The real reasons DJ gets no respect.

The difference is that every post about Barao wasn't about his teeth.

Actually it seemed like half of the posts about Barao were about his appearance, whether it was teeth or his tattoo of Kuato or looking like Max Shreck in full costume.

I hate this style of "stay away and pray" fighting that he seems to do. Even though he finishes guys I just don't get excited.

He's the definition of a Jacksons MMA point fighter (i know Condit isn't yada yada) except with more volume. He still doesn't pose much threat other than giving his opponents vertigo from bouncing around the cage everywhere.

Actually it seemed like half of the posts about Barao were about his appearance, whether it was teeth or his tattoo of Kuato or looking like Max Shreck in full costume.
Well they weren't, and no one mentioned his teeth to disparage him as a fighter.

He's the definition of a Jacksons MMA point fighter (i know Condit isn't yada yada) except with more volume. He still doesn't pose much threat other than giving his opponents vertigo from bouncing around the cage everywhere.
Here's your disrespect. This guy can't even bother to look at the fightfinder before talking nonsense.

If it was because he's small, why is Conor McGregor, a featherweight, UFC's biggest star?

Who even is checking for Heavyweights right now?

Wanna know the real reason?

5'3

i agree, i think it's a mental thing. Fans look at Werdum or DC or The Chris, and they think.. "oh man he would kick my ass." and they are ok with thinking that....

they dont want to admit that DJ would wipe the floor with them because he's 5'3 and the avg sherdogger is 6'4 230 ripped steel. It messes with the self perception of the avg sherdogger that someone that short could kick their asses, so they transform that into DJ hate.

same thing with Ronda, but replace height with "GIRL" ...

The little guy gets less respect, that's not gonna change.

No doubt. Morons will always litter the world with their anti intellect. I ask people who talk bad about smaller guys why it matters and they never have a real answer.

My biggest thing is at that weight they are so good and lack power you rarely see exciting finishes. I also think people see the things some of these smaller guys do. Like MM's little introduction thing or his dodson's weigh in little thing. People think they are just doing that because they are little guys trying to stand out and get noticed, that might be true.

The only guy who has ever beaten him is Cruz. That speaks volumes. He beat everyone but the champ a weight division higher.

He's the only champion that has the public perception, based on any subjective metric, that would lose to other champions top to bottom.

Honestly, if he went up to 135 and beat TJ, I still don't think he would be popular. Its just him. Call me crazy, but if Uncle Creepy had been the one to win that tournament and was champ today I truly believe he'd be a helluva lot more popular.

boxing fans like lighter weight classes, not sure why mma fans don't

staples center tonight was off the chain yo

i think it has more to do with allowing yourself to be nicknamed mighty mouse than anything

also that stupid pose he does

and he looks weird, he needs some hair or tattoos somewhere

Honestly, if he went up to 135 and beat TJ, I still don't think he would be popular. Its just him. Call me crazy, but if Uncle Creepy had been the one to win that tournament and was champ today I truly believe he'd be a helluva lot more popular.
Be careful what you wish for. The way trolls describe DJ is actually how McCall fights. After a few snoozers, you'd be begging for DJ to finish him.

People that don't like him probably don't understand what they're seeing, similar to how many "fans" viewing a Mayweather fight may perceive it as boring.

I think he is more popular than Joana champion dillashaw and RDA, he is very small though.

Be careful what you wish for. The way trolls describe DJ is actually how McCall fights. After a few snoozers, you'd be begging for DJ to finish him.

Fighting style doesn't matter. You've been here since 2004, haven't you learned?

GSP had snoozer after snoozer and still was the highest paid fighter in the company. It didn't matter that he played it safe in every fight. Uncle Creepy has a similar fighting style to DJ, the difference is he's a lot more interesting to to listen to.

The reason he doesn't get respect is because he's boring as fuck to watch. He evades in striking & stalls in grappling. The fact that he's 5'2, has jug ears & has Joe Rogan excessively slobbering over his nuts makes it all the more easy to hate on him.

The fact there aren't on marketable opponents for him other than dodson and benavidez doesn't help either

Back