The Real NCAA tournament tonight

Metcalfs win was sick. 149 was probably the best weight class in the country this year. He is a machine. I'm not an Iowa fan by any stretch but he deserves mad props for being a warrior.

Scott/Slanton

Love to see a pin! Especially during the NCAA finals.

I'm a hawk fan so i'm biased, but I think that was a case of the best man getting caught that night. Also I'm biased but I think Metcalf was awesome, that guy just has no quit in him and wears people out by just continuing to attack...he reminds me of ...oh say his coach when he wrestled? Its the style of wrestling I grew up on in Iowa and its the only style of wrestling I like to watch.

It turned out that Jaggers injury is just a high ankle sprain. But still gutsy nonetheless. He is a funk MASTER! I love his ability to score from anywhere, top, bottom, neutral.

I'd pick Metcalf's match as match of the night. Gives up 2 takedowns early and doesn't worry one bit. Just turned the heat up on Jenkins and tore him apart. He's up by like 5 or 6 points at the end and he's still shooting for a takedown.

It turned out that Jaggers injury is just a high ankle sprain. But still gutsy nonetheless. He is a funk MASTER! I love his ability to score from anywhere, top, bottom, neutral.
Huh?

"Ohio State junior J. Jaggers, right, suffers torn ankle ligaments during his 141-pound NCAA championship match with Cal Poly junior Chad Mendes on Saturday in St. Louis. After an injury timeout, Jaggers finished the match and won, 5-2.
His left ankle caught between the biceps and body of No. 1-ranked Chad Mendes of Cal Poly, Ohio State junior J. Jaggers could feel the ligaments in his ankle tear."

"The only thing that makes it feel good right now is knowing I have so long to recover and knowing what I just did," Jaggers said Tuesday. "This would hurt a lot worse if it came with a loss in the finals. To be a national champion takes a little bit of the pain away."

http://www.thematforums.com/myforum/?show_topic=51631&forum_id=3

Back