The reason why Conor trash talk/mental games are failing. (theory)

Alternate theory. Perhaps he is unsure Khabib makes it to the fight and doesn't want to invest too much energy in trash talk until close to fight time.
That would make sense but I don't think it's true. IMO if Conor was unsure Khabib makes it to the fight he would be calling on him not to back out. It's the best way to mess with a guy who deals with injuries or has a history. Conor did that to Aldo and it worked

Conor can't be as hungry after getting the payday against Floyd. Even though he'll make great money for this fight it will be what less then half probably, he likely doesn't look at the ufc or mma the same after getting that kinda payday. Conor's not stupid he knows this won't last long he's probably already thinking about how many fights before he walks away.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Khabib was ready for Conor's trash-talk and mind-games and BAM out of nowhere Conor is all quiet and low-key. And now all of Khabib's mind-game-pre-gaming has left him floundering and unsure, is Conor training hard? Is he soft and unmotivated?! Who knows?! :eek:

It's working on all the haters, perhaps it's working on the man himself!?!

:eek:
Someone gets it.
Conor is a master of strategy.
Real Art of War type sh*t.
They were preparing for a barrage of bluster and insults with their own responses.
But Conor flipped the script and went ninja stealth mode.
Theyre never gonna see him coming.

Conor is hardly going to come out attacking Muslims, that's career suicide these days.

Conor can trigger Khabib in seconds and he will when they meet at the presser. Khabib was shook and triggered just by Conor staring at him at UFC 205.

Someone gets it.
Conor is a master of strategy.
Real Art of War type sh*t.
They were preparing for a barrage of bluster and insults with their own responses.
But Conor flipped the script and went ninja stealth mode.
Theyre never gonna see him coming.
CornyValidAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

If you are as famous as conor, talking shit about islam would not be a smart move.

You can’t really trash talk with a guy who doesn’t speak English
While Khabib doesnt have the best language skills, he does speak english, i can see your point tho.

Because that's just dumb. They don't tell fighters what to say and what not to say.

If Conor were to upset people by talking about religion, he would be the one having to deal with the backlash and critisism. The UFC doesn't care. It would be even better for them because the fight gets more attention.

Y'all need to calm down with your theories.
They have fined fighters before and Torres was cut for his rape joke. UFC definitely cares.

You can put any clause in a contract. Why you think is not possible?
The more buttons Conor pushes, the more ppvs they will sell. Seems counterintuitive to me. I guess it’s possible since this is the wme era, still seems unlikely though.

He is probably waiting until the last minute to try and get under his skin if I was guessing. That way there’s less time for Khabib to cool down and stick to the gameplan..

Do you really think the greatest fighter of our generation does anything without planning every detail?

Floyd, can he even read? Or do you mean Conor? Yeah a failed plummer is the mastermind of all of this. You must come from a different generation than I do.

yea sure then why did he accept the fight? he doesn't need khabib to make money so,,,
With his cocaine and spending habits he realized that the Floyd money wasn't going to last forever so he took the fight.

Sorry but just like mayweather got to write the boxing match contract, so does conor for the ufc match against khabib. Anti muslim is bad pr. Simple as that.

Back