The REAL reason Khabib will never be in GOAT contention in the eyes of the critics..

One of the most stacked before Jones?
Who exactly?
Let's say it's true. You admitted that Jones came after it was stacked.
9 out of 10 opponents of Jones had 1 or 2 win streaks when fighting Jones.
He even fought Chael Sonnon who got a titlefight after losing. Jones defended a title against an opponent who came from a loss.<45>
That's called a title defence but in reality it's a joke.
Not to mention that Jones fights with a huge reach advantage and all fights start on the feet.
Khabib has to start on the feet with mostly a reach disadvantage.
It's 100 times harder for a fighter with a reach disadvantage to close the distance than for a fighter with a huge reach advantage to keep their opponents at distance. Jones only has to use his front kick to the knee to keep the fight in distance which is very easy to do for a fighter with a huge reach advantage and win the fight.
You said that Khabib has a style which is dominant. No it's not. He is pressuring amd has to get his way threw punches.
It's Jones that can chill in the middle of the octagon fully relying on his huge reach advantage and chill untill someone enters the distance to kick them out.
Khabib has to go threw punches to get to his game which is 1000 times harder.
It's not even close for me.

Bro i mean there is so much wrong with your post i dont even know where to start.
Saying Jones has a reach advantage over all LHWs and that makes his wins less impressive? Are you out of your mind?

Saying Jones fought guys on short winning streaks when Khabib won the title against Al Iaquinta?
dc gif (2).gif

Your assesment of how both of their fighting styles work also shows me you have never trained MMA yourself nor have you any clue what you are talking about, thats literally the worst explaination of their fighting styles i have read and your takeaway is even worse. Jones is not the greater fighter, because he could just chill in the middle of a fight? WTF dude?

Like I said, excuses over excuses.

Bro i mean there is so much wrong with your post i dont even know where to start.
Saying Jones has a reach advantage over all LHWs and that makes his wins less impressive? Are you out of your mind?

Saying Jones fought guys on short winning streaks when Khabib won the title against Al Iaquinta?
View attachment 814863

Your assesment of how both of their fighting styles work also shows me you have never trained MMA yourself nor have you any clue what you are talking about, thats literally the worst explaination of their fighting styles i have read and your takeaway is even worse. Jones is not the greater fighter, because he could just chill in the middle of a fight? WTF dude?

Like I said, excuses over excuses.

Even Iaquinta was on a 5 win streak before fighting Khabib.
He was 5-0 and 8-1 before fighting Khabib.
Yes Jones relies completely on his huge reach. It's not even an opinion but a fact.
That's why he always uses the front kick to the knee (this should be forbidden in my eyes).

Yes Jones relies completely on his huge reach. It's not even an opinion but a fact.
That's why he always uses the front kick to the knee (this should be forbidden in my eyes).
Khabib cant be Goat because he uses Dagestani handcuff (which should be forbidden in my eyes)

So after all its just your personal preference?

Honestly I dont know if hes seperated himself in that discussion yet either. What he has going for him is his undefeated record and 4 title defenses. However BJ and Benson both have 3 title defenses of their own. They also have more top 10 wins against comparable or even better competition. Gomi as well.

People overlook just how his wins came around.

Nobody in any weight class has displayed the level of domination that Khabib has.

Who is more GOAT

A. With 30 wins, 15 via decisions and 5 via split.

B. With 15 wins, 10 stoppages and 5 decisions.

Khabib's last 3 fights were against fighters who had held the division championship or interim championship and he finished all 3 of them decisively.

Khabib cant be Goat because he uses Dagestani handcuff (which should be forbidden in my eyes)

So after all its just your personal preference?

I've already said that it's subjective. Read my comment back.

Yes these front kicks to the knees should be forbidden. It's a very dangerous kick which ruins your knees and career of fighters.
Thiago Santos is an example that these kicks should be illegal.
You can kick sideways. There is no need for a dangerous front to a closed knee which is devastating for the knee.

I've already said that it's subjective. Read my comment back.

Yes these front kicks to the knees should be forbidden. It's a very dangerous kick which ruins your knees and career of fighters.
Thiago Santos is an example that these kicks should be illegal.
You can kick sideways. There is no need for a dangerous front to a closed knee which is devastating for the knee.
Thats a completly different argument that about who is Goat?
Thats like saying Fedor cant be considered because Back in the day footstops were legal.
These things have nothing to do with who is Goat.
Just another way of shifting the discussion, creating yet another straw man to attack.
Khabib resumee is worse than Jones, Andersons, GSPs and Fedors by a lot. Its honestly more comparable to Aldo.

Nah it's because he has only faced 13 opponents in the UFC and fought scrubs before that. Also how many guys has he beat that were top 5 when he fought them? Like 3 or 4? Then there's the missing weight twice thing.

OP cannot separate his love for a fighter from the argument of said fighter not having enough title defenses for GOAT consideration when compared to other greats. Doesn't want to argue this point so looks for any reason to discredit champs with far more title defenses. OP also thinks there is some conspiracy against Khabib (probably because he is Muslim).

I don't have "ride or die" fighters anymore (I'm too old for that) and I strongly dislike Khabib but if he had dismantled 2 to 3 more guys then even I would have declared him a possible GOAT or at least alongside Fedor, GSP, and Jones. Khabib would more than likely steamrolled anyone he had faced over the next few years, I will grant that for sure.

Khabib fanboys are hilarious. Khabib has a weak resume compared to the other GOAT contenders and it will only get worse with time. He also has fewer fights than them at the highest levels of competition in MMA... I dont hold the title defence count against him since he shouldve had the title shot a while back, but going up in weight wouldve have meant a lot more.

I’m sorry but Dan Hardy Is not someone who’s analysis I hold in high regard.

That's DISGUSTING! HOW CAN YoU Not HAVE SEEN THaT THiS SENTENCE NEEDED TO BE sTOPPED? ITS DANGEROUS, BUT I SHOULD PROBABLY STOP SHOUTING!!!! ( I JUST WANT ACCOUNTABILITY HERB DEAN!).

That's DISGUSTING! HOW CAN YoU Not HAVE SEEN THaT THiS SENTENCE NEEDED TO BE sTOPPED? ITS DANGEROUS, BUT I SHOULD PROBABLY STOP SHOUTING!!!! ( I JUST WANT ACCOUNTABILITY HERB DEAN!).
I’m so confused lmao

Thats a completly different argument that about who is Goat?
Thats like saying Fedor cant be considered because Back in the day footstops were legal.
These things have nothing to do with who is Goat.
Just another way of shifting the discussion, creating yet another straw man to attack.
Khabib resumee is worse than Jones, Andersons, GSPs and Fedors by a lot. Its honestly more comparable to Aldo.

I already gave you the criteria. Your criteria don't make any sense.
You try to create criteria that a title defence against Chael Sonnon is the same as a title defense against Poirier for example.
I just give you an example that it should be measured by quality.

Please leave Jones out. He has been caught using doping.
They turned these fights into No Contest instead of losses. How does that even make sense.

Why he is not considered the goat? Very simple, because his body of work isn't as impressive as a GSP or a Jon Jones, that's a fact.

That's a minority view. The lack of title defenses and Jones' defenses will be brought up.

Jones fighting through adversity is rarely brought up. His streak is, the belts, how long he's been on top. The media already asks Dana about it and they both agree. As should fans.

The discrepancy between defenses and also overall competition isn't much of a debate. The most accomplished fighter from AKA ever is DC. Jones killed him twice.

I already gave you the criteria. Your criteria don't make any sense.
You try to create criteria that a title defence against Chael Sonnon is the same as a title defense against Poirier for example.
I just give you an example that it should be measured by quality.

They turned these fights into No Contest instead of losses. How does that even make sense.
bahaha. Do you even read what you are writing?

lmfao shut up

you've been #casualized.

Back