The REAL reason Khabib will never be in GOAT contention in the eyes of the critics..

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.

Last edited:
Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.
That’s literally never the reason I see anyone argue against him being a goat contender. It’s always a resume issue.

That’s literally never the reason I see anyone argue against him being a goat contender. It’s always a resume issue.
I've seen it argued by dan hardy and the like. This is just one clip but dan hardy's lives by the mantra you learn more from your losses than wins. A writer from the fight site always held the fact khabibs never lost or had to battle some adversity to win

I don't think these views are on the minority. I think only few will verbalize it. Every next fight is the toughest test for khabib until it isn't.

When khabib wins against the tough tests, it's because Conor partied and didn't have a focused camp. It's because Dustin and Justin were both afraid of the TD, etc etc. Lol

Not getting ko'd or tapping to strikes is weakness

I've seen it argued by dan hardy and the like. This is just one clip but dan hardy's lives by the mantra you learn more from your losses than wins. A writer from the fight site always held the fact khabibs never lost or had to battle some adversity to win

I don't think these views are on the minority. I think only few will verbalize it. Every next fight is the toughest test for khabib until it isn't

I’m sorry but Dan Hardy Is not someone who’s analysis I hold in high regard.

The most common arguments against Khabib are
1. Less title defences compared to GSP, Jones (Completely disregarding the fact that he and Tony struggled to get title shots due to UFCs favoritism of Conor .Both had to win like 9-10 in a row before they got one)
2. Didn't face any elite wrestlers. (as if its Khabibs fault that no elite wrestler ever reached top 5)
3. Didnt go up a division . (Why? Just like Usman, Colby will get severely outmatched in all physical attributes in MW similarly Khabib will face the same issues at WW so it makes zero sense)

The arguments against Khabib are frankly very weak .

Nah. Overcoming adversity is definitely a sign of greatness, but you know what's arguably even better? Being so damn good that no one can force you to experience it. You can't say someone isn't the best because they're too good and should let people succeed against them more haha. Hardy can spout the "You learn more from wins and losses" mantra (and in that sense Hardy has learned a lot haha), but if you're good enough to just dominate everyone then how is that a bad thing? If Khabib kept fighting and went 50-0 without losing another round, would people be like "He's undefeated and was never in trouble; he can't be the best ever! Where's his ability to overcome adversity!" I don't think they would. Not to say Khabib is infallible, but if he's good enough to almost appear that way...shouldn't that hold some weight when considering how great he is? I mean it'd be one thing if he was fighting weak competition and never faced adversity, but that's obviously not the case.

To me the reason Khabib isn't the GOAT is simply because he hasn't put in the time on top. Guys like GSP, Jones, Fedor, and Silva spent years on top defending their spot, and Khabib retired before he could do that. If he kept fighting for a while longer and kept winning he'd have a much better claim, and maybe he'd even face some of that coveted adversity you think is most important. Is he the current best p4p (the title he asked for) though? That I totally believe he is.

There are fighters that have accomplished more in the sport than Khabib. It's as simple as that. If he wants to be known as the GOAT, he's going to have to stick around and do more shit.

man you post too much. take a damn break

For me the issue is injuries/inactivity and not enough ranked wins or title defenses. But beating Conor, Poitier and Gaethje back to back ranks up there with just about any 3-fight streak in the sport

I’m sorry but Dan Hardy Is not someone who’s analysis I hold in high regard.
Fair point! Lol.

But I'm sure there's others like him. Just look at joe rogan for example. Overselling michael johnson's left that khabib ate as well as saying khabib did terribly.

DJ himself in addition to the other ancillary things about Jon Jones mentions Jon is winning in multiple ways.

Kevin holland says khabib was a one trick pony until he faced gaethje. I think the criticism is there even if it's not always verbalized

No thanks. Just place me on ignore.
i dont need to put you on ignore, im just telling you should take a break. you getting paid to talk about khabib and chandler or what?

Back