THE PUNISHER Season 2 (Cancelled)

Russo should look a lot more fucked up as Jigsaw. Kinda disappointing.

Still works cause his character was vain about his looks but I wish they'd gone more gruesome with it.

He looked like total shit at the end of S1. Now it looks as if he just has a scar. His fucking face should be mangled.

He looked like total shit at the end of S1. Now it looks as if he just has a scar. His fucking face should be mangled.
In this they explain that in the punisher they did not want to make him look comicbookish because he still has to mix with people and be more like a guy who is scared mentally but still can mix with others. All but a done deal that Netflix is losing all the Disney properties. The Avengers stuff is BS just to get clicks.

That contradicts what I read, but I hope it's true.
The original statement came out at the end of November I think? This came out a few weeks later, there is hope and I’m sure there would need to be a waiting period for the full contract to expire.
Ya every thing is negotiable. If Disney wants those properties on TV then there is a cheque Netflix will take to allow it. Disney just can't blow there load and say 'yes we want them no matter what' and drive up the price Netflix will ask for. Disney has to be prepared to walk away for Netflix to say 'eh, anything is better than nothing at this point as we are done with these properties'.

Well to be fair comic book characters have a history of taking horrific beatings that should leave marks, scars and damage (such as limping, etc) and they are gone in the next scene Daredevil should not be a pretty boy and walking straight after all the beating he has taken.

Surprised to hear so many people were lukewarm on the first season. I absolutely loved it and thought they got the tone of the Punisher story and character perfectly for my tastes; reminded me a lot of the Punisher MAX comics. Hopeful but wary about the second season.

Well to be fair comic book characters have a history of taking horrific beatings that should leave marks, scars and damage (such as limping, etc) and they are gone in the next scene Daredevil should not be a pretty boy and walking straight after all the beating he has taken.

Yeah, but Murdock is a boss, so....:D

they should just go over the top and embrace the violence as Punisher: WarZone the movie did (that movie was campy as hell, but also extremely brutal)

It has a bit of tryhard tone to it. Not digging the trailer, but i'll binge it as soon as it comes out

Sounded like a Breaking Bad homage/rip off.

"I am the one who knocks".

Typical Irish-American Catholic; dumb enough to take a beating, tough enough to walk it off;)

Ya every thing is negotiable. If Disney wants those properties on TV then there is a cheque Netflix will take to allow it. Disney just can't blow there load and say 'yes we want them no matter what' and drive up the price Netflix will ask for. Disney has to be prepared to walk away for Netflix to say 'eh, anything is better than nothing at this point as we are done with these properties'.

I see them taking Daredevil at least. Hopefully Jessica Jones as well. Iron Fist needs to be canned.

That first season just seemed so dragged out though.

Agreed. I expected a lot more action on the show. I hope this one has way more action. I don't want to watch the punisher playing detective, I want him out there killing mofos.

To be fair, Marvel Netflix shows did a much better job with this issue than many other movies or TV shows.

To be fair, Marvel Netflix shows did a much better job with this issue than many other movies or TV shows.
Ya. About 18 months ago I was in a small car hit head on by an SUV which totalled the car I was in and sent it spinning off the road. Cars today are amazing in absorbing the bulk of the impact and the airbags and seat belts did their job. I had some slight blood from the nose but otherwise was fine.

But WOW, the whiplash effect had me buckled over as I left the car. I could hardly stand, let alone imaging fighting or running from trouble. I was basically incapacitated other than being able to lumber off.

Ya. About 18 months ago I was in a small car hit head on by an SUV which totalled the car I was in and sent it spinning off the road. Cars today are amazing in absorbing the bulk of the impact and the airbags and seat belts did their job. I had some slight blood from the nose but otherwise was fine.

But WOW, the whiplash effect had me buckled over as I left the car. I could hardly stand, let alone imaging fighting or running from trouble. I was basically incapacitated other than being able to lumber off.

Weird flex, but OK.

J/K, i see your point. I doubt we'll soon see a TV show/movie where the hero is in a car accident and not be able to do anything but walk slowly in agonizing pain for the rest of the episode/movie. Those kind of movies tend to not make bank ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One has to make allowances for the need to move the story along. In DD Season 2, Frank is on trial within, at most, a couple of weeks of being captured. In reality, it would take months to get to trial. Also, both Murdoch and Nelson and the DA behave in ways that, in the real world would see them disbarred at best, if not arrested themselves.

Last edited:
Weird flex, but OK.

J/K, i see your point. I doubt we'll soon see a TV show/movie where the hero is in a car accident and not be able to do anything but walk slowly in agonizing pain for the rest of the episode/movie. Those kind of movies tend to not make bank ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bro, I'm a sherbro peak human.
<{JustBleed}>
:meow:
{<Mcgoat}

If I Could not handle it and keep fighting then even Cap would have to sit down.

Right @PRIDEWASBETTER? Right???

My hope is he disfigures himself as the series goes on.
In the comics, didn't Frank cut his face up again every time they fought? Well maybe not every time, but my point is his face got worse over time.

Really looking forward to seeing this loved the DD stuff and season 1. Was pleasantly surprised with the level of violence to be honest

Back