The problem with Erick Silva is...

he needs cardio for real... Not even shogun has a bad cardio than him

The problem is he is very overrated.

He needs to stop thinking he's Anderson Silva and raise those arms. It's difficult to keep the gas after getting a full unanswered beatdown.

you can't fix soft

After watching him eat all those punches you think he's soft? You might have mental issues ...

I think Silva's problems are:

1.) Cardio
2.) Lack of game planning
3.) Fight IQ
4.) Fighting wildly
5.) His corner

According to Social Media Silva got carried out on a backboard by EMTs. He took an ass whooping like a man tonight.

I thought he had potential to be a 5 fighter but these recent losses proved otherwise.

After watching him eat all those punches you think he's soft? You might have mental issues ...

I think Silva's problems are:

1.) Cardio
2.) Lack of game planning
3.) Fight IQ
4.) Fighting wildly
5.) His corner

SPECIALLY 2, 3 and 4.

People who don't know anything about the sport (but think they do) always say it's "their camp", or "their lack of athleticism", or "their motivation", or "their heart", or they say "they're just overrated and not that good". But when it comes down to actually explaining why one fighter was unable to punch their opponent while avoiding getting punched, they have nothing to say beyond that what-I-learned-from-my-first-boxing-class type of statement like, "They didn't keep their hands up and their chin tucked."

Is.....he just got his butt handed to him. Maybe he's not as great as we think he is.

His cardio/recovery was atrocious. I was surprised he was able to double over Brown in the 2nd. He was basically a walking zombie.

He needs to stop thinking he's Anderson Silva and raise those arms. It's difficult to keep the gas after getting a full unanswered beatdown.

He keeps his hands down so he can defend takedowns (it makes it a lot easier to get underhooks with low hands, and since he doesn't have a strong wrasslin' pedigree or a horrifying guard game, he has to sacrifice something).

Back