The Real NCAA tournament tonight

pjm46**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Basketball=

What boys play during wrestling season.

So who is watching the NCAA wrestling finals tonight on ESPN at 8:30

Lets give this event some good ratings and help out the sport of wrestling which has given so much to MMA.

This guy agrees:

1178479616Picture_7.jpg

This guy agrees:

1178479616Picture_7.jpg

As much as I hate Mother Russia in wrestling, That man should have retired undefeated.

Losing your last match to a guy you destroyed before because you broke your lock in the clinch.

Basketball=

What boys play during wrestling season.

So who is watching the NCAA wrestling finals tonight on ESPN at 8:30

Lets give this event some good ratings and help out the sport of wrestling which has given so much to MMA.

Who should we be looking out for?

Some qoutes from the finalists
Brent Metcalf

On his passion for wrestling…
“The hand to hand combat. It’s a fight. I don’t see it as a thing of strategy. It’s a hand fight. It’s to see who is the better man. That’s the attitude I take to it. If you’re going to wrestle me, you’re going to go through seven minutes of hell. If you can beat me then I congratulate you, but know it’s going to be tough. That’s the kind of wrestler I am and the mentality I take to it.”

JD Bergman
On making finals:
“It’s pretty much reaching a goal that I’ve had for more than 3 years.

After getting third in this tournament freshman year, I had ‘3-time NCAA Champ’ as the background on my phone. The next year I change it to ‘2-time NCAA Champ,’ and it’s just been ‘NCAA Champ’ after placing fourth last year. This tournament is incredible. Your first round match might be as hard if not harder than your final match. It’s a testament to Division I college wrestling. I really thought I could be the national champ for the last three years, but wrestling is though. It’s not just the physical part, which I think is harder than any other sport, it’s the mental aspect of it too. It really feels good to get into the finals.”

Who should we be looking out for?

Mark Perry is going for his second title but the guy he has wrestling Eric Tannenbaum has beaten him a couple of time this year.

Brent Metcalf was a real Blue Chipper two years ago but took a redshirt then got injured. He is nasty.

Also the guy he is facing in the finals Bubba Jenkins is a beast.

Both of these young man have Olympic medal potential. And I mean they have the talent to compete this summer but decided to wrestle college instead of freestyle this year.

brock lesnar would pwn his fairy communist ass

Karaelin would rip Brocks arms and head off and then take a duece down his throat....

I'm watching especially with the Hawks having wrapped up the team score. Their are some real cool story lines going on this year too, ESPN better do a good job covering them all.

I'll be watching :)

Rooting for Iowa, who already wrapped up the team title. Good to see we're back on top, and the Brand's Dynasty is in full movement.

Of the three Iowa colleges, Iowa, Iowa St., and Northern Iowa, there are 15 All-Americans, and 4 (3 Iowa, 1 Iowa St.) going for NCAA Championships.

Good Luck too all.

Mark Perry is going for his second title but the guy he has wrestling Eric Tannenbaum has beaten him a couple of time this year.

Brent Metcalf was a real Blue Chipper two years ago but took a redshirt then got injured. He is nasty.

Both of these young man have Olympic medal potential. And I mean they have the talent to compete this summer but decided to wrestle college instead of freestyle this year.

Almost any of the matches are going to be amazing tonight...I'm looking forward to probably every match for one reason or another...but yeah the three Hawkeye matches at 133, 149, 165 have a lot of drama in them.

I don't agree with your statement on Jenkins.

Metcalf completely worked his ass in Iowa City, when they had a meet. Jenkins was so worn out in the middle of the 1st period, he was faking injuries the rest of the match, and Metcalf would get the takedown, and Jenkins layed on the mat, when Metcalf let him up.

A beast would put everything he had into a match, although you better have an extra tank against Metcalf, he's balls to the walls the whole match.

I'll check it out...

Anyone know if any of those competing tonight have plans to compete in MMA in the future?

I'll check it out...

Anyone know if any of those competing tonight have plans to compete in MMA in the future?

Wouldn't doubt it. What other venture, besides pro wrestling, can they use their skills in.

Wouldn't doubt it. What other venture, besides pro wrestling, can they use their skills in.

Well, they could pursue the olympics, go into pro-wrestling, or go into coaching amateur wrestling. Many of them just stop competition altogether following college.

But I was just wondering about specific names though that might have talked about their desire to compete in MMA after their amateur wrestling career, I could look out for.

Too true, MMA= a solid paycheck for mid level guys, huge loot for top tier guys

I don't agree with your statement on Jenkins.

Metcalf completely worked his ass in Iowa City, when they had a meet. Jenkins was so worn out in the middle of the 1st period, he was faking injuries the rest of the match, and Metcalf would get the takedown, and Jenkins layed on the mat, when Metcalf let him up.

A beast would put everything he had into a match, although you better have an extra tank against Metcalf, he's balls to the walls the whole match.

Come on man Metcalf has a gas tank that doesn't stop.

Does Jenkins have the best gas tank? No

Is he a beast that is in the NCAA finals and has a Junior Freestyl world title to his name?

Hells Yeah.

Like I sadi earlier both of these guys are Olympic level talent.

Back