The problem with Erick Silva is...

The problem with Silva is that he isn't that good as his fans claim he is. He got destroyed by ever top 15 fighter he faced. Changing camps won't make him better skillwise all of the sudden.

Joe Silva just loves Erick. Winning or losing, he's still an exciting fighter, and he has potential (which he already should have developed). In worst scenario, Erick can still beat unranked fighters in great fashion.

This. He needs to be cut. However the people who own UFC don't cut Brazilians

177.gif

He's not very good but since he's Brazilian people like to overrate him and make him like he is actually a contender.

Also he's just not as great as people hyped him up to be.

I really do think it's as simple as this. He's a good fighter, but not the next phenom like some made him out to be when he first came into the UFC.

The problem with Silva is that he isn't that good as his fans claim he is. He got destroyed by ever top 15 fighter he faced. Changing camps won't make him better skillwise all of the sudden.

I think a treadmill and a coach who can tell him what to do would help.

Every time he hit Brown's body after the first, Brown was in a lot of pain, yet he only did it a few times. His corner was amateur level.

The problem is overrated and over-hyped.

What does that have to do with him losing fights? This is irrelevant.

I swear, most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about or just post senseless dribble.

I really do think it's as simple as this. He's a good fighter, but not the next phenom like some made him out to be when he first came into the UFC.

Phenom or not, he could have won that fight if he fought smarter and didn't gas after three minutes.

He was just plain horrible tonight. Back peddling into the cage from the get go against a wild relentless brawler was as bad of a game plan as a person could possibly have. He kept loading up and trying to land a one punch KO that wasn't going to happen. He didn't capitalize on Brown when he had him hurt... he should have gone axe murderer on him but instead tried to mount him and let him recover. Awful fight and a one sided beat down after the first 2 minutes of the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut after that horrible performance.

You think Brown broke him and that's why his cardio went? Uhh ... No.

Silva gassed hard after he almost finished Brown twice and then Brown beat the shit out of him. You might need to DVR things and rewatch them before you type.

Dude he gassed cause Brown didn't break....it's demoralizing, that's why he gassed.

He's basically like the poor man's Fernando Vargas

Dude he gassed cause Brown didn't break....it's demoralizing, that's why he gassed.

He's basically like the poor man's Fernando Vargas

He gassed because he shot his wad, not because he was shocked he couldn't finish Brown. Sorry sports psychologist.

He gassed because he shot his wad, not because he was shocked he couldn't finish Brown. Sorry sports psychologist.

LOL, no. You're an idiot or something I think.

Cardio is as much in your head as it is physical you fool

I've seen fat coked out dudes jump off a building, get up, and keep running for miles. You think coke heads have some awesome cardio?
lHnFs.gif

I've seen fat coked out dudes jump off a building, get up, and keep running for miles. You think coke heads have some awesome cardio?
lHnFs.gif

I'm an idiot. Your post needs more caps to prove your 'LOL'ing ...

I'm glad you've seen some things man ... What a joke, lol.

It's just Silva... the dude kinda gets wild and forgets everything when sparks are flying.... you also saw it in the DHK fight, once Kim started to press and go wild Silva just started dropping his hands and threw wild strikes. Same thing tonight, once Brown started to press Silva, he just dropped his hands and tried to do any type of crazy shit to get Brown away.... Silva's got no composure and it's like he panics once the other fighter starts coming after him

I think a treadmill and a coach who can tell him what to do would help.

Every time he hit Brown's body after the first, Brown was in a lot of pain, yet he only did it a few times. His corner was amateur level.

What does that have to do with him losing fights? This is irrelevant.

I swear, most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about or just post senseless dribble.

He is overrated so he gets put against better opposition? He's over-hyped so people think he will win when he isn't as good as people think? You apparently are ignorant because you think only your opinion matters.

Your response to mine was irrelevant. Your opinion is irrelevant.

That beating from Brown probably traumatized him, I felt bad watching him take all those shots.

silva's issues are very simple

1. cardio
2. bad fight iq
3. change teams
4. LISTEN TO HIS CORNER ( they told him to keep using body shots but he didn't listen or was too tired to use them)

Well coke is a hell of a drug.

Spoiler though, cardio is way more physical than mental. Put a sober out of shape cokehead in a three mile field and I guarantee you an in shape cop will take them down within a mile easy, doesnt matter how much coke is waiting on the other side or how many years in jail they are facing if they get caught.

Cardio is way more physical than mental; if you don't believe that I suggest you attend college and take some physiology courses

It's not his fault if he's overrated... Why do fickle fight fans hold that against the fighter and not the MMA media?

Back