The REAL reason Khabib will never be in GOAT contention in the eyes of the critics..

Yes. Quite handsomely. Includes a 401k plan and the healthcare benefits are amazing.
damn i need one of those gigs

to respond to the topic, khabib is #1 P4P and is def a GOAT, but some fans will always move the goalposts no matter what. conor, barboza, poirer, gaethje etc. were all supposed to beat him up and give him a real test and khabib ended up dominating all of them. i wish he'd go for 30-0 and title defense number 4 to break the LW record, its hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

i dont know, i dont want him to come back if he doesnt have the drive to. that situation right there can lead to a loss

damn i need one of those gigs

to respond to the topic, khabib is #1 P4P and is def a GOAT, but some fans will always move the goalposts no matter what. conor, barboza, poirer, gaethje etc. were all supposed to beat him up and give him a real test and khabib ended up dominating all of them. i wish he'd go for 30-0 and title defense number 4 to break the LW record, its hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

i dont know, i dont want him to come back if he doesnt have the drive to. that situation right there can lead to a loss
On the real though dude aboutt the posting, you're right. I do need to slow down. Find a new hobby and get Chandler out of my head lol. Dj inspired this post though

I agree, I don't think he'll ever get his credit. I'd like him to fight one more time as well but It is what it is.

If anything more people not liking him is better.

Lets look at Americans, they have been taught that they are the strongest, toughest, most powerful, smartest, most advanced, and have the best athletes.

And one mountain hillbilly with a 14th century mentality from a little village in a place they didn't even know existed came and dominated and basically embarrassed the best they had offer and retired without getting scratched.

Khabib has made people like @D 1 Wrestler question everything they have been taught in life. These people will never call him a GOAT, but when they go to sleep at night they will forever be haunted by PTSD inflicted on them by the Eagle, this means so much more than subjective GOAT talk.

On the real though dude aboutt the posting, you're right. I do need to slow down. Find a new hobby and get Chandler out of my head lol. Dj inspired this post though

I agree, I don't think he'll ever get his credit. I'd like him to fight one more time as well but It is what it is.
i wasnt taking shots at you, ive just been noticing every time i check the forum i see you talking about khabib or chandler lol. always

i dont think mike is going to do all that well to be honest. mid 30s, he already has a few stoppage losses in bellator to lesser competition. he can win a few favorable matchups in the top 10, but i dont see much past that.

He lost against Tibau, but yeah, he didn't really have to deal with the ramifications of a loss due to the judges.

Nah it's because despite being undefeated he doesn't have that many top wins. Mostly due to inactivity. That's the only knock against him.

<PlusJuan>

i wasnt taking shots at you, ive just been noticing every time i check the forum i see you talking about khabib or chandler lol. always

i dont think mike is going to do all that well to be honest. mid 30s, he already has a few stoppage losses in bellator to lesser competition. he can win a few favorable matchups in the top 10, but i dont see much past that.
I know dude. Sorry for my reaction but your criticism is valid. I need to slow my posting of threads.

I don't think Chandler will do all that great either but I think he'll be top 10. I just want to see him her his ass kicked by any top 10 . Throws too much shade

Yes, it’s crazy to suggest that him losing would be an easier sell for how great he is/was. Everything you say makes no sense. Facing adversity instead of DOMINATING your opponents is a lot less impressive. The one thing holding Khabib back from GOAT talks is that he hasn’t been challenged by a great wrestler. D1 wrestling means nothing as proven by Khabib. If Khabib fought GSP or someone like Colby or Usman and won, I’m 100% sold. For now I’ll just see him as the LW GOAT.

Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.

In Boxing, I think of Marciano with the 0 losses and the questions.

No..he is a Goat....So are others. I do not try to put one over the other. Same reason I won't argue who wins...spiderman vs superman. I have an opinion but I will not try to make it more than an opinion. I can be fan of more than one Goat too.

In today's world there is only one way to objectively differentiate the candidates in the running for the title Greatest Of All Time.

Fights against opponents without Wikipedia pages.
GSP - 1
Fedor - 2
Jones - 6
A. Silva - 6
DJ - 12
Khabib - 15

Yes, it’s crazy to suggest that him losing would be an easier sell for how great he is/was. Everything you say makes no sense. Facing adversity instead of DOMINATING your opponents is a lot less impressive. The one thing holding Khabib back from GOAT talks is that he hasn’t been challenged by a great wrestler. D1 wrestling means nothing as proven by Khabib. If Khabib fought GSP or someone like Colby or Usman and won, I’m 100% sold. For now I’ll just see him as the LW GOAT.
I agree but I think it's something people hood over him and had he lost early in his career, the narrative of khabib would be different.

You have fighters and fans alike that didn't know that khabib even had a submission game. I think khabib has had three , maybe four triangle submissions from mount and people are like wtf I didn't know he had that.

His striking is always underrated. If he lost and showed up and boxed Al iaquinta, I think Joe would have had a different narrative that night. In joe's head, khabib failed because he was flirting with danger because his standup is not good enough.

Let's not pretend 2.0s of fighters don't get oversold among mma fans. It always happens.

When you win almost flawlessly, there's almost nothing to nitpick so they make a strawman and argue that.

I've seen it argued by dan hardy and the like. This is just one clip but dan hardy's lives by the mantra you learn more from your losses than wins. A writer from the fight site always held the fact khabibs never lost or had to battle some adversity to win

I don't think these views are on the minority. I think only few will verbalize it. Every next fight is the toughest test for khabib until it isn't.

When khabib wins against the tough tests, it's because Conor partied and didn't have a focused camp. It's because Dustin and Justin were both afraid of the TD, etc etc. Lol

Nobody cares what Can Hardy has to say. Knowledgeable fans know there has never been a fighter even close to as dominant as Khabib was and hence he deserves to be in GOAT argument.

3 (arguably 2) defenses and 4 top 5 wins is why hes not.

Still by far LW GOAT and 4th/5th p4p

Is because he's never faced adversity or a loss. He dominates all his opponents and that's the reason why.

The reasons the other guys get the praise in addition other stuff(# of title defenses, sos etc) is they have faced adversity and shown they can won in multiple ways. Khabib hasn't shown that

It's kinda crazy to suggest but had khabib lost to barboza or something than go on to beat barboza in a rematch, Conor, gaethje, Dustin. The media would spin it at omg, look how much he's grown as a fighter. Etc there are still fighters and journalists that say khabibs striking isn't effective.

I think the fight world see khabib as a one trick pony(Kevin holland for sure has called him that) and believe eventually he won't be able to win his way. So they're banking on that.

Khabib could finish 35-0 at lw and the goalpost will move to he didn't go to ww in the era of double champs<Lmaoo>

Tl; Dr khabibs never been through adversity or lost his dominant style is held against him because he hasn't shown to win multiple ways.
i'm a huge khabib fan, but half his fights are against no names. and he only defended the belt a few times. isn't that the real reason?

No, the reason is that the other GOAT candidates have much more title defences and top level wins.

Thats not correct at all dude.

I fucking love Khabib but the reason I struggle to put him on a GOAT list is because of those 29 wins only 6 of them came against top 10 competition and 21 of them are against nobodies.

From a pure potential standpoint sure, Khabib maybe the greatest at force his opponents to fight his fight and crushing them but Greatest of all Time isn't based on what we think could have been accomplished, it's based on what was accomplished in competition.

I think we shouldnt get too caught up in this whole goat debate. And instead just appreciate and enjoy the experiences of being able to witness great fighters, instead of finding negatives about them, and comparing them to someone completely outside of their weight class in a different time period to try and bring them down.

People are losing sight of the hard work,and focus khabib needs to stay dominant like that.
Yes people cam say this looks easy but it is not.
The guy has a hard nosed aggressive in your face style,and training to fight in this way has resulted in multiple injuries that almost ended his career.

To constantly apply the pressure,and not make mistakes over a career long period of time, is very difficult. It speaks of a very strong mind to stay motivated,and continue to improve. Small minded WEAK people would say this "lack of adversity" is a point against him. I say it's the pinnacle of sports excellence. They can take their second place and runner up trophies and forcibly plunge it up their back passage.

i'm a huge khabib fan, but half his fights are against no names. and he only defended the belt a few times. isn't that the real reason?
No.
There will always be something.
Excellence turns people off.

"Retiring early?? U cant do that??"

Back