The 'real' reason why Gaethje hasn't signed for a fight yet according to a channel.

But your logic on Gaetche waiting to fight Chandler makes no sense. They should fight regardless for the number 1 spot.

If Dustin waits for Conor or fights Nate, Gaethje is in the #1 spot without having to fight Chandler or anyone. That was the point of the post.

Abdelaziz might be thinking that Poirier will not sign a fight with Oliveira and wait for Conor. This makes Gaethje the next in line against Chandler.

If Dustin waits for Conor or fights Nate, Gaethje is in the #1 spot without having to fight Chandler or anyone. That was the point of the post.

If that was the point than why does OP say Poirier will wait for Conor followed by "This makes Gaethje the next in line against Chandler".

OP isn't suggesting what you and I am sure most of us would expect. He is literally saying Gaethje will fight Chandler if Poirier waits for Conor or Nate. It is one of dumbest post on here that I have ever seen getting so much attention.

The logical thing that is happening is what you suggest. Gaetje is waiting because Dustin might wait for Conor which opens up a title match for Gaetje vs Oliveira by the end of the year.

OP is saying a totally different thing, he could have meant to say what we expect, but he didn't and we shouldn't assume.

Not if Dustin has the belt. Dustin's best route would be Nate then Conor.
If Dustin has the belt he won't have it forever. He can fight Conor in 10 years for all it matters. Dustin has to be Conor's next fight but he doesn't need to be Dustin's next fight.

IMHO, there is virtually zero chance that Poirier waits on Conor (who might not even come back).

From the UFC's perspective, Poirier has gained a lot of attention with these last few fights...I think the UFC wants him in the title fight next, because the casuals don't give a shit about Charles. Dustin sells that fight.

Poirier has already made a pile of money by using Conor...so the money motivation (while obv still there) is likely not going to be such an overriding factor in his decision the way it was when he turned down the title shot last time. If he beats Charles, he will be a champ getting PPV points and the 4th Conor match probably still happens at some point anyway. If he loses to Charles, then the Conor rematch is *definitely* still on the table, and probably sooner rather than later. At this point, Poirier is making $$$ regardless...but not if he sits out.

Finally, never underestimate UFC matchmaking fuckery...an immediate title shot could easily be orchestrated for Conor if/when he returns, regardless of whether Poirier wins, losses, or sits out.

IMHO, there is virtually zero chance that Poirier waits on Conor (who might not even come back).

From the UFC's perspective, Poirier has gained a lot of attention with these last few fights...I think the UFC wants him in the title fight next, because the casuals don't give a shit about Charles. Dustin sells that fight.

Poirier has already made a pile of money by using Conor...so the money motivation (while obv still there) is likely not going to be such an overriding factor in his decision the way it was when he turned down the title shot last time. If he beats Charles, he will be a champ getting PPV points and the 4th Conor match probably still happens at some point anyway. If he loses to Charles, then the Conor rematch is *definitely* still on the table, and probably sooner rather than later. At this point, Poirier is making $$$ regardless...but not if he sits out.

Finally, never underestimate UFC matchmaking fuckery...an immediate title shot could easily be orchestrated for Conor if/when he returns, regardless of whether Poirier wins, losses, or sits out.

If Poirier loses against Oliveira and fights Conrat this will change a lot.
Nobody will take Poirier as the best light weight.
If Poirier gets choked out by Oliveira in the first round the hype for the Conrat fight will be less.

The reason why Gaethje hasn't signed a fight with Chandler yet is because of his manager Abdelaziz (according to a channel).
As long as the fight between Poirier and Oliveira is not signed Gaethje won't sign for a fight.
Abdelaziz might be thinking that Poirier will not sign a fight with Oliveira and wait for Conor. This makes Gaethje the next in line against Chandler.
If Poirier accepts a fight with Charles and wins the fight with Conrat is gone.
You can't let Conrat fight for a belt after 3 losses in the LW.
Poirier will make 10 times more money with Conrat.
The smartest move for Poirier is to fake a hip injury and wait for Conrat.
Why should he fight for less than a million against Charles while he can wait for Conrat and make 10 million?

View attachment 869393

Why do so many scheme or want to scheme in this world...

The smartest play would be to do your job while your healthy and still can which is to fight....

I swear everyone is just to out fuck everyone else for money...

Greed is real

Sitting around waiting at Dustins age seems strange ....he be better off calling out Nate now and then Conor

Why do so many scheme or want to scheme in this world...

The smartest play would be to do your job while your healthy and still can which is to fight....

I swear everyone is just to out fuck everyone else for money...

Greed is real

Every fight can be your last fight.
Fighting is not basketball, football or tennis.
You can be serious hurt and can be your last fight.
You would do the same thing if you had a family.

Conor may never return and if he does - ain't going to be for a long time.

Oliveria v Poirier is inevitable.... and not for nothing - pound for pound - one of the best fights to put together ( if not , thee best).
I'd promote the fuck out of this one.... and I see it delivering.
I'd try and put Beneil, Justin and Islam agsinst Chandler & best available....keep them winning.
They can really milk this division.....lol, WITHOUT THE IRISH NAPOLEON.

..... and loving it.

By the by, If Dustin fights Nate - it won't be at 185. The fight would be at 170 but , again, I really think it's time for bronx- DP.

Dustin made a few million on easy work a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
He's still recovering from the emotional knockout from this Facebook interaction
218434664_527477425342927_4812772842684155436_n.jpg
Semantics but She said like, as in similar, without the tattoos or something, not exactly this guy. Guess she also answered her own question on why.

Justin should level up his white belt skills before he worries about fighting for a belt again.

dustin already beat gaethje. if he goes and beats olivera. what will be the selling point ? gaethje coming off the worst lw championship performance goes to fight for a title again? against a guy who already soundly beat him

Back