THE PUNISHER Season 2 (Cancelled)

“Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, Kevin Mayer, chairman of Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International, responded to the question of bringing the cancelled Marvel shows to its unreleased streaming platform by saying: “They are very high-quality shows. We haven't yet discussed that, but I would say that's a possibility.”
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tomsguide.com/us/disney-plus-marvel-shows-revival,news-28887.html

That contradicts what I read, but I hope it's true.

Update: January 1, 2019

New Teaser for THE PUNISHER Season 2; Possibly Coming Out January 18, 2019 on Netflix

Worst show ever. So boring and disappointing. I read punisher as a kid, it wasnt comics full of punisher talking to people.
1471631067304.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully with the backstory out of the way in season 1 we can now get the season long ultraviolence Punisher fans demand. Don't try to sell me on a deep message or convoluted storyline. I want stacks of bodies 10 feet tall.

That contradicts what I read, but I hope it's true.
The original statement came out at the end of November I think? This came out a few weeks later, there is hope and I’m sure there would need to be a waiting period for the full contract to expire.

Update: January 3, 2019

New Trailer for THE PUNISHER Season 2; Official Release Date on January 18, 2019

New Trailer for THE PUNISHER Season 2; Official Release Date on January 18, 2019

Can't believe I'm saying this about the motherfucking Punisher...but that did nothing for me. The trailer for Daredevil season 3 made me hard as rock. This barely give me a semi.

Still pissed off Billy's getting an immediate rematch. Should have used my athletic and explosive brother, Barracuda:rolleyes:

Russo should look a lot more fucked up as Jigsaw. Kinda disappointing.

Still works cause his character was vain about his looks but I wish they'd gone more gruesome with it.

"I'm not the one who dies. I'm the one who does the killing". Sounded cheesy as fuck. Not something I'd expect Frank to say.

Punisher S1 is probably the best or 2nd best season of all the Netflix Marvel shows, just based on how the story unfolds -- its very clean.
These trailers look like absolute garbage, I fear for how poorly done s2 might turn out.

I was watching punisher warzone the other night with my GF. Even she said that is how the punisher should be. I liked him more in DD season 2 than his own show.

I was watching punisher warzone the other night with my GF. Even she said that is how the punisher should be. I liked him more in DD season 2 than his own show.
Yeah I found it easier to relate to Frank when played off Daredevil's ineffectual pummeling of crooks. Bernthal's portrayal was on point as always.

They'd really have to drop the ball for Punisher s2 to suck considering how strong the cast is.

Russo should look a lot more fucked up as Jigsaw. Kinda disappointing.

Still works cause his character was vain about his looks but I wish they'd gone more gruesome with it.
My hope is he disfigures himself as the series goes on.

Tried to watch the first season and it was just awful.
Way too PC for a punisher show and that detective character is so fucking cringey.

"I'm not the one who dies. I'm the one who does the killing". Sounded cheesy as fuck. Not something I'd expect Frank to say.
It has a bit of tryhard tone to it. Not digging the trailer, but i'll binge it as soon as it comes out

Only watched a few episodes from the first season and it didn't strike me as being very Punishery. Not that bothered about this one either especially as we now know there is no future for the series.

Back