The problem with Erick Silva is...

After watching him eat all those punches you think he's soft? You might have mental issues ...

I think Silva's problems are:

1.) Cardio
2.) Lack of game planning
3.) Fight IQ
4.) Fighting wildly
5.) His corner

According to Social Media Silva got carried out on a backboard by EMTs. He took an ass whooping like a man tonight.

Ok keep betting on him then. You think it's only 1 fight? Look at his other fights

I guarantee he will lose his next fight if the dude he's fighting is in the top 20
lHnFs.gif

Bad coaching and team
Bad cardio
Bad fight iq

Still a fan though...hope he can turn something around

Newest member of the One Round Club. Was able to get away in the past with blowing his gas tank in Round 1 for speed and power, but not able to get away with that against better guys in UFC.

Ok keep betting on him then. You think it's only 1 fight? Look at his other fights

I guarantee he will lose his next fight if the dude he's fighting is in the top 20
lHnFs.gif

I bet on him? No. But you saying he's soft is is off base after that fight.

1. Overrated brazilian fighter
2.Terrible cardio
3. Even overreem have better cardio

No. The problem with Erick Silva is the UFC thinks so highly of him, so they're giving him fights he isn't ready for yet. Then they give him a guy like Jason High, and he finishes him effortlessly. So they think he's above that level. That's why they give him high level guys.

They gave him Jon Fitch after a win over Charlie Brenneman. Because it was a fairly competitive fight, they thought that Silva was on that level. He's really never had a proper build into a high level fight. I mean, think about it. All of you saying "cardio", "fight IQ"... lol. No. He's simply not ready for these super high level guys. Vegas putting him as the favorite over these guys doesn't help either.

According to Social Media Silva got carried out on a backboard by EMTs. He took an ass whooping like a man tonight.

Yeah he fought hard, like a real man.. but i would have understood if he tapped to strikes/didn't want anymore of it. It was almost painful to watch.

This was never a good matcup. He's tough, but he gets rocked easily. There's an amazing fighter in there somewhere, but someone needs to pull it out of him.

Having said that, the beating he took tonight might have really fucked up his appetite.

He keeps his hands down so he can defend takedowns (it makes it a lot easier to get underhooks with low hands, and since he doesn't have a strong wrasslin' pedigree or a horrifying guard game, he has to sacrifice something).

Fair. But if you want to keep your hands down, you should have good distance control, and good dodging skills. Just like the other Silva. And Erick clearly can't do it. So, he would be better trusting his jitz a little more or improving his TDD.

And he still needs a good improvement on this game planning. And a new camp. Blackzillians would be good for him. Or NU, if he prefers to stay in Brazil.

This was never a good matcup. He's tough, but he gets rocked easily. There's an amazing fighter in there somewhere, but someone needs to pull it out of him.

Having said that, the beating he took tonight might have really fucked up his appetite.

I doubt you can fix that fight IQ.. has talent for sure but is just plein weird in the octagon. The way he walks away, sideways.. hands low.. etc

Silva needs to stick to beating up cans in front of a partisan crowd.

I bet on him? No. But you saying he's soft is is off base after that fight.

Look at all his fights dude.

He can have all the cardio and game plan he wants.

The bottom line is that soft dudes will lose all that anyways when you start breaking them, all that stuff just gets thrown out the window

Is.....he just got his butt handed to him. Maybe he's not as great as we think he is.

He got beatdown after almost finishing his opponent and gassing...an opponent that lots of people here think can be champion....maybe hes not that bad and just needs to improve some aspects of his game...

Look at all his fights dude.

He can have all the cardio and game plan he wants.

The bottom line is that soft dudes will lose all that anyways when you start breaking them, all that stuff just gets thrown out the window

You think Brown broke him and that's why his cardio went? Uhh ... No.

Silva gassed hard after he almost finished Brown twice and then Brown beat the shit out of him. You might need to DVR things and rewatch them before you type.

took a lot of punishment and survived submissions attempts,not bad at all.What he failed to do is go for the kill when he had Brown hurt with the body kick or just keep drilling the body.His lack of cardio did not help either.He'd be lucky if UFC didn't cut him.Maybe a change of camp, like my fellow sherdogers suggested ,will rejuvenate his career.

Erik needs to learn how to game plan or listen to his cornermen

This. He needs to be cut. However the people who own UFC don't cut Brazilians

I'm not sure about cutting him, but I do believe people jizzed all over themselves when he got those few early KO's and didn't ever stop to ask "How will he do against guys that are actually top level fighter?"

Not to take away from Matt Brown's heart and performance every time he fights but Erick Silva has always been overrated. Let's see Matt fight Lombard or Lawler before fighting Hendricks.

Back