fight are mental fucking midgets. It has nothing to do with your lame ass, ,PC, bullshit you morons keep whining about. Say whatever the fuck you want. Just don't go bitching when you get sanctioned or fired.

Reported

i think conor knows that he would waste time to start a mind game campaign against khabib like against aldo.
when u do that stuff in literally every fight the next opponent will mentally prepare for that...
and conor doesnt want to make media in his fight preperation.. so what should he say?

but i expect that conor will shoot fire when the press conference starts and khabib just responds with the chicken line.. and sherdog will have fun again.

Because they've not even really started.

Last edited:
And this coming from a Khabib fan (as a fighter not his persona), I'm completely irreligious and liberal so I don't care about this persona but I love his fighting style. Anyways.. I truly believe that during the negotiations they probably agreed (as part of the contract) to not trash talk on several things (mostly religious topics) and probably other stuff, I'm really can see that might be the case... If there's is one way to get into Khabib's skin that would be anything related to his life/religious views.

Probably a huge fine would be the consequence if Conor insult him with anything regarding religion (directly or indirectly). His trash talk is limited for the first time ever so not at his full potential.
That is just silly. He can talk about whatever he wants. Why would he talk about religion? What can he say that hurts Khabib more than it would hurt Conor? Conor is not an idiot.

Alternate theory. Perhaps he is unsure Khabib makes it to the fight and doesn't want to invest too much energy in trash talk until close to fight time.

Back