The Power of Karate

Tumenov is a freestyle karate practitioner.. But Nelson isn't in the same league as the others when Karate is mentioned

That performance was VERY impressive. Thompson may have the quickest most deadly spinning kicks in MMA. A lot of people will always say the sideways stance makes you vulnerable to leg kicks but every style has its drawbacks.

Yeah, fuck Roy Nelson. Besides, doesn't he claim credit as a "kung fu fighter"?

I agree that it's interesting to see these guys come on board. Actually, I fucking love it.

EDIT: I meant Gunnar Nelson, bro!
Oh shit dude I was out of it when I read it I was like this was a pretty good post bUT why Roy Nelson.

Tumenov is a freestyle karate practitioner.. But Nelson isn't in the same league as the others when Karate is mentioned

Why not? He studied Goju-ryu for many years and just KOd Thatch.

Oh shit dude I was out of it when I read it I was like this was a pretty good post bUT why Roy Nelson.

In retrospect, I can see how it could be confusing. I should probably edit the OP.

Why not? He studied Goju-ryu for many years and just KOd Thatch.
Okay, he may be accomplished in the sport, but he hasn't put it too great use in MMA. He tries the same shot over and over again.. watch his fight vs Story to see how predictable he is.

Okay, he may be accomplished in the sport, but he hasn't put it too great use in MMA. He tries the same shot over and over again.. watch his fight vs Story to see how predictable he is.

I do agree that he's not as skilled as someone like Machida or Thompson. He left karate to study BJJ anyway, so he's different from those guys in a few ways.

Back