The REAL reason Khabib will never be in GOAT contention in the eyes of the critics..

He simply didn't fight enough top guys imo. His career to this point has been nearly flawless though on a level I've never seen in such a competitive division. To me Khabib's career is similar to if Jones had retired after the Texiera fight. Dominant wins(and no PEDs or scandals at that point for Jones). Though, even by that point Jones had had a struggle vs Gus. So if you're one to extrapolate his ability out to a longer career(dangerous thing to do in MMA) then he has a strong argument for GOAT. But so do like 4-5 other guys using different metrics. And I wonder how we would rate Jones if he retired after that fight and disappeared.

Just to keep it simple. Put a list of people Jones has beaten down beside a list of who khabib has beaten.

list that fighters ranking at the time. Who’s list is more impressive.

spoiler. It’s Jones. Two undefeated fighters one has a much better win record. It’s a clear choice here.

Khabib isn’t top 5 let alone GOAT

it's not devastating, it's injurious, and so what?

It's the knee which is essential for walking, movement everything.
Elbows from up and down and kicking people on the ground are also forbidden.

I would like to see these kicks to ne forbidden. Less high risk career ending injuries and fighters can close the distance easier which means higher pace and morr exciting fights.

Reach advantage is like me holding a baseball stick in my hand and keep a fighter at distance.

Khabib hasn't defended the title enough. His resume shows he hasn't fought that many top elite fighters.

How many guys has he fought were in the top 5 at that time? Gaethje, Poirier, McGregor, Iaquinta that's about it?

I'd say if he had 3-4 more title defenses he'd be GOAT.

I actually really enjoyed reading your post, it’s absolutely hilarious and true. I’ve lived and spent time in a few underdeveloped countries, the harsher living conditions makes the people much more likely to succeed when their work ethic intersects with more advanced means. But, anyone who’s actually well travelled can tell you that the people that have that singular driving focus (like Khabib through Abdulmanap) while lacking all the external distractions (21st century life) can and do achieve great things...
If anything more people not liking him is better.

Lets look at Americans, they have been taught that they are the strongest, toughest, most powerful, smartest, most advanced, and have the best athletes.

And one mountain hillbilly with a 14th century mentality from a little village in a place they didn't even know existed came and dominated and basically embarrassed the best they had offer and retired without getting scratched.

Khabib has made people like @D 1 Wrestler question everything they have been taught in life. These people will never call him a GOAT, but when they go to sleep at night they will forever be haunted by PTSD inflicted on them by the Eagle, this means so much more than subjective GOAT talk.

Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.
He's the best lightweight up to this point. Over all GOAT & pound for pound are stupid arguments.

To me Khabib's career is similar to if Jones .
As I said earlier, Jones is an American, it's far easier to reach and fight in UFC if you are a talented fighter from America, or if you live close to that region.

A Dagestani Muslim, who is from East Europe, who also can't speak English, getting successful in UFC was never heard of before. Khabib pave the way for people like Khamzat in UFC. (yes Fedor is Russian too, but he didn't fight in UFC, he went from another direction, and the region and traditions of Fedor is different than a Dagestani). Jones pave the way for no one, it was easy for him to reach there as an American but instead he made terrible mistakes and he ended up as a steroid cheater.

Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.
What an embarrassing take.

no, the real reason why Kabib will neber be the GOAT is because he is not GOAT material, it is what it is.

his resumee will not preserve the decade, the only guy who will somehow be remembered is Conor, the rest of his Top10 wins is just random TOP10 dudes who come and go without ever getting a title or any fame other than the time they challenged the champ.

there is a good reason why he is the only fighter in the GOAT talks where more than 50% dont even think he believes in the TOP5 goad ranking, let it go to be GOAT #1 in general, LOL!

Adversity is just drama or a story that makes fights more interesting. It is not reflection on ability or talent. Old George Foreman's run on the hw belt was a good story even though he was one of the weakest hw champ ever.

quality of competition was a distinct step lower than fedor, anderson, gsp or jones.

Time is usually our answer. The fighters ability to keep himself as the best for a long time. Aldo didnt lose for years, faced strikers, wrestlers, until he lost. Andy also managed that without tdd and with his clownning. Jones, fedor. We have those big names brought over and over for a reason.
Imho, for someone to be considered goat he must be in there for a long Journey. He cant retire early and be in the discussion, regardless if he retires with a perfect record. Thats why gsp aint in my list, he left too soon
Khabib is definitely on his way to join this group, maybe even be the best of them if he manages to keep those ridiculous numbers. Not there yet tho
I totally agree with all of that except I personally do put GSP there. Honestly I think he left/retired at the perfect time. He'd already shown the ability to overcome adversity and he'd spent years ruling over 170 with an iron fist, and he started to show a bit of decline even before the Hendricks fight. Most people think he lost that fight (me included), but regardless it was a display of him facing facing some adversity and taking the fight back in the championship rounds. He really didn't have much else to prove at the time other than whether or not he could beat a younger Hendricks who in his peak more decisively. Leaving was a great move because he showed that he declined but was still able to win and stay on top, but he left before that decline led to guys beating him. Legacy preserved. Then he returns at 185 and takes the MW title before retiring (against Bisping, but still haha)? I think GSP has all the requirements of a GOAT because to me sticking around until you start losing isn't a requirement.

But yeah, everything else spot on. Khabib was on the GOAT track, but retired before he could get the credentials.

I totally agree with all of that except I personally do put GSP there. Honestly I think he left/retired at the perfect time. He'd already shown the ability to overcome adversity and he'd spent years ruling over 170 with an iron fist, and he started to show a bit of decline even before the Hendricks fight. Most people think he lost that fight (me included), but regardless it was a display of him facing facing some adversity and taking the fight back in the championship rounds. He really didn't have much else to prove at the time other than whether or not he could beat a younger Hendricks who in his peak more decisively. Leaving was a great move because he showed that he declined but was still able to win and stay on top, but he left before that decline led to guys beating him. Legacy preserved. Then he returns at 185 and takes the MW title before retiring (against Bisping, but still haha)? I think GSP has all the requirements of a GOAT because to me sticking around until you start losing isn't a requirement.

But yeah, everything else spot on. Khabib was on the GOAT track, but retired before he could get the credentials.
Sure man, I respect what you say and for SURE GSP was a great fighter and looks like a decent guy too. Some friends met him once while he was visiting one of the Gracies gyms and they said he was such a nice guy. Maybe im just sad we miss big names and lost one sooner than necessary. Now this Khabib bs

No, the reason is because they are American / Canadian, they can get to the UFC higher ranks far faster than the other talented fighters from other continents could.

Let's see how fast Jon Jones, and GSP could get to the UFC if they were from East Europe like Khabib is.

Khabib basicaly pave the way for people like Khamzat. If there was no Khabib, no one would care about Khamzat's hype, and he couldn't get to the UFC higher ranks this fast.
how about Fedor, A.Silva and Aldo? They have more top 10 ranked wins and stayed longer as #1 in their respective divisions, and they are not north american.

how about Fedor, A.Silva and Aldo? They have more top 10 ranked wins and stayed longer as #1 in their respective divisions, and they are not north american.
Fedor never fought in UFC, he followed a different path to be a great. Also Fedor's region and his culture, his religion in Russia is far different than Khabib's.

Silva and Aldo are Brazilians, they are very close to the region where UFC (America) operates. Brazilians can get to the UFC far easier than the people who are in East Europe can. That advantage also applies to the Mexicans, and to the people from South America countries.

Every fight he faces adversity, he just steamrolls right through it.
Adversity is breaking a foot few weeks before fight and then come out and dominate. He just deals with it differently and without bragging about it.

I'am not saying he isnt the best of all time, I'am just pointing out a reason that some may argue. He really hasn't cleared out a division, number of title defenses ect. Maybe also the level of his competition. IMO Anderson Silvas level of competition along with Fedors is no were ner say Jones or GSP.
That being said both have good arguments in the goat debate.

Back